News: Ben Hogan Golf Closing Doors

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Ben Hogan Golf equipment brand has had as many twists and turns over the last near decade. The building blocks of the new company started back in 2013 and they was shipping and selling product right before 2015. In the middle of 2016, much of that changed, and through more twists and turns, a new management team was brought in to run the show.

There are a lot of pieces to that story that for now, can be left unsaid, but since that time, the Ben Hogan brand in hard goods has been running in Ft. Worth. The company seemed to be doing rather well over the last couple of years with solid messaging, a tremendously underrated product and things were looking up, including the ability to be fit for the products at Club Champion, a premier nationwide club fitter.

Over the last few months, we have been receiving a lot of information and unfortunately, earlier this week the majority of the employees were let go. We can also confirm that the office is closed as of today.

With all of this said, we don’t want to say that there will not be more Ben Hogan equipment in the future. What we can verify is the company, as it stands currently, is closed.

Stay tuned to THP for more on this story as it continues to develop.

Untitled-11-1-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Oh wow. This seems like it came out of left field. Weren't there troubles with the company a few years ago too?

Deja vu all over again.

The Ben Hogan Golf equipment brand has had as many twists and turns over the last near decade. The building blocks of the new company started back in 2013 and they was shipping and selling product right before 2015. In the middle of 2016, much of that changed, and through more twists and turns, a new management team was brought in to run the show.

There are a lot of pieces to that story that for now, can be left unsaid, but since that time, the Ben Hogan brand in hard goods has been running in Ft. Worth. The company seemed to be doing rather well over the last couple of years with solid messaging, a tremendously underrated product and things were looking up, including the ability to be fit for the products at Club Champion, a premier nationwide club fitter.

Over the last few months, we have been receiving a lot of information and unfortunately, earlier this week the majority of the employees were let go. We can also confirm that the office is closed as of today.

With all of this said, we don’t want to say that there will not be more Ben Hogan equipment in the future. What we can verify is the company, as it stands currently, is closed.

Stay tuned to THP for more on this story as it continues to develop.

Untitled-11-1-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...
Wow! This is very sad to hear. They do make a quality product that performs just as good as anything on the market today.
Hope this isn’t a permanent thing.

• Admin
Oh wow. This seems like it came out of left field. Weren't there troubles with the company a few years ago too?

Deja vu all over again.
There were, but things seemed to be moving in the right direction a couple of years ago.

Wow… is very unexpected news to me. I hope all those employees effected bounce back quickly and are able to find new jobs. 😞

With the giant golf boom over the past few years it’s hard to imagine a company like them having to close their doors.

…and for awhile there I thought Ben Hogan would gain some traction and be a staple in the market. Hope those displaced by the closure find new employment quickly.

Feel bad for them as their product is outstanding. Some great people too!

Hope they are able to reorganize somehow and continue once they figure things out.

Oh wow. I thought they were moving along ok, but it's so hard to sell golf equipment. Definitely a business with high barriers to entry.

Big surprise to me. Guess with the layoffs we could have seen this coming. Tough market. Hopefully everyone bounces back and lands on their feet somewhere.

Oh man that legitimately bums me out.

Sad news. Knew they'd never be a huge player in the market, but I thought they would at least do enough to stay afloat. They made some quality equipment with enough of a tech story to at least make it interesting. I hope the workers can find employment somewhere else. They're the real losers in all of this.

While I have not played any of their gear it still saddens me to see anyone go out of business. Heard some good things about them, I wish the staff well moving onto their next adventure and place of employment.

Sad to hear.

That’s a bummer. I know a lot of folks here on THP were really pleased with their products.

With the golf boom I thought they were all riding the wave - bummed to hear this.

I did notice last weekend that Wal-Mart is carrying the apparel name at least. I know that is just a drop in the bucket but it still keeps the name out there at least.

Wow that’s absolutely wild. Didn’t expect that

I did notice last weekend that Wal-Mart is carrying the apparel name at least. I know that is just a drop in the bucket but it still keeps the name out there at least.
Correct. The apparel brand is not going away and will continue to be found there.

Website this morning ☹️5167C037-45E2-419D-9BBC-6DCD38785946.jpeg

Hate to hear this.

Man, that really sucks to hear. I've been a big fan of them since they came back and it seemed like they had been doing well the past few years. I suppose increasing cost of materials and component availability probably caused some big challenges for a company that was trying to keep pricing down. That's just a guess of course.

Back