His would be one of the 1100 previous Versas in play on Tour that I mentioned in the article.

Better finish this time (by a million percent), better weighting, the greatest insert ever made (literally), and one hell of a price point is pretty solid.
My point was Rickie has a different insert in his than what this release offers.

I do agree its pricing a product to sell for those who like these, but they are a pass from me.

the shapes or the insert making it a hard pass?
Insert for me. I like the shapes (would really like it if the 3T had a different neck), but the WH insert is not for me. I know I'm in the minority there.

Insert for me. I like the shapes (would really like it if the 3T had a different neck), but the WH insert is not for me. I know I'm in the minority there.
You may have company in that thought ;)

My Triple Wide isn't going anywhere (with a Ten as backup), but those are some nice looking putters. The Three T is a great shape, as is the Seven. Easy to see how the contrasting black and white could help with alignment, and the OG White Hot insert is a great addition to the line.

I've always seemed to get more out of perpendicular lines (to the target) than parallel lines, so might have to check this out. I like their star insert a little better than white hot but I've gamed white hot too.

In person this line up is either something people will love or they'll gravitate toward something else because of the sight lines.

I ended up being fit into a milled Toulon and never looked back at ECPC. Other than getting to see them, I don't think I physically hit one in the putting lab. 🤷🏼‍♂️

In person this line up is either something people will love or they'll gravitate toward something else because of the sight lines.

I ended up being fit into a milled Toulon and never looked back at ECPC. Other than getting to see them, I don't think I physically hit one in the putting lab. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

As someone who's left eye dominant and putts right handed, the Versa alignment is awesome.

I also love triple track on the putter, so there's that......

My point was Rickie has a different insert in his than what this release offers.

I do agree its pricing a product to sell for those who like these, but they are a pass from me.
Which was in line with my point that this is one of the 1100 “original” versions still in play, which use different inserts (though some “tour” versions do/did have WH installed on the Tour Truck).

Options are good, and Odyssey definitely gets that. It’s part of why they’re #1 by a landslide

I'll be interested to compare my 3T to the #11 TT I've been rolling in my office.

Double bend on the 11, slant on the 3T

samesies. Just wasn't the right fit for me. Once we got in the putter lab, all the insert (especially white hot) went by the wayside.
There will be a ton of people who love this lineup for sure!

samesies. Just wasn't the right fit for me. Once we got in the putter lab, all the insert (especially white hot) went by the wayside.
Yeah, I've been playing a milled blade, but, like the HZRDUS Silver shafts, really wanted to try new, stock offering if possible. I love the 3T at The Hideaway, but ended up getting a DB TT 11 after I got home based on how well that felt in the putting studio.

The insert is really growing on me.

Looking at the shapes I the Doublewide is probably best for me right now, but I think the Three T is my favorite to look at.

Also I really like the animations on this page: https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/versa/

Which was in line with my point that this is one of the 1100 “original” versions still in play, which use different inserts (though some “tour” versions do/did have WH installed on the Tour Truck).
I understood your point. I guess mine was muddled. When I learned Versa was coming back I had hoped it would be the version Rickie was playing bc that insert is the one I liked the best.

Options are good, and Odyssey definitely gets that. It’s part of why they’re #1 by a landslide

totally agree! They never seem to skimp on options.

heck even when I asked @Luke WilliamsCG directly about bringing back a #9 head shape for @BombsDartsBirds....he said: "it's something we've looked at doing, but there needs to be a market for it it. Most people don't realize that when we create a putter and it just sells for 2-3 days of a release.....after that it just stops selling and inventory sits."

that comment alone let's ya know, they are really walking a fine line between what sells and providing too many options that don't sell. The fact they provide so many anyways is to their credit!

Last edited:
Throw a micro hinge in there and you have my attention!

heck even when I asked @Luke WilliamsCG directly about bringing back a #6 head shape for @BombsDartsBirds....he said: "it's something we've looked at doing, but there needs to be a market for it it. Most people don't realize that when we create a putter and it just sells for 2-3 days of a release.....after that it just stops selling and inventory sits."

that comment alone let's ya know, they are really walking a fine line between what sells and providing too many options that don't sell. The fact they provide so many anyways is to their credit!
#9 head

heck even when I asked @Luke WilliamsCG directly about bringing back a #6 head shape for @BombsDartsBirds....he said: "it's something we've looked at doing, but there needs to be a market for it it. Most people don't realize that when we create a putter and it just sells for 2-3 days of a release.....after that it just stops selling and inventory sits."

Yep, SKU management is a big part of particularly this Versa release, and the Ody crew is doing a great job of staying on top of that present day

I think the new Twelve with the different neck options could be a good new shape. Another great option in the toolbox of alignment aids that Odyssey offers.

Same story here! I love the lineup, but at my recent putter fitting we determined the white hot insert isn’t for me.

I get the story and the reasoning but I just can't get past the looks.

Back