Mizuno S23 Wedges

2 more holes out tonight chipping with the 54D.

On the sim counts, right?

To be fair, the MLM2PRO doe not give up holes out very easily!

Bought a copper cobalt 49º just now. It should fit very nicely behind 243 PW. Excited to get it in the bag. I'll be rocking both Mizuno copper finishes this year.

Decided to go S23 for GW instead of the set 243 wedge. I think it blends well with the look of the 243’s.

I’d barely call it a copper finish tho which is fine honestly helps it blend to the set even better. It’s a good looking finish too.

IMG_8455.jpeg

Decided to go S23 for GW instead of the set 243 wedge. I think it blends well with the look of the 243’s.

I’d barely call it a copper finish tho which is fine honestly helps it blend to the set even better. It’s a good looking finish too.

View attachment 9239281
I got to see these in hand finally today at PGA SS, they look damn good.

I got to see these in hand finally today at PGA SS, they look damn good.
I think it’ll be a good option for me in that Gw spot. It’s a little more forgiving than the set gw or my current t22 50° would be, but not so much bounce to where it looks completely different than the set.

I think it’ll be a good option for me in that Gw spot. It’s a little more forgiving than the set gw or my current t22 50° would be, but not so much bounce to where it looks completely different than the set.
I think that makes perfect sense.

View attachment 9239281
I did the same thing. Had the set 923 and never got along with it like I did the S23 52*. Love that 52 so much I also got a 56.

I did the same thing. Had the set 923 and never got along with it like I did the S23 52*. Love that 52 so much I also got a 56.
That’s great to hear and I hope I have the same experience with the S23. I love my 54 and 59° T24’s but they are not “full shot” clubs for me. I think the s23 is going to fit nicely

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
First full swing from 97y with s23 and it’s gonna be tough to top. It’s got such a great sounds and feel. Very similar to the 243’s just like I hoped.

IMG_8518.jpeg

Too bad it helped save double. 🤣

I have these and still really like them. Just ordered some T24s but I see both getting play.

Played these all last year and absolutely loved them around the green, now the question is do I just play these again and get new heads of what I have or do I do a wedge off and see what works better if it’s possible? Mentioned before how well these do around the green but full shots just didn’t seem to produce like previous wedges and left a gap between my G and 54° that even if I stepped on it I couldn’t get any more out of them, but on the other hand the way the grinds worked so well for my chips and pitches it has me a bit wishy washy.

Played these all last year and absolutely loved them around the green, now the question is do I just play these again and get new heads of what I have or do I do a wedge off and see what works better if it’s possible? Mentioned before how well these do around the green but full shots just didn’t seem to produce like previous wedges and left a gap between my G and 54° that even if I stepped on it I couldn’t get any more out of them, but on the other hand the way the grinds worked so well for my chips and pitches it has me a bit wishy washy.
The head to head wedge testing I did before getting the S23s was some of the most fun I've ever had testing golf clubs.

The head to head wedge testing I did before getting the S23s was some of the most fun I've ever had testing golf clubs.
What sold it to you?

Man, if they provide confidence on chip shots it's hard to walk away from that for me

Man, if they provide confidence on chip shots it's hard to walk away from that for me
Same. I’m starting to become of the mind that I never even want to full swing anything more than a 50°.

Give me confident chips and little half shots with high loft wedges all day.

Last edited:
What sold it to you?
Feel, control and wet wedge spin retention were all better than the TM and Vokey wedges and feel and control were better than the T24 and Ping Glide wedges.

Does anyone know the tip size for the S23? I want to replace the shaft. not sure if it's .355 or .370

I have these and the T24s.. I think I prefer these.. not sure yet though.

I have these and the T24s.. I think I prefer these.. not sure yet though.
I continue to play it in 52 degree which is my kind of utility wedge inside 100 yards.

I continue to play it in 52 degree which is my kind of utility wedge inside 100 yards.
It’s interesting. I feel like they are more pleasant to hit and launch conditions are better..

It’s interesting. I feel like they are more pleasant to hit and launch conditions are better..
I don’t do full swings so can’t help with the data portion. I was hitting them side by side the new Ping wedges which just accentuated how good they feel because it’s a 180 from those 🤣

Back