Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When it comes to wedges, we have seen Mizuno Golf do an exceptional job of balancing and alternating the traditional Tour like look in their T-Series wedge release with a much more technology driven direction with the S-Series. It so happens that 2023 is an “S” year for the company, but they are taking things to an even more exciting place than ever before.

Curious yet? Well let’s dive in.

Continue reading...

I am pretty enamored with these and while I do think they will fly under the radar for some, they probably shouldn't. I believe 1-2 of these will be in my bag shortly.

These look so good, and that copper cobalt is incredible.

Looks like the perfect compliment to the JPX Forged! I like the look and the options. Seems to be something for everyone.

I am not quite there where I need new wedges. These do have a look I like and will be on the list when I start the journey of replacing my wedges.

These are so nice looking, might be time for me to stop sleeping on mizuno.

BE169803-69D8-43A7-B1F9-51DD55CBE774.jpeg

I am really interested in trying these. I love my t22 wedges. I’m nervous about the heel weight placement on these s23’s though.

I was testing the Edel SMS wedge when I moved the weight to the heel position to say it wasn’t a fit would be a massive understatement. I probably hit some of the worst wedge shots of my life with the heavier weight shifted to the heel.

Also patiently waiting to see if these will drop in blue. That copper is super tempting though.

Love the copper finish and the overall look
I haven’t even hit them but I want them in the bag 😂

That copper cobalt 🔥🔥🔥

Good stuff @Jman ! That’s a killer looking wedge. That copper finish is amazing. Looks like a refined Nike Engage wedge, which is a good thing. I am surprised there isn’t a blue finish option this year.

Well done James. Holy crap those are gorgeous. They would go nicely in my new bag boy bag next to my new 923 forgeds for the budget champ in May :love::love::love:

I don't need them, I don't need them , I don't need them...

Those look amazing I'd be sad to use 1 in the sand. I am definitely interested as wedges are 1 thing I'm looking to change in 2023.

Interesting they used hosel size to change weight placement and reduction

Interesting they used hosel size to change weight placement and reduction
This is done quite a bit as the hosel can carry so much weight. Look back at old 588 wedges from tour years ago and the length of the hosel vs now. It’s really well done and very clean in this new S23

I am really interested in trying these. I love my t22 wedges. I’m nervous about the heel weight placement on these s23’s though.

I was testing the Edel SMS wedge when I moved the weight to the heel position to say it wasn’t a fit would be a massive understatement. I probably hit some of the worst wedge shots of my life with the heavier weight shifted to the heel.

Also patiently waiting to see if these will drop in blue. That copper is super tempting though.
I may need to re-read, but with the shorter hosel and cavity more towards the heel it should shift CG towards the toe, which would be like having the Edel weight in the center or toe.

I thought I knew what wedges I would go with this year but these are throwing a big old wrench into that thoughts.

Really good look with the foregiveness I’d be chasing…

This is done quite a bit as the hosel can carry so much weight. Look back at old 588 wedges from tour years ago and the length of the hosel vs now. It’s really well done and very clean in this new S23
Makes sense since it's a huge chunk on metal just never thought about it I guess. Wasn't the most tech/gear interested person up until last year. I'm really looking forward to trying these but I will feel bad ruining the finish.

Makes sense since it's a huge chunk on metal just never thought about it I guess. Wasn't the most tech/gear interested person up until last year. I'm really looking forward to trying these but I will feel bad ruining the finish.
Change your mindset from “ruining the finish” to “personalizing your wedge” 😃

Had basically talked myself into Glide 4.0s and now this.

Huge fan of Mizuno wedges in general and the S series in particular having played a couple of different models from that series in the past. These look and sound incredible. That Copper Cobalt id definitely calling my name.

Yea, I love the idea of these. I think one or two in the GW range could be really useful.

Back