Official Rant of the Day

The price of vehicles these days is just ridiculous! I just got a look at a new Ford Ranger. I had 2 of them in succession and loved them both. However, the Ranger is no longer a small p/up. It is now a mid-size!! And, man, does it cost! A Toyota Tacoma is a better deal! I've been looking for a used Ranger to replace my beater Chevy S-10 to no avail! There's a used Ranger sitting on a lot not far from me that has been there a while. That is not usually the case. I went up there on a Sunday knowing that I wouldn't be bothered, to look at it. The truck bed was a total disaster! Nothing but rust end to end! It looked like that truck had been rode hard and put away wet!

My A/C was not blowing cold in my truck. I ended up recharging the A/C. I’m just annoyed with this chip shortage. My truck is a 2009 and while the engine is fine, all these little annoyances keep coming up. I am ready for a new truck. However, first I refuse to buy a $85k truck and not get the massage seats (but hey they will give me a $300 credit), and second, I refuse to pay $89k for a $85k truck!
Mine just stopped blowing cold two days ago as well. I'm quite annoyed. If it were any warmer I'd be doing nothing before getting it fixed.

Two times in a row now, I have made chili with a new chili powder I had picked up.

First time? Ridiculously hot. So hot I can't eat it.
Second time? Halve the amount of chili powder. Still so hot we can't eat it.

Time to dump this chili powder out. I cannot deal with cookng for hours and then just throwing it all out because it is inedible lol.

Two times in a row now, I have made chili with a new chili powder I had picked up.

Time to dump this chili powder out. I cannot deal with cookng for hours and then just throwing it all out because it is inedible lol.
We all know that Chili Powder only goes in Meth!

We all know that Chili Powder only goes in Meth!
Is that why my Meth always seems to be lacking some kick? Lack of chili powder...

damn dude, that's tough. Bail HARD on that chili powder.

This is a super personal post, but I am doing this because I am wondering if anyone else has a female in their life that might be going through something similar, and if there was anything that fixed it.

This will probably be stupid to guys, but I in complete panic mode right now. For the past few weeks my hair is falling out, and not just a little bit, more like I am going through chemo and it's coming out by the handful. I got blood work done and there is nothing medically wrong with me, which I am glad about, but that doesn't explain why I am losing hair at such a rapid pace and in such mass quantities. I am truly terrified I am going to lose all my hair. It's why I didn't want to be on camera for the WGP.

I have spent hours upon hours researching what it could be, and have a new theory that my hair might be in a protein overload, and and hoping and praying this theory is correct and within 4-6 weeks I can be fixed. I saw a doctor and went to 2 different hair stylists to discuss the issue and everyone agrees this is not normal, but no one seems to be offering an explanation for why it's happening or how to fix it. They all did say that they have seen a huge influx of women coming in with a similar issue and there seems to be a possible correlation to unexplained hair loss and COVID, which is interesting, however, as far as I know I have never had it. That's not to say I haven't, but I have never tested positive, even the one time I was sick, I got tested and it was negative.

I just need to figure this out, but this is causing me great stress, and honestly putting me in a very deep depression. I cry just about every night wondering how much more hair I will lose.
I know I'm a little bit late here, Morgan, but my wife experienced the very same thing. Now, I know that you mentioned that there was no medical explanation for what you are experiencing but with my wife it was a combination of complications with both her pituitary gland and thyroid issues. She, also, was crying herself to sleep over it. She went to a recommended whole food and plant based diet and not only did she stop losing her hair, it also grew back. So, the protein overload that you previously mentioned could have some merit. Hope this helps.

In another month, Valentine's and Easter stuff will be out.

So the HR system for my new job is jacked and they cant get the offer letter out which is holding up everything. smh always something.

So the HR system for my new job is jacked and they cant get the offer letter out which is holding up everything. smh always something.
Sorry to hear that, hope they can get it righted quickly. I’m still waiting on any sort of formal offer after my discussion 3 weeks ago and was told HR is the holdup :(

Sorry to hear that, hope they can get it righted quickly. I’m still waiting on any sort of formal offer after my discussion 3 weeks ago and was told HR is the holdup :(
He always an issue

Telling someone they have 5 min on agenda and they show up with a 75 slide PowerPoint

In another month, Valentine's and Easter stuff will be out.

I went to Costco on Saturday and it was the same...it's September FFS.

Telling someone they have 5 min on agenda and they show up with a 75 slide PowerPoint

And they have a computer glitch that won't allow them to play it! This actually happened to me. We attended the Cincinnnati Wine Festival as a company, and the knuckleheads in management actually scheduled a Sunday morning meeting! The Saturday session let out at 7PM as I recall, maybe 8, and what did the sales force do? They went out and partied hearty! I went and had a few drinks too, but bowed out early because there was an early meeting the next day. I was, I think, the eldest member of the sales force. Nobody else gave a flaming **** about that meeting.

I think that I, and the management team, and the presenters, were the only sober people in the place. Everybody was either still drunk, or seriously hung over! Several people had to repeatedly run to the restroom lest they unleash the "techicolor yawn" all over the table. Some people just passed out! Plus, the presenters had a computer that would not run their PowerPoint presentation! Which was bound to be a dog in the first place. We were a subsidiary of the parent company, specializing in better wine that they had a hard time selling. I had seen this stuff all over the market. It was good wine, an Aussie wine that we called an "animal" label. However, it was overpriced.

So, our manager tried to help them with their computer. He was pretty savvy. He told us later that he wanted to throw their laptop out the window! But, he got it to work, and we had to suffer through a presentation that nobody wanted or was interested in!

I put absolutely no effort into that line. And I noticed that at the next year's festival, management did NOT schedule a Sunday morning meeting!

Last edited:
My electric supplier contract ends next month 😓

JBCIV has an ear infection, Sicilia and myself have sinus infections. It’s been a rough couple days.

Paid for my round last night (no discount) and after paying am told "We just punched all the greens so they are bumpy. Additionally holes 1,3,4,5,6,8, and 9 all got a bad fungus and are in bad shape but the back is better." There was no discount. The greens were horrible like pictured.. more dirt than grass. If it wasn't my only chance to play golf this week I would have got a refund and left.
20220920_165932.jpg

Paid for my round last night (no discount) and after paying am told "We just punched all the greens so they are bumpy. Additionally holes 1,3,4,5,6,8, and 9 all got a bad fungus and are in bad shape but the back is better." There was no discount. The greens were horrible like pictured.. more dirt than grass. If it wasn't my only chance to play golf this week I would have got a refund and left.
View attachment 9122212
That looks like they need to shut it down for the season...

It was bad to say the least. Even 8-10 foot putts were bumping every which way..

Quick recap of my morning

I just found out that there's a corporate event being held at that course tomorrow. And I've been asked to volunteer and drive the beer cart. There are going to be some unhappy golfers tomorrow!!

12:15 - hey can you hop on the forklift and unload this delivery and then load up this other delivery

Back