Something you learned in High School

MarMill

Be Positive! Morgan Cup 2024
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
What is something you learned in high school that you still use today. I took a typing class in high school and it has served me well all these years later.

Took an electronics class in high school. Learned resistors, ohms, switches, voltage, amperage, how to build circuits and others fun stuff. Was awesome and helped a lot.

Learned that it is possible to cut my own hair and not look like a complete fool. This was as part of the diving team, but that was part of high school.

Oh a lot of things.
Hexagon pizza is a great shape for pizza.

Physics

I went to the High School for Health Professions in Houston. Vocational high school that obviously you learn tidbits about the medical fields. I did some rotations where I observed things in a hospital. They asked us for our senior year what we were interested in and I said dentistry. I spent 12 weeks shadowing in 2 different dentist offices. I found out I didn't want to be a dentist. :ROFLMAO:

Skills I picked up
- I can make a bed with 2 flat sheets (provided 1 is bigger than mattress).
- How I make a bed. (My dad was a marine and my mom made beds in hotels for awhile......I had training before but I also made beds in the hospital for 4 weeks)
- I can understand what the dentist says when they are talking about my teeth (tooth 5, MOD cavity, etc)
- Very basic medical jargon knowledge.

I took a course in Engish composition and learned how to write, It's a skill that I use nearly every day.

I took band...still play music :D

How to lie with statistics

Doing shots does not go well for me.

I took a course in Engish composition and learned how to write, It's a skill that I use nearly every day.

This. I had two teachers who used English as composition boot camp. If you can write, you can always find work. Speaking as a career technologist.

This. I had two teachers who used English as composition boot camp. If you can write, you can always find work. Speaking as a career technologist.

I remember the book Vocabulary for the College Bound Student. We had to use those words in our writing. Now I have a penchant for using the word viccissitude and I know a conflagration is a great fire,

This may not be the answer you were looking for but it’s not what I learned in high school, but what I didn’t learn. In high school, I found I could get good grades without doing my homework. I never did learn good study habits. When I got to college, I found my lack of studying kept me from succeeding there. Without college I wasn’t going to become an engineer. That led to my becoming a service tech where i worked for 36 years. If I’d have studied more in high school, I believe I could’ve done well in college and would have a different, ( not necessarily better) life today.

What is something you learned in high school that you still use today. I took a typing class in high school and it has served me well all these years later.
Pythagoras’ Theorem. Use it every time I need to square something large.

Went to vocational for Electrical and currently a superintendent so I’d say I use all sorts of things.

Shoutout to the mitochondria.

Come to think of it, I don’t remember a lot of stuff in HS that became relevant to every day use. Typing, I guess?

This for sure. My mom made me take typing in high school. She said you'll need it for college and beyond. Boy she was right! So glad I took the class.

I learned from english class that run-on sentences, filler words, and excessive use of pronouns makes for a terrible read, hint hint.

Don't drive when going hog hunting. 2 big ones and 8 little ones in the back of your truck leave a lot of blood and sh** that is impossible to get all of it out if you have a toolbox and bedliner.

I learned from english class that run-on sentences, filler words, and excessive use of pronouns makes for a terrible read, hint hint.
I did not. See above post.:ROFLMAO:

Back