White Nike Method Putter Grip

Jzier139

Reaction score
Handicap
8.0 GHIN
Anyone take notice of the grip Lucas Glover had on his Nike Method 003 for the cover of the Aug 2011 issue of Golf Magazine?
It's white with a red end cap and METHOD and the swoosh in black.

I checked Nikegolf.com and that grip isn't listed under custom options. I sent their customer service an email inquiring about availability. As soon as they email me back I will copy/paste their response here.

glover.jpg

Ohh I like that putter!

Tap tap taparoo

Nice, it would be cool if they would sell you one

Off topic and don't mean to thread jack, but anyone know anything about the G20 on there? I've been looking at getting the I-15, then I saw they came out with the K-15 and now I'm seeing this G-20. What gives? What's the difference in the 3?

Off topic and don't mean to thread jack, but anyone know anything about the G20 on there? I've been looking at getting the I-15, then I saw they came out with the K-15 and now I'm seeing this G-20. What gives? What's the difference in the 3?

No clue but man... that white Nike Method grip is NICE! :laughing:

I was wondering the same thing earlier, it looks great. I hope you get a good answer.

i love the whole setup but is the grip white or could be sore of transparent

That was my first thought when I pulled this magazine out of the mailbox. I have a method core and would love to fit it with the white grip!

It's a Golf Pride Player's Wrap grip with Nike customization. The standard Player's Wrap just came out in June, so if you want one, go snag it.

I replaced my red method grip (GP Tour Tradition) with the same grip in black. I found the red to be too distracting.

I noticed him using it a few weekends ago. Chances are its a pro option....basically meaning, good luck finding one.

WELL, THIS SUCKS:

Response Via Email(Miguel) - 07/11/2011 08:06 AM
Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write Nike. It's great to hear you are interested in the white putter grip Lucas Glover is using.

Unfortunately, the grip you are asking about is for Tour players only. At this time, there is not releases date for when it will be available to the public.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to my email. Thanks again for contacting us and have a great week.

Sincerely,
Miguel
Nike

Moved to Flatstick section.

It is very common to see Tour only grips for many things. The Ghost line comes to mind from TM immediately.

Moved to Flatstick section.

It is very common to see Tour only grips for many things. The Ghost line comes to mind from TM immediately.

Yep. That white ghost grip is so ridiculously classy. I sent TM a request for information on its availability to the public and even though they didn't respond I knew they wouldn't be like, "Sure you can have one of our tour only pro option grips."

That method grip is defintiely good looking too.

WELL, THIS SUCKS:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write Nike. It's great to hear you are interested in the white putter grip Lucas Glover is using.

Unfortunately, the grip you are asking about is for Tour players only. At this time, there is not releases date for when it will be available to the public.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to my email. Thanks again for contacting us and have a great week.

Sincerely,
Miguel
Nike

That does stink but at least the putter is still SWEET!!!!!

Darn. I really wanted that grip too.

Dang! Well at least you got an answer.. That grip is sweet and hopefully they will be out to the public sometime soon.

WELL, THIS SUCKS:

Hi Jason,

Sincerely,
Miguel
Nike

Simple, go become a Tour player.

Why make anything "tour only". Seems like a poor merchandising decision. Amateurs see a pro using something or wearing something and they buy it. Not only that but the pro's don't pay for anything so make nothing at all.

I have the i15 driver and I have no clue about this same question... the G series seems to be more expensive but I personally like my i15 driver 11 degree loft... Let me know if you find out.

Back