Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Saving the best for last!

Got to put my new Cobra King Tour Copper MIM irons in play today for the first time.

As part of the Morgan Cup Paradise Team I ordered a 5-GW set of the King Tour Copper MIM irons with the stock KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts and Lamkin Sonar Wrap Midsize grips.

Coming from very traditionally lofted minimalist Japan Forged blades I was more than a bit apprehensive about how these new clubs would compare to what I’ve been playing.

I should not have been apprehensive.

These clubs look and feel great!

The blade length gets progressively a bit longer as you go from the scoring irons up to the long irons which is the opposite of what I’ve been playing. The top line isn’t thin but it’s thinnish. The transition of the top line from the hosel is very nice as is the transition from the hosel to the leading edge. I especially like the shape of the 8, 9 & PW.

The sole is slightly wider than what I’ve been playing but the clubs still get in and out of the turf nicely due to the design of the slight camber on the sole.

For whatever reason when I was warming up today my first few shots were coming out of the toe. I found that I had to address the ball slightly heel side to hit them out of the middle. After I figured that out I was off to the races.

Had a great day of hitting greens in regulation despite the small, firm and elevated greens. My yardages with the new clubs were spot on with a nice trajectory, good descent angle, excellent stopping power and spin.

Did I mention that they look and feel great too!

My expectations were greatly exceeded by these irons!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

AEA2998D-4606-45E1-BE01-6BC855081264.jpeg
670E19D9-DDFD-4AEA-893B-16C0486CEDD0.jpeg
4D33C15D-4528-432E-9D39-5DAF280533AA.jpeg

Saving the best for last!

Got to put my new Cobra King Tour Copper MIM irons in play today for the first time.

As part of the Morgan Cup Paradise Team I ordered a 5-GW set of the King Tour Copper MIM irons with the stock KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts and Lamkin Sonar Wrap Midsize grips.

Coming from very traditionally lofted minimalist Japan Forged blades I was more than a bit apprehensive about how these new clubs would compare to what I’ve been playing.

I should not have been apprehensive.

These clubs look and feel great!

The blade length gets progressively a bit longer as you go from the scoring irons up to the long irons which is the opposite of what I’ve been playing. The top line isn’t thin but it’s thinnish. The transition of the top line from the hosel is very nice as is the transition from the hosel to the leading edge. I especially like the shape of the 8, 9 & PW.

The sole is slightly wider than what I’ve been playing but the clubs still get in and out of the turf nicely due to the design of the slight camber on the sole.

For whatever reason when I was warming up today my first few shots were coming out of the toe. I found that I had to address the ball slightly heel side to hit them out of the middle. After I figured that out I was off to the races.

Had a great day of hitting greens in regulation despite the small, firm and elevated greens. My yardages with the new clubs were spot on with a nice trajectory, good descent angle, excellent stopping power and spin.

Did I mention that they look and feel great too!

My expectations were greatly exceeded by these irons!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

View attachment 9104938
View attachment 9104939
View attachment 9104940

they are definitely a highly underrated iron! They look and feel great and incredibly consistent. Enjoy them!

Just wanted to pop in here and say that I snagged a used set of these to try after hitting the 7i at a fitting center. To my eye the top line is near perfect and the sound and feel are a significant improvement over my P770’s. They are also super consistent. Haven’t had any unexpected fliers. Just a joy to use. And they look so great down next to the ball. Ended up shooting my career best in my Tuesday night league with these sticks (net 28). For anyone looking, golfdiscount looks to have them on close out. Very tempted to grab another set in Copper for 800.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that I snagged a used set of these to try after hitting the 7i at a fitting center. To my eye the top line is near perfect and the sound and feel are a significant improvement over my P770’s. They are also super consistent. Haven’t had any unexpected fliers. Just a joy to use. And they look so great down next to the ball. Ended up shooting my career best in my Tuesday night league with these sticks (net 28). For anyone looking, golfdiscount looks to have them on close out. Very tempted to grab another set in Copper for 800.

I agree with your assessment.

The Copper finish is very nice. Really enjoying my new set!

Attachments

• A76FFB18-40AE-4056-A954-F213ED1A62F0.jpeg
    A76FFB18-40AE-4056-A954-F213ED1A62F0.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 5063BD7B-F4B7-4876-8C30-7CAB1CC9E3AA.jpeg
    5063BD7B-F4B7-4876-8C30-7CAB1CC9E3AA.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 4
I might grab a second set in copper...can't have too many of these irons :LOL:

Been rocking the t100S for a bit now. They are getting grips and the ferrules reset so I took the MIMs out today. I still adore these irons. They do everything so well. I think I’m going to finish the season out with them.

A very nice set of these for a great price on eBay. I love my PW and I am very tempted...🤔

These seem to be a very underrated option from the last 2 years.

A very nice set of these for a great price on eBay. I love my PW and I am very tempted...🤔

very underrated!

Mine are still in the bag and will have to be beaten out. Looking at irons is far more of “want” than need. I will hit its replacement.

You should do it. They are excellent and have a lot more forgiveness for the iron than you would think.

You should do it. They are excellent and have a lot more forgiveness for the iron than you would think.
I want to go with a smaller profile and more traditional lofts and these seem to be the most forgiving option out there and also every review and this thread says feels great, consistent distance, nice spin to hold greens. I am already playing the PW as a GW with Recoil 95’s and it’s my favorite club. I think with the set I would blend upward from there with my LTDx till they got too rich for my blood and go with that setup.

I want to go with a smaller profile and more traditional lofts and these seem to be the most forgiving option out there and also every review and this thread says feels great, consistent distance, nice spin to hold greens. I am already playing the PW as a GW with Recoil 95’s and it’s my favorite club. I think with the set I would blend upward from there with my LTDx till they got too rich for my blood and go with that setup.
Sounds like a good plan!

Alright did it. Got the seller down to $350 for 5-GW with Recoil 95 F4. I think that’s a bargain and they look great still. I know these wear very slowly as the PW I have been playing for over a year still looks brand new.

Alright did it. Got the seller down to $350 for 5-GW with Recoil 95 F4. I think that’s a bargain and they look great still. I know these wear very slowly as the PW I have been playing for over a year still looks brand new.
Thats a good buy. They are worth more than that on trade at DSG right now. The local guy is trying to pry mine away so he can get them on the cheap. I "want" new, but not sure I'll find "better."

I am building up a set of these. Can't wait to get them finished and head out to give them a try in a few weeks.

F05F7EC1-40D2-42EE-96CB-5A493FE2CCB1.jpeg

That’s a steal!

Sounds like a hell of a deal. For that price I’d own a set just because.

Sounds like a hell of a deal. For that price I’d own a set just because.
Yeah, hard to pass. The seller had them at $600 and kept dropping. I finally made a $350 offer they took. I love Cobra so getting these in is going to be fun.

Got these in yesterday and opened them this morning. Glad I decided on these over T100S. First the reviews on consistency of spin and playability between the 2 seemed to be really even all over the internet. The 2 things that swayed me were price (getting a 5-G set for $350 is stupid) and durability as everyone has raved about the durability of these MIM's. The eBay seller of these seemed to be more of a yard/estate sale reseller than a golf reseller as they had all kinds of other stuff for sale so it's hard to know how many rounds these were played, but they look phenomenal. You can tell they were played some on the face, but that's about it.

Got these in yesterday and opened them this morning. Glad I decided on these over T100S. First the reviews on consistency of spin and playability between the 2 seemed to be really even all over the internet. The 2 things that swayed me were price (getting a 5-G set for $350 is stupid) and durability as everyone has raved about the durability of these MIM's. The eBay seller of these seemed to be more of a yard/estate sale reseller than a golf reseller as they had all kinds of other stuff for sale so it's hard to know how many rounds these were played, but they look phenomenal. You can tell they were played some on the face, but that's about it.
I have hundreds of swings on almost all of the irons, and mine still look fairly new. As long as you keep the faces generally clean they will look phenomenal for a while.

First 9 out this AM. +7 with 2 birdies and 2 triples😂

Dropped 3 dimes and loved the ballflight with these. 2 triples were bad tee shots with OB penalties.

First 9 out this AM. +7 with 2 birdies and 2 triples😂

Dropped 3 dimes and loved the ballflight with these. 2 triples were bad tee shots with OB penalties.
That sounds like my rounds 😁. A couple great holes, a couple complete disasters, then the rest ho-hum

Another 9 today. +7 on the 9. Had 6 approach with these and got 5 on the green.

The premier shot being this one from 145

54D4E16D-BA66-40DB-8C88-8A75447130BE.jpeg

Difference so far between LTDx and MIM Tour isvery similar launch at the same loft. These get to the apex and kind of hang up and drop while the LTDx get to their apex and flatten out to keep going a bit. I like the hang up and drop better. Also only a couple days but these seem to stay on target. Same number in the bottom of the club I’m giving up 10-15 yards average distance. Same loft I’m probably giving up only 2-5 yards average distance.

Back