Off Course: Introducing Amplified Golf

I’m not much of a music aficionado, but this is a really cool backstory.

fun listen. Golf is a great melting pot and equalizer.

There is such an interesting dichotomy between golf equipment enthusiasts and gear heads. Companies are really lucky, because both tend to have a lot of disposable income. A guitar marketplace I belong to shows people dropping $3-5k on guitars like it’s nothing. However, the industries are almost opposite in how they produce goods.

Golfers almost universally expect advances in technology every year, while guitar players overwhelmingly want their products to be as close to what was being produced in the 1950’s and 1960’s as possible. It’s almost to the point that large music brands can lose multiple years of consumer loyalty just by adding an unwanted modern element to their product line.

As for the crossover market, I don’t think it’s going to be huge, but I bet it’s bigger and spans more age groups than most people think.

As for the crossover market, I don’t think it’s going to be huge, but I bet it’s bigger and spans more age groups than most people think.
While i’m Nashville the amount of music crossover into golf was staggering, so I definitely agree that it is bigger than some think.

While i’m Nashville the amount of music crossover into golf was staggering, so I definitely agree that it is bigger than some think.

I think if you looked at Fender’s sales demographics, I bet it would look very similar to any major golf company’s in terms of age and income bracket.

Interestingly as well, the pandemic also blew up the music equipment industry. It was another thing people could do and spend money on.

I would like to know if he likes to play vintage guitars rather than new guitars.

That was a fun lesson on the drive into work today. It’s really interesting to hear how big golf is in the metal world. Putting greens and hitting nets all over backstage at a festival! Who knew?

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I had such a great time talking music and golf with Dan. I’m so excited to get to know everyone. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Welcome! Love what you’re doing here and wish you luck with the venture.

When do you anticipate some of limited release colors coming out?

Welcome! Love what you’re doing here and wish you luck with the venture.

When do you anticipate some of limited release colors coming out?

We are hoping early next year. I’m interested in what Fender colors everyone thinks would be cool. We are thinking SeaFoam Green, Lake Placid Blue, Crimson Red maybe even two tone sunburst. I’d love feedback.

We are hoping early next year. I’m interested in what Fender colors everyone thinks would be cool. We are thinking SeaFoam Green, Lake Placid Blue, Crimson Red maybe even two tone sunburst. I’d love feedback.

I think people will love Seafoam. Personally, I’d love Candy Apple Red and/or Lake Placid Blue.

Seafoam green

This has been a great episode so far! hearing about companies and people that I know nothing about is why I love this podcast!

Another great listen. This one flew by. Golf is really just one big melting pot. Interesting to hear the balance of two extremes. That got me thinking a little this morning before work.

Wasn’t seafoam or seafoam green supposed to be the color of 2023 or 2024? I think it was mentioned on one of the golf bag topic podcasts.

@KeepGolfSquiggy
Awesome stuff man! Stories and stories for days. Love it! Looking forward to getting my hands on a few of these. And you had me at Lake Placid Blue Limited Release as well. My favorite Fender color by far!

E582A955-B113-4AC7-AF16-2F9069F5F25A.png

I would like to know if he likes to play vintage guitars rather than new guitars.

I’m somebody who likes technology when it makes sense. I love seeing new guitars and especially the boundaries that are being pushed with new finishes. Companies like Fender are doing amazing new reissue guitars that are relic’d and made to spec. With that being said, there is nothing like seeing a guitar that was once white but now yellow from decades of dive bars, cigarette smoke, highway miles and a few pawn shops.

Cool concept and the headcovers are pretty sick. Not a huge guitar guy but appreciate the designs

Yep! Guys like Colt Ford, Darius, Brantley Gilbert, JellyRoll, Jake Owen, Eric Church& Thomas’s Rhett do a pretty good job at Keeping Golf Country.

Man, that was a great listen. You could just hear the passino between @KeepGolfSquiggy and @Canadan about this crazy game we all love.

And another vote for someone who would get into those shirts!

Back