Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

They are really good. Have a great feel. May not be the softest irons out there but also have more forgiveness than you would expect.
I’m thinking these are going to get another full summer unless I go hollow, Srixon, or Titleist release

Settling in with these but I really like what I'm getting so far. One change I have made is bringing back my LTDx 7 iron and dropping the MIM 6 iron. MIM 6 iron was not getting me much more distance than MIM 7 iron (maybe 5 yards extra) and that created a gap to my 5H. I am seeing MIM 7 iron around 140 yards and MIM 6 iron at 145. The LTDx 7 iron is comes in at 150. For reference I see 160 from the 5H. I love the coverage sub 140 with the MIM Tours as they gap much better than the LTDx there with 8 at 130, 9 iron at 120, and PW at 110. Already been using the PW for partial shots below 100 so I'm very comfortable with that. For that reason I am dropping the MIM GW as I'm just never pulling it out of the bag. So down to 12 clubs now.

In the simulator with these this morning and they are as consistent and smooth as I could ask for. I’m still going to try the new Srixon and Cobra releases but can’t see a reason to run out and buy anything I’ve tried. Ping i230 was better for lower spin but that’s it.

These are officially a model year old. The new Cobra lineup is really damn good. They feel great and surprisingly easy to hit. The CB is awesome and the King Tour as well. Would combo nicely if someone desired.

The MIM are still great irons. They really really good and offer some forgiveness. They look great. I've placed them back in the bag for at least a few rounds. Maybe longer. Pondering another iron order. I

These may be hard to find new, but the finish holds up great and is very durable. Would make a great set for someone looking for a players iron on the used market.

Since building my MiM Tours at the beginning of the year, I've only been able to get 6 rounds in, but I am really liking them. They have a great feel and have some forgivability to them as well.

They are each about 10 yards longer than my Speedzones and I never thought I would say this, but the 5 iron is my favorite of the whole set. It's become my fairway and green finder.

On tricky holes when I am needing to tee off with it, its found the middle of the fairway. Approach shots with it have also been on point, couple shots from about 180 yards out are finding greens.

Still very good irons. I play mine about 50% of the time. I get way to much spin but love the feel.

Back