News: Ben Hogan Golf Closing Doors

Thanks all.

Out, with a whimper.
It's so sad to see. I'm sitting in my home office looking at my backup set of the original PTx and it bums me out that not only have they gone out of business twice in a decade, but that they went out the way they did this time.

I haven't been on the site for awhile so I'm in the dark on what happened with The Ben Hogan Company after they closed. Also, I don't know what WGP is. Can someone explain? I've been playing Hogan clubs for years (when I can get them). I love my Edge EX irons I bought in 2021. I was hoping someone would pick up the brand. If they have taken advantage of some customers the brand's image may be tarnished beyond repair.

Bummer. Love my Eidolon and Scor wedges and had high hopes for the company.

Then they made this clown their spokesperson:

1667232561946.png

I haven't been on the site for awhile so I'm in the dark on what happened with The Ben Hogan Company after they closed. Also, I don't know what WGP is. Can someone explain? I've been playing Hogan clubs for years (when I can get them). I love my Edge EX irons I bought in 2021. I was hoping someone would pick up the brand. If they have taken advantage of some customers the brand's image may be tarnished beyond repair.
WGP = Worst Golf Podcast- can be found here: The Worst Golf Podcast: Episode 13 Live - The Hackers Paradise

Bummer. Love my Eidolon and Scor wedges and had high hopes for the company.

Then they made this clown their spokesperson:

View attachment 9132273

Still awkward as he just keeps putting content out like everything is normal lol. His swing looks nothing like hogans. They required 15 high content posts a Month atleast for work with them which didn’t add up if you see the IG for him.

Looks like Hogan is back from the dead

Looks like Hogan is back from the dead
Not really haha.
Same company that owns 8 other brands like Zebra, Macgregor, etc is licensing the name.

Sadly it is not going to be a creation company producing premium equipment.

Not really haha.
Same company that owns 8 other brands like Zebra, Macgregor, etc is licensing the name.

This makes sense... doubt I will have any interest in that one.

They were making some solid gear at the end.

I’ve been saddened by the demise of Hogan golf numerous times. I’m not going to welcome the brand back, especially how things ended last time, with BHG basically stealing people’s money. They can stamp Hogan on a catalog blank iron if they want too, but it would be worth about as much if they stamped the logo on a pile of horsesh*t! Sorry…not sorry.

Not really haha.

Is it going to be cheap stamped catalog blanks like most of the other DTCs?

Is it going to be cheap stamped catalog blanks like most of the other DTCs?
I wont comment without seeing them first, but I have my feelings on the other stuff they have released so far.

Is it actually that beneficial to buy the name and then send out mediocre stuff?

You could just send out bland product and savr the money from buying the name.

Is it actually that beneficial to buy the name and then send out mediocre stuff?

You could just send out bland product and savr the money from buying the name.

Just licensing the name.
Like his other brands they believe the name brings people in.

I find no joy in this news. When I saw it I was like "....oh. We'll have Ben Hogan branded generic clubs at DSG".

So DSG has bought the Ben Hogan name? I know they have the Walter Hagen brand for apparel and Tommy Armour clubs. As I've said many times I am a fan of Hogan clubs. If the plan is to put Hogan's name on an inferior product, that is very disappointing.

Back