OK. That's similar to the TM, while the Yes and Odyssey are 350. Just out of curiosity, have you ever had problems leaving the ball short? Because that's my major problem outside of 12 feet

Yeah, I didn't really like the white, but I do like the Pure Roll insert on it...

I do not have a problem leaving the ball short but that is something that kinda depends on the player and their stroke and game. I have been putting lights out with it for the past week. I have only had it for a week so I have not had a large sampling but I have rolled at least 250 balls with it at the range.

Again, why not the Method? It is cheaper than the Odyssey Black.

Look at the SeeMore Si-3 and Si-4.

I cant really comment on the odyssey's forgiveness as I havent gamed it on a real course. You might try and head over to the morgan cup callaway putters thread and get their reviews on it. I believe at least one of them (maybe One-T?) is using the tour black #2.
OK, I'll do that. With the odyssey, did you get pretty true roll? Because sometimes I had the problem that my ball would start curving slightly right (I'm LH), although that may have to do with my wrist position (which I recently changed and the problem disappeared)

I do not have a problem leaving the ball short but that is something that kinda depends on the player and their stroke and game. I have been putting lights out with it for the past week. I have only had it for a week so I have not had a large sampling but I have rolled at least 250 balls with it at the range.
Yeah, that was one of the reasons I like the Yes and Odyssey: it was really hard to leave the ball short, due to the increase weight. But is it still easy to keep your stroke smooth with the lighter putter? With my original (which is really light), I have recently been having a jumpier stroke, which has led to an inconsistent roll...

Try the original Nike Method if you can too. It rolls the ball better than anything IMO.

Again, why not the Method? It is cheaper than the Odyssey Black.

Look at the SeeMore Si-3 and Si-4.
Actually, I have a friend who owns a golf store, and he will sell me the Odyssey for only $125. As for the SeeMore, I just couldn't get going with it, so it was scrapped
Try the original Nike Method if you can too. It rolls the ball better than anything IMO.
The original method is too expensive, though I am constantly on the lookout for discounted options (craigslist, ebay, global golf, etc.). The only problem is finding it cheap in a left hand

The only thing that scares me away from the Black Series is the carbon steel head. I know that it is a softer feel than stainless, but I would go nuts if it ever rusted.

The only thing that scares me away from the Black Series is the carbon steel head. I know that it is a softer feel than stainless, but I would go nuts if it ever rusted.
Yeah, I agree. That's the reason I NEVER get oil can or similar finishes. But I did some research, and apparently the carbon steel doesn't rust over time. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the PVD finish might, though I think that wiping it down every now and then could prevent that?

I just bought a putter

I just bought a putter

I just bought the TaylorMade Ghost Tour Putter Daytona model. I'm a pretty awful at putting. But I figure that since Sergio's putting has improved dramatically with this putter maybe the same will happen to me....wishful thinking I guess but no one has provided me with a better way to figure out how to select a putter. I've bought all kinds of putters over the past few years, Mizuno/Bettinardi's Black Carbon, Odyssey's Bullseye, SeeMore, Pure Pendulum putter, et al.

The one thing I have noticed is that the length of the shaft makes a difference. I'm not that tall...only 5'9"...and I found that a shorter shaft (33") helps me get over the ball better than a longer shaft. It's helped a bit, but without a little luck, I still can't since a six footer with any consistency.

. But I did some research, and apparently the carbon steel doesn't rust over time.

hmmm....

I can see the finish not breaking down and causing the putter to rust. But unless something has changed in the world of chemistry, there is no way to make carbon steel rust-proof.

The one thing I have noticed is that the length of the shaft makes a difference. I'm not that tall...only 5'9"...and I found that a shorter shaft (33") helps me get over the ball better than a longer shaft. It's helped a bit, but without a little luck, I still can't since a six footer with any consistency.

Hahaha... I do agree with you, though, I guess the putter doesn't make a putter. But I'm pretty solid within 10 feet, at least 90%, so...

Yeah, I agree. That's the reason I NEVER get oil can or similar finishes. But I did some research, and apparently the carbon steel doesn't rust over time. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the PVD finish might, though I think that wiping it down every now and then could prevent that?

PVD will NOT rust so have no fear!

As far as oil-can finishes, a simple silicone cloth or spray (lowe's) wipe down after rounds and no worries.

hmmm....

I can see the finish not breaking down and causing the putter to rust. But unless something has changed in the world of chemistry, there is no way to make carbon steel rust-proof.

PVD finishes and Polymer finishes won't rust on Carbon. Don't bang up the finish (i.e. put the freaking cover on in the bag!) and to make yourself feel better dont put it in the HC wet and you'll be a-ok

PVD will NOT rust so have no fear!

As far as oil-can finishes, a simple silicone cloth or spray (lowe's) wipe down after rounds and no worries.
Oh... but anyway I just don't like the oil can look. And no I can buy the Odyssey w/o having to buy a oil cloth

Oh... but anyway I just don't like the oil can look. And no I can buy the Odyssey w/o having to buy a oil cloth

Yes, Odyssey's finish on the black series is maintenance free.

PVD finishes and Polymer finishes won't rust on Carbon. Don't bang up the finish (i.e. put the freaking cover on in the bag!) and to make yourself feel better dont put it in the HC wet and you'll be a-ok

That's what I was thinking.

I like the feel of the Black Series. I just didn't like the black color. Not for me.

That's what I was thinking.

I like the feel of the Black Series. I just didn't like the black color. Not for me.

Really? I love the color... and can you go into more detail about the feel?

Really? I love the color... and can you go into more detail about the feel?

Yeah I don't like black putters. It's a personal thing. I dunno.

The feel is very soft. That comes from the carbon steel. It is very soft. If you can make consistent contact, it's no problem. But if you miss the sweet spot, you may not know it. I like a firmer feel from my putter. I can tell where I made contact on the putter and I just like the firmer feel.

The feel is very soft. That comes from the carbon steel. It is very soft. If you can make consistent contact, it's no problem. But if you miss the sweet spot, you may not know it. I like a firmer feel from my putter. I can tell where I made contact on the putter and I just like the firmer feel.

See, and thats why I LOVE putters! It varies so much from person to person.

Carbon actually gives me more of a feedback than stainless through the softer feel I get and a better tone for my ear.

Another example of everyone being different! I urge you again to go to the store or wherever and just roll as many as you possibly can and figure our your likes ans dislikes as to what feels the best for you and your game!

Yeah, I hear you. But is the feel too firm, to the point where you can't really drain putts from within 12 feet?

I urge you again to go to the store or wherever and just roll as many as you possibly can and figure our your likes ans dislikes as to what feels the best for you and your game!
Yeah, I did roll them all at my local shop, but unfortunately it was on a turf mat, which in NO WAY simulates a real green. That's why I'm here to get some feedback

Yeah, I hear you. But is the feel too firm, to the point where you can't really drain putts from within 12 feet?

The Tour Black isn't firm at all in my opinion. It is actually a lot softer than I thought it would be. And a lot softer than I like.

The Tour Black isn't firm at all in my opinion. It is actually a lot softer than I thought it would be. And a lot softer than I like.
Really? I find that it's firm if you miss the sweet spot, but it's a buttery, full feel when struck right...

Really? I find that it's firm if you miss the sweet spot, but it's a buttery, full feel when struck right...

Sure it's buttery on the sweet spot, but I don't like buttery from my putter.

Just my personal taste.

I had to call SeeMore to have them custom make my putter, as it isn't listed on their website.

Sure it's buttery on the sweet spot, but I don't like buttery from my putter.

I had to call SeeMore to have them custom make my putter, as it isn't listed on their website.
I was thinking about SeeMore, but the shaft position just doesn't work for me. I like heel shafts, and with the RST, the shafts are too close to the center for my liking.

Though I do like the custom-made putter idea. How much did that cost you? And do you have an option for a milled-face, because I'm kind of leaning towards that

I was thinking about SeeMore, but the shaft position just doesn't work for me. I like heel shafts, and with the RST, the shafts are too close to the center for my liking.

Though I do like the custom-made putter idea. How much did that cost you? And do you have an option for a milled-face, because I'm kind of leaning towards that

If your thinking custom possibly, you might look at Piretti - http://www.pirettigolf.com/

Same price range if not cheaper than a milled DB4, and super good looking AND performing putters. Mike is a first class guy as well that will take care of you...just throwing it out there :D

I do love SeeMore too though, good stuff, just shooting an option that maybe ya wouldn't have thought of.

Back