The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Gotta give it to you, you keep beating that poor horse.
When players go off to another Tour for countless millions then sue the tour, they left just rub me the wrong way and I think that it's a horse that needs to be beaten constantly. IMO

IMO they should just take the money and go away. Other people feel a different way, but that's ok to.

Last edited:
There is no need for this. We have mods and have no need for a cheerleader or dislike thread just as any other topic on thp for those that only stick to this singular thread.
I didn't think it was that far fetched as you yourself threatened to close the LIV thread all together. I would rather have 2 LIV threads than none. It was just a suggestion that all, do you not welcome suggestions? If not, I'll keep my mouth shut and just watch this thread continue to be a pissing match and you can deal with it as you please.
Finally, and last suggestion, a "do you even care about LIV" thread, I stole that from the President Cup one. 😀

I didn't think it was that far fetched as you yourself threatened to close the LIV thread all together. I would rather have 2 LIV threads than none. It was just a suggestion that all, do you not welcome suggestions? If not, I'll keep my mouth shut and just watch this thread continue to be a pissing match and you can deal with it as you please.
Finally, and last suggestion, a "do you even care about LIV" thread, I stole that from the President Cup one. 😀
We take all suggestions. We took this one and disagreed. We do not need multiple threads, just as we don’t for the pga tour, players or anything else.

If one doesn’t like the conversation direction they do not need to respond. Or they can choose another topic. Or they can post their thoughts in a different direction of the thread.

If one doesn’t like how this forum is moderates, there are other options. While we are certain there are none like this, there are plenty of places to discuss LIV Golf if that is their only motive.

We take all suggestions. We took this one and disagreed. We do not need multiple threads, just as we don’t for the pga tour, players or anything else.

If one doesn’t like the conversation direction they do not need to respond. Or they can choose another topic. Or they can post their thoughts in a different direction of the thread.

If one doesn’t like how this forum is moderates, there are other options. While we are certain there are none like this, there are plenty of places to discuss LIV Golf if that is their only motive.
OMG it was just a suggestion, the whole "if you don't like it. leave it" attitude is really not necessary. It sounds like your fine with it being a pissing match thread and after reading some of your LIV opinions I have a clearer understanding of why. We're good, I get it, have a nice day. ;)

• WTF
Reactions: JB
When players go off to another Tour for countless millions then sue the tour, they left just rub me the wrong way and I think that it's a horse that needs to be beaten constantly. IMO

IMO they should just take the money and go away. Other people feel a different way, but that's ok to.
Damn them for taking more money. I’d definitely never ever do that at my job, ever.

OMG it was just a suggestion, the whole "if you don't like it. leave it" attitude is really not necessary. It sounds like your fine with it being a pissing match thread and after reading some of your LIV opinions I have a clearer understanding of why. We're good, I get it, have a nice day. ;)
A pissing match? Not even close. We started THP Experiences to get away from that very thing. We are the only forum that has involvement from the owners in every way imaginable virtually and in person. But we are not going to censor people other than to force a civil conversation and when it doesn’t go that way, be forced to remove people, which is ******* absurd over a golf league.

You wanting two threads on the same topic as to avoid debate, is fine. We don’t see it that way and will not be doing that. If someone wants that, we suggest an alternative. Its a fairly simple process and idea. We have a way we believe this community, website, social media, events, contests, etc should go. Doesn’t mean its right. It means its our belief and if people feel strongly about doing it differently, that is fine too.

But this constant thing with the same handful of people is exhausting and wont continue.

Damn them for taking more money. I’d definitely never ever do that at my job, ever.
Nor would you sue your former employer to come back and use the break room.

At least I hope that you wouldn't.....LOL

Nor would you sue your former employer to come back and use the break room.

At least I hope that you wouldn't.....LOL
Not sure that analogy of what’s going on works like you think it does, but you do you.

I enjoy watching live golf. Presidents cup,, PGAT.. LIV... Alot of you get on here trying to divide the golf community... I for one... will watch live golf... even if the hackers were playing... Pros play for $$$. and are living their dream. The people with big $$$ and power don't get along with others that have big $$$ threating their power and control of the 'game played' on the course and off.
If you like to try to cause division between your fellow golfers over this matter... You have become the problem...
Discussions are cool... But I see 'division' destroying the love and fellowship between our family, friends and neighbors now even reaching into our golf community (which is not cool in my book).

Not sure if this was posted already, but Fox news is looking at picking up the media rights for LIV golf. Very interesting.

Not sure if this was posted already, but Fox news is looking at picking up the media rights for LIV golf. Very interesting.

It has been mentioned but there are some interesting details in this article.

"Norman is close with the Australian tycoon Ruper Murdoch who owns Fox. Ditto legendary sports producer and fellow Aussie David Hill, who is consulting for LIV"

I wonder if FOX would want their own announcers or just hire the existing crew. Feherty is good but not as a lead, he is better as a color commentary, Su-Ann sounds like a fish out of water. Troy is good, the other 2 I can take or leave. I'm surprised they didn't get any big-name retired PGA personnel to broadcast, listening to Bubba break down shots and putts has been good. Time will tell. ;)

It's all under the same umbrella, but just a clarification that it's Fox Sports, not Fox News that is rumored to be involved in the broadcast rights conversation.

Phil, Gooch, Poulter, and Swafford all dropping out of the lawsuit against the PGA Tour.

"Nothing has changed," LIV Golf spokesman Jonathan Grella said in a statement Tuesday morning. "The merits of the case -- the PGA Tour's anti-competitive conduct -- still stand and will be fully tested in court. And we look forward to that. LIV stands with the players whom the PGA Tour has treated so poorly, but we also recognize that to be successful, we no longer need a wide array of players to be on the suit. We have our players' backs and will press our case against the PGA Tour's anti-competitive behavior."

I like they are leaning into the team format for the final weekend. Singles matches and alt-shot are fun.

I think this sounds awesome. I may look for flights to Miami to check it out.

Saw it was originally a 4 day event with 2 remaining teams going head to head on the final day. The change to 3 days with 4 remaining teams competing on Saturday suggests there may be a TV deal lined up according to some sources. More players to air during the final day.

Saw it was originally a 4 day event with 2 remaining teams going head to head on the final day. The change to 3 days with 4 remaining teams competing on Saturday suggests there may be a TV deal lined up according to some sources. More players to air during the final day.
I guess that's good long term, but the youtube was easy access for me and lack of commercials was really nice

Championship format is appealing.

Not sure that analogy of what’s going on works like you think it does, but you do you.

I wouldn’t say it’s that far off. Members even resigned from the pga. They knew they were burning the bridge. I mean logically why would anyone who is doing that going to think they are welcome to play? Garcia was even caught saying he couldn’t wait to leave. It’s not like the league was formed by former golfers who just wanted to grow the game. It’s was formed by a group trying to change their image and got someone who literally hates the pga to be their face and spokesperson. I mean sure you can’t say we don’t want to compete with the pga or hurt them but you can read between the lines on the actions. They immediately tried to target every big name on the pga and offer them a strict contract to represent LIV as a official employee. LIV immediately tried to stick it to the PGA and people had this attitude they should allow it. I’m sorry but if I have a brand and you actively tried to destroy it with your main guy being someone I know wants nothing more than to end my brand for a long time I’m treating that as a hostile act.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s that far off. Members even resigned from the pga. They knew they were burning the bridge. I mean logically why would anyone who is doing that going to think they are welcome to play? Garcia was even caught saying he couldn’t wait to leave. It’s not like the league was formed by former golfers who just wanted to grow the game. It’s was formed by a group trying to change their image and got someone who literally hates the pga to be their face and spokesperson. I mean sure you can’t say we don’t want to compete with the pga or hurt them but you can read between the lines on the actions. They immediately tried to target every big name on the pga and offer them a strict contract to represent LIV as a official employee. LIV immediately tried to stick it to the PGA and people had this attitude they should allow it. I’m sorry but if I have a brand and you actively tried to destroy it with your main guy being someone I know wants nothing more than to end my brand for a long time I’m treating that as a hostile act.
Where’s the break room then?

Interesting edit, but you are forgetting one crucial part. Originally that was not the intent or was said not to be the intent. They went to the PGA Tour FIRST to work together and were shunned, so at that point, you absolutely you have to go do your own thing.

If you try to buy a Burger King and they say we dont like how you spell Lux and don't return your calls, should you quit trying to open a burger place?

Back