The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Claim?
I mean by that thought, the PGA Tour claimed that
Nope, in my experience I've only heard LIVers hang their hat on that one. LIV paid handsomely for those internet influencers. more name recognition than anything else, which they had to do as a startup. IMO
I get the reasoning. Especially broadcasting on Youtube.

Must be something to it if the pgatour kept the program and upped the ante to $100M.

That would make it more challenging to mash the ignore button though.
participation in experiences and experience live threads has not stopped me from using the ignore function on some folks lol

That would have taken more time than Greg Norman would like...he wants Liv Golf NOW !! Perhaps that's why? You'd think he'd have shored up all loose ends before getting commitments from everyone, but I doubt he cares how he screwed them up, imo. Just as long as he got this off the ground.
I truly think that GN and those LIVer boys do not care as much about OWGR points as they lead on. the publicity is great and they're well compensated if the never play a major tournament again. IMO

Drip, Drip to stay in the news cycle.

They don't have to start a new system, they can simply comply with the system that all the other 15 or so golf tours is accommodating...what's so hard about that? Save for Greg Norman wanting everyone to bow down to him?
With maybe the exception to the DP Tour, those other golf tours don't have players recognized as being in the top 100, top 50, top 10 best golfers playing the game today.

Show me the data. I’m a golf equipment reviewer, I love data.

Top chart sorted by far right column (bottom 25% of field). Number compares to the average PGAT field. LIV events mixed in with events that compare. Bottom chart sorted by the top 25% column. Again, LIV events mixed in with events that compare. Source https://datagolf.com/field-strength-table

Capture 3.PNG
Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Hmmmm.......Watch Dj, Keopka and Cam Smith every week or watch the top 20 in the world and a host of young talent. Decisions , decisions.

I know which one the television networks chose.

One get paid to be seen and the other will have to pay for coverage.

Hmmmm.......Watch Dj, Keopka and Cam Smith every week or watch the top 20 in the world and a host of young talent. Decisions , decisions.

Can't wait to watch this tournament that has all of the top 20 playing. Which network chose that?

With regard to working out OWGR points ahead of time, until Monahan refused to take GN's call, the thought process was that these 8 super rich events would be part of the PGA Tour Schedule, replacing lesser events.

With maybe the exception to the DP Tour, those other golf tours don't have players recognized as being in the top 100, top 50, top 10 best golfers playing the game today.
I know, I never said they did. I was just referring that those other tours are also accomodating or complying to the OWGR requirements. Why should LIV be any different? Those requisite conditions existed before LIV even came into being. What was Norman thinking when they crafted LIV, that they could just bulldoze over the existing framework?

Can't wait to watch this tournament that has all of the top 20 playing. Which network chose that?
CBS and NBC, with their coverages of the majors and The Players, are the best I can think of.

With regard to working out OWGR points ahead of time, until Monahan refused to take GN's call, the thought process was that these 8 super rich events would be part of the PGA Tour Schedule, replacing lesser events.
Are you making that up or is that true? That Norman was expecting his 8 LIV events would replace/supplant PGA Tour events (do you mean those 8 tournament players would be all 48 LIVers?, as they currently play just juxtaposed into the PGAT slots but without PGAT players?). Wow, that's rich for even Norman to have proposed. I'm sorry, I am glad it's gone the way it has... I would not want to see PGA Tour reward Norman (and Mickelson) by providing PGA Tour TV network affiliation coverage and legitimize LIV for sponsorship by having gone that way. I think GN was trying to get access to the infrastructure that the PGAT had built. Sorry Charlie...or rather, Greg.

Last edited:
Interesting stall by the OGWR. How long does it normally take them to do a "customary necessary review" of changes? Because it sounds like something a PAC intern wrote for someone. :LOL:

CBS and NBC, with their coverages of the majors and The Players, are the best I can think of.
You can view that 2 ways:

1. LIV golfers play, and you get all of the top 20.
2. LIV golfers don't play and his claim is invalidated.

Also, I would like to see the statements saying that when CBS, NBC, et al, signed their TV contracts to broadcast majors, or other events, they specifically said "we choose this over LIV"

This thread is something else. Good lord.

You can view that 2 ways:

1. LIV golfers play, and you get all of the top 20.
2. LIV golfers don't play and his claim is invalidated.

Also, I would like to see the statements saying that when CBS, NBC, et al, signed their TV contracts to broadcast majors, or other events, they specifically said "we choose this over LIV"
LOL!....Your love For LIV Golf truly knows no bounds.

Gotta give it to you, you’re really trying your best to keep beating that horse.

Back