Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Will be living 20 minutes from Jack Frost by spring . Would drive to meet other THPers .

Will be living 20 minutes from Jack Frost by spring . Would drive to meet other THPers .
Great course, staff not so much.

Agree only play there once or twice a year . Plenty of other courses nearby . Blue Ridge Trail very nice . To bad Mt. Laurel closed .

Jack Frost is a nice course. Split Rock, directly across the highway, is also worth playing. I play each of them two or three times a year.

Revan, just a brief follow up. I play frequently in my surrounding area (Mercer, Somerset, and Hunterdon Counties) of Jersey as well as the Poconos, the Stroudsburg and Easton areas, and also a few nice courses in northeastern Pennsylvania. Two of my golfing buddies and I grew up in the Wilkes-Barre area and another used to live at various locations near the Lehigh Valley (PA) area, so we often play in eastern Pennsylvania. It's sort of a let's meet somewhere in the middle and play golf. I used to play with another buddy further south in New Jersey, but health challenges and aging have caught up with him.

I would be interested in playing golf in Sussex County in north Jersey at several of the superb Crystal Springs courses, as well as Great Gorge and one or two others that I haven't played in several years. Keep that in mind, if you are interested.
Don't forget about the Phillipsburg courses Architects and Harkers Hollow.

Playing Broad Run tomorrow unless this rain ruins it.

Hi there. Any updates on when and where the THP NJ event will be this year?

Hi there. Any updates on when and where the THP NJ event will be this year?
I do not think anyone has talked up a THP NJ event in 2024. We can certainly start planning something.

I saw JB posted something in this back in November that there was something in the works for NJ. AC is always a good time. Crystal Springs is always fun too but can become pricey.

I saw JB posted something in this back in November that there was something in the works for NJ. AC is always a good time. Crystal Springs is always fun too but can become pricey.
JB was talking about Hidden Creek.

Have been to Hidden Creek a few times. It is a great place. But not accessible unless you pull some special strings and not cheap. My fave in that general area is Twisted Dunes. They allow early access to tee times and the course is excellent.

I'm in. That's a great course. And an hour away. Hopefully it comes together. I haven't seen JB in probably 10 years.

Have been to Hidden Creek a few times. It is a great place. But not accessible unless you pull some special strings and not cheap. My fave in that general area is Twisted Dunes. They allow early access to tee times and the course is excellent.
I love Twisted Dunes. Such an odd course for NJ. Just remember to bring your own :) Dry course

I'm in. That's a great course. And an hour away. Hopefully it comes together. I haven't seen JB in probably 10 years.
So far one event is at Hidden Creek this year.
Screenshot_20240129_110413_Chrome.jpg

*Screen shot from the Thread '2024 THP Experiences and Winners'

I would be 100% willing to attend a Jersey shore / Pinelands area get together. There is some killer golf in that area, plus my folks live nearby and I could make a weekend out of it.

I would be 100% willing to attend a Jersey shore / Pinelands area get together. There is some killer golf in that area, plus my folks live nearby and I could make a weekend out of it.
I think we may have played a round back in the day. I'm on board

How about Scotland Run?

I haven't played Scotland Run in a long time.
I believe they are currently doing Club House renovations.
I haven't been there in about 4 years. Yea clubhouse work being done right now. But my thought was pulling something like this together looks like April kinda thing.

I haven't been there in about 4 years. Yea clubhouse work being done right now. But my thought was pulling something like this together looks like April kinda thing.
Hmm, early April could work as a warm up for WWGC event.

Back