What's one opinion on golf you will never change your mind upon?

That hitting into/ near people because you are impatient is wrong.

How one treats the course says a lot about that person.

Nothing really. I think everything evolves including and especially my opinions on things

You can never have enough putters.

It's hard to be a low handicapper. Not enough time, $ or talent. Waiting for my next lifetime now. I used this one up.

Yes! However, I have time and money and I'm not giving up just yet

The average pace of play is way too slow

You meet some great people on the golf course and some strange ones too.

Cart path only after storms should be re-assessed by the hour.

No pops on par 3s under 175 yards to any player under an 18 handicap.

none of us is good enough to get mad

I'll always think a 26/27° 7 iron is a 5 iron with a short shaft!

This new club will definitely make me a better golfer.

Punched Greens should be Half Price Golf ALWAYS

Golfers should choose the ball that they enjoy playing with and score well with, and not base their decision solely on costs, cover type, or what some guy in his basement with an Excel sheet says they should choose.

The hole /cup should at least be twice as big.
If the hole is made twice as big, there will be an epidemic of golfers with twisted, sprained, or broken ankles. Like wrist, elbow, and shoulder ailments weren't enough. 😜

For my 40+ years journey of golf, the golfer will always save more strokes off the tee, and from the fairway, than they will with their short game.

My other one I won't budge on is that the quickest way to shooting in the 80s is to learn the game from the green to the tee box. I've seen this swing instruction method work too many times to think otherwise.

Golfers should choose the ball that they enjoy playing with and score well with, and not base their decision solely on costs, cover type, or what some guy in his basement with an Excel sheet says they should choose.
But all my spreadsheet maintenance would be for nothing!!! NOTHING!!!

I agree with that completely and will throw in the rest of the bag as well.

Back