Invest In Rain Gear

HA! I didn't even see this before I commented.

The new Galway Bay pants you wear as regular pants are literally the best I have ever tried.

What are the the differences?

The biggest differences to me are two main things.

1. Pants that dont sag and feel like you have a giant turd hanging.
2. Neck line and shoulders that dont creep up when you swing.

For years I went non-golf specific, but my last three have been and its night and day to me.

Footjoy jacket , pants always in my bag because you never know. Also rain hat and gloves. Quality is excellent. And rain pants are also good when you wear shorts thinking it is shorts weather but it is not. Definitely good to have.

A couple years ago my wife gifted me with a set of the FJ HydroLite rain gear. Some of the best money spent IMO. Quality rain gear doubles as a light layer for warmth; you'd be surprised how warm layered GORE-TEX can be! Additionally, I highly recommend a quality umbrella.

Clearly this type of gear is expensive, I get it. However, if you buy the right stuff the first time chances are you won't have to spend the money a second time, at least for several years.

For years I went non-golf specific, but my last three have been and its night and day to me.
Nice! Thanks for going into detail and fit differences definitely makes sense to me. Probably more important with the top to make sure it doesn’t hinder the swing. But now that we are out of the early 2000’s nobody wants ‘the sag’ either 😜

While I prefer to not play in the rain, I have been caught a few times, and yea without something it sucks. I do have a pair of pants - no idea how they will work - as, like noted, I have not needed to wear them yet. They were super cheap, seem to feel ok, plenty of room for easy on/off. BUt still no need to wear them yet - and they are (I think) tyvek!

As to a top, no idea what to do yet, I do have or maybe need a 1/4zip waterproof pullover.

These would really blow up the smaller player 3 bag - but life goes on.

Nice! Thanks for going into detail and fit differences definitely makes sense to me. Probably more important with the top to make sure it doesn’t hinder the swing. But now that we are out of the early 2000’s nobody wants ‘the sag’ either 😜
And while there are brands that are absolutely top of the line, there are things that can be found from Sunice, Puma and others that can come in at a bargain and might offer some really good options.

And while there are brands that are absolutely top of the line, there are things that can be found from Sunice, Puma and others that can come in at a bargain and might offer some really good options.
Maybe the May deal of the month from a certain golf store? :p

Can anyone recommend a rain hat?

Maybe the May deal of the month from a certain golf store? :p
No sir, no May deal this month. With the Championship here, we will have more coming post that event.

I did exactly that when I joined my club, Bought some galvin green stuff and it’s brilliant. Alongside my trolley and brolly I’m normally good for anything.

No sir, no May deal this month. With the Championship here, we will have more coming post that event.
It's cool - and life goes on. Thanks for sending this reply - at least I won't have to wait!

It's cool - and life goes on. Thanks for sending this reply - at least I won't have to wait!
They have a couple of killer deals though.
Size dependent of course, but there are a few on there that are excellent.

I have an under armor jacket I've had to wear a couple times with some light rain and it's been great. I would need to pick up actual rain pants, I use a pair of weather resistant / water resistant pants if I go out and it's going to be a bit of rain. My only actual rain pants are a super cheap pair of frogg togg pants - the whole set is like 20 bucks but they are super light and compact to throw in a bag.

for as little as I play in rain, I plan to use a thin northface non-golf rain jacket for now. will report back if it makes golf miserable.
You have now jinxed us.

i'm good on rain pants, but i need a good shell. i think i'd prefer short sleeve.

The new Galway Bay pants you wear as regular pants are literally the best I have ever tried.

Good grief .... I about spit out my lunch when I read that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i'm good on rain pants, but i need a good shell. i think i'd prefer short sleeve.

I have this one that I use in light rainy days that FJ makes .. you can remove the sleeves with a zipper.

1683042636039.png

I gotta be honest, I never looked at it that way. If there’s rain in the forecast I usually try not to play. Never thought about it from a vacation/THP experience perspective though

Tell you what. TODAY ONLY. Send me a PM of a screenshot of your rain gear in your cart and I'll get you a coupon code. Not just Mr. Smoove, anyone who happens to see this.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING.
View attachment 9175456

Any recommendations on stock that you carry? I've always cheaped out when buying gear and then regret my frugality as I am sweating my butt off under a non-breathable upper. Anything in short sleeve particularly good?

Back