Invest In Rain Gear

huge thanks to @ScoFoBG. excellent assistance in my decision-making, and the promo code was a massive help

So damn cool Scott. Thanks! My PM with my cart screenshot on its way. Was trying to decide which rain hat to pull the trigger on just a couple hours ago

This is what I use and it is better than any rain gear I’ve ever used. It’s expensive but has lasted me years.

Keep in mind, any of you playing in the Championship will be getting a short sleeve windproof, water-repellant item, so if that helps you make your decision...

@ScoFoBG coming in hot with all the rain gear help.
I may have to browse BG site for the umpteenth time today.

Keep in mind, any of you playing in the Championship will be getting a short sleeve windproof, water-repellant item, so if that helps you make your decision...
That definitely helps because I was really bummed the Nike Storm stuff was only in smalls lol

My new Callaway bucket rain hat is ordered. If there is ever any question that Budget Golf is the best, here's yet another example why. Thanks Scott!

This is something i need to do, just with where i live. I have been reluctant due to cost, but really just need to make it happen.

I have a few quarter zip-style pieces of rain gear I got from Budget Golf last year. Added some pants, gloves and a rain hood today. Love it.

E9AFC02A-7366-4DEF-B2F1-BE0483C1106B.png

it's such a good call. Take the umbrella, always have some rain gloves, and at the very least get a light waterproof jacket.

I avoided that for FAR too long. Silly.

As much as I hate weather talk it looks like I am going to have to scramble to find something by Sunday :oops:

As much as I hate weather talk it looks like I am going to have to scramble to find something by Sunday :oops:
There was a method to my madness.

There was a method to my madness.

Smart man - Going to try Golf Galaxy tonight - If not may end up with something cheap to get me by off Amazon or something - Not a ton of local options and I can't risk shipping not getting hear by Sunday Night.

Smart man - Going to try Golf Galaxy tonight - If not may end up with something cheap to get me by off Amazon or something - Not a ton of local options and I can't risk shipping not getting hear by Sunday Night.
If you decide shipping, I bet @ScoFoBG can make sure of it.
Last resort is always at the course, it will be pricey and most likely Zero Restriction or Kjus, but they will have it.

If you decide shipping, I bet @ScoFoBG can make sure of it.
Last resort is always at the course, it will be pricey and most likely Zero Restriction or Kjus, but they will have it.

Thanks sent him a DM to get the ball rolling - Would love to support Budget if it works.

Any recommendations on jackets for rain jacket? I bought rain gear earlier this year and had to use it a month ago. Glad I had it but the jacket was not very free to swing. I was not comfortable.

Any recommendations on jackets for rain jacket? I bought rain gear earlier this year and had to use it a month ago. Glad I had it but the jacket was not very free to swing. I was not comfortable.
Quite a few mentioned in this thread.

Gavin Green jacket and Pro Quip trousers. Bought both at very nice sales prices.

Excellent PSA, fully agree!

I keep a top and pants in my bag, because you never know. Sometimes I'll swap out a full jacket for short sleeve version depending on temperature and humidity.

Though jackets are not ideal for swinging a club, thanks to @JB 's review of Galway Bay, I own a pair of pants and jacket from them. These are not just for rain. The pants look and fit well. I had a pair of FJ rain pants but they were extremely baggy. The Galway Bay pants are great for just windy days where it can be a little cool. They look like golf pants and provide great protection from wind and rain with out being heavy. The jackets are much the same.

And you cannot go wrong with more than one color (black) in rain gear.

Quarter zip on the way short sleeve.

Here’s hoping it’s shoved in the bag and never ever used.

Back