The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Trying not to completely burn the bridge is my guess.
I was just reading that - I agree. Whether or not it works is yet to be seen. Is that bridge to far gone already for Phil? He still gets the victory if they win and maybe won't have as much "whatever" on his hands/conscience.

That suit will continue to go on with or without them and they could and likely still would be subpoenaed if it comes to that or at minimum give a voluntary deposition.

I guess that's good long term, but the youtube was easy access for me and lack of commercials was really nice
Just curious.....would you purchase a Fox sport plus app to watch LIV Golf? With a TV deal there's a slight chance that it will not be free.

I wouldn’t say it’s that far off. Members even resigned from the pga. They knew they were burning the bridge. I mean logically why would anyone who is doing that going to think they are welcome to play? Garcia was even caught saying he couldn’t wait to leave. It’s not like the league was formed by former golfers who just wanted to grow the game. It’s was formed by a group trying to change their image and got someone who literally hates the pga to be their face and spokesperson. I mean sure you can’t say we don’t want to compete with the pga or hurt them but you can read between the lines on the actions. They immediately tried to target every big name on the pga and offer them a strict contract to represent LIV as a official employee. LIV immediately tried to stick it to the PGA and people had this attitude they should allow it. I’m sorry but if I have a brand and you actively tried to destroy it with your main guy being someone I know wants nothing more than to end my brand for a long time I’m treating that as a hostile act.
The first thing that happened was some players applied for a weekly waiver. They were denied. Subsequent players then bypassed that step - knowing what the answer would be - and resigned. The resignations didn’t happen in a vacuum and likely wouldn’t have happened if exemptions were granted by the Tour

Just curious.....would you purchase a Fox sport plus app to watch LIV Golf? With a TV deal there's a slight chance that it will not be free.
That's a good question. Beyond the ESPN/Disney bundle mostly for my daughter I don't subscribe to any additional paid streaming content. So nothing against LIV but would likely not subscribe, just like I don't for other services.

That said, if it does really latch hold, and I know I'm signing up for say 8-12 weekends I may consider it.

That's a good question. Beyond the ESPN/Disney bundle mostly for my daughter I don't subscribe to any additional paid streaming content. So nothing against LIV but would likely not subscribe, just like I don't for other services.

That said, if it does really latch hold, and I know I'm signing up for say 8-12 weekends I may consider it.
This is exactly where I am. If work forces the issue of subscribing, I will, other than that, I can't imagine doing so.

This is exactly where I am. If work forces the issue of subscribing, I will, other than that, I can't imagine doing so.
there's just plenty of other content in the world to digest, especially if you think beyond video, that I really don't feel the need to subscribe to anything.

there's just plenty of other content in the world to digest, especially if you think beyond video, that I really don't feel the need to subscribe to anything.
Except HBO for Hard Knocks of course. Everybody needs that haha.
But I totally agree. Lots of golf to watch.

No way am I subscribing to another service for LIV. Then again, I’m not doing it for anything. I’m looking to decrease the services I already subscribe to

The reason I ask this question is that if pgatour golf is an example of golf streaming then the Youtube stream would cease to exist and there will be several streaming LIV apps for taking advantage of the golf consumer.

Examples: ESPN+, Golf Channel, NBC, CBS, PGA TOUR live, etc.. etc...

This is what LIV golf streamers have to look forward to. Gouging by the networks. IMO

No way am I subscribing to another service for LIV. Then again, I’m not doing it for anything. I’m looking to decrease the services I already subscribe to
Me too. Netflix is gone. Paramount is gone.
We still have HBO because of Hard KNocks, but that could be next.

Hulu gives us ESPN+ and Disney otherwise we might not have those either.

I think the only way I'd pay for app access to LIV coverage would be if they can somehow guarantee Bryson gets clotheslined by a rope every week.

The free and commercial free coverage is the most attractive thing about the product for me.

The reason I ask this question is that if pgatour golf is an example of golf streaming then the Youtube stream would cease to exist and there will be several streaming LIV apps for taking advantage of the golf consumer.

Examples: ESPN+, Golf Channel, NBC, CBS, PGA TOUR live, etc.. etc...

This is what LIV golf streamers have to look forward to. Gouging by the networks. IMO
If Fox Sports obtains sole rights, however, it wouldn't be all diced up like the pga tour looks like if I'm reading all those apps correctly

No More Aps! Go with an existing one if you want more subscribers

The format for the championship is lame in my opinion. Would love to see just like college, 4 singles matches. The combo of alt shot and singles is not going to be seamless IMO.

In their defense they change things on the fly so maybe once they realize there are better ways to do it, next year the format will be different.

If Fox Sports obtains sole rights, however, it wouldn't be all diced up like the pga tour looks like if I'm reading all those apps correctly
Maybe you're right but you better have access to all the Fox channels. Basic at the very least.

The first thing that happened was some players applied for a weekly waiver. They were denied. Subsequent players then bypassed that step - knowing what the answer would be - and resigned. The resignations didn’t happen in a vacuum and likely wouldn’t have happened if exemptions were granted by the Tour

Yeah, there was a lot things and series of events that triggered players to leave and wasn't just one thing that set it off. Also, it wasn't just a few players that requested releases to play the first LIV London. It was 80 PGA players. That is a big chunk of the PGA pros wanting to play the first LIV London event.

I haven't watched it and it's free. No chance I'm watching if I have to pay for it.

Again common sense- Do you really think a tour that is led by a person who shows active hostility toward is gonna fly with that? Also you really think LIV came up with all those strict contract stipulations as result of the tour’s response? Bud they planned those contracts restrictions long in advance. Anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is kidding themselves. LIV and the defectors knew exactly what they were doing and just tried to play the victim card.

Again common sense- Do you really think a tour that is led by a person who shows active hostility toward is gonna fly with that? Also you really think LIV came up with all those strict contract stipulations as result of the tour’s response? Bud they planned those contracts restrictions long in advance. Anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is kidding themselves. LIV and the defectors knew exactly what they were doing and just tried to play the victim card.

There are so many reasons to dislike a lot of what has happened, pure speculation when facts exist seem so unnecessary.

This should be entertaining.

The PGA Tour is missing out on the gold mine sitting right in front of them. Aside from the four majors and the Ryder Cup next year, 4 events of PGA Tour pros vs LIV pros would be must watch TV. Some genius can figure out the format, but they need to make this happen now! All of the haters who say they would never watch LIV would tune in to see JT, Speith, Scheffler and others take on the evil ones. Maybe one day...

Championship format sounds fun. Kinda wild. I think I dig it.

Championship format sounds fun. Kinda wild. I think I dig it.
My thoughts exactly. Something different is always fun. Really enjoy the idea of the higher ranked teams picking their opponents during match play.

My thoughts exactly. Something different is always fun. Really enjoy the idea of the higher ranked teams picking their opponents during match play.
Yeah there's a lot going on. A lot of decision making and strategy. Some of it surely won't go as planned. lol

Back