I love my Jaws. Today I was hitting my 54 with quarter swings at the 100 mark on my local wedge range. 20 swings. 14 were all around the 100 target. 1 chunk. 2 shanks. It felt so effortless dropping wedge shots in. I’m not even how to describe the change from how hard 2023 wedge wise to suddenly here early 2024. I never considered 2024 could be a scary good year for wedges but it sure looks like that could happen,

Being that all of my work with the Jaws Raw so far has been indoors, aside from the 50* all my swings with the 54 and 58 have been partial swings.

Playing around with the target function on the GC3, just trying to dial in partial swings for varied distances inside 100 yds.

The 50* though, has been getting put through the paces with full swing. Its a spot where I normally wouldn't carry a club, and just make due with a back of the bag gap.

Trying to gain familiarity full swinging the wedges again has been fun (at times very ugly), but hopefully in the end it helps short up my short game.
1000016679.jpg

Unintended downside of having three wedges in a divider in the bag? More chatter on the wedges than I would hope to see after the little usage I have had.

I love the 54 and 58 degree (compared with my previous 56 and 60). If I messed one thing up it was not asking for the black edition over the raw. Not everyone likes swinging a rusty nail @Jman !

They perform - well amazingly. I’ve been able to hold a ton of greens and I know exactly where I can chip these and how far they will run out to the hole. Totally consistent on every single shot. I can’t ask for more than that and the 58 gets me out of the greenside bunkers so easily

I love the 54 and 58 degree (compared with my previous 56 and 60). If I messed one thing up it was not asking for the black edition over the raw. Not everyone likes swinging a rusty nail @Jman !

They perform - well amazingly. I’ve been able to hold a ton of greens and I know exactly where I can chip these and how far they will run out to the hole. Totally consistent on every single shot. I can’t ask for more than that and the 58 gets me out of the greenside bunkers so easily
All the faces on these wedges are raw, regardless of the finish color

All the faces on these wedges are raw, regardless of the finish color
Yeah but the darker ones just don’t show it. I just don’t feel like I need a tetanus shot looking at it

Yeah but the darker ones just don’t show it. I just don’t feel like I need a tetanus shot looking at it
They still show it.

If it’s that big of a deal, just take fine steel wool to them all the time.

That's the way wedges should look!

Put some Recoil Dart 90s in these and they are really hitting their groove. I still don’t love rust due to the travel factor, but these feel tremendous

The S Grind is pretty underrated on these wedges. While it's not an optimal grind if you like hitting a lot of open face shots, it works well for full swings, regular chips/pitches, and is even good out of bunkers. My 54S is my most used sand club unless I really need to lay it wide open and try to get the ball in the air quickly. The S isn't a "sexy" grind, but it's very practical.

The S Grind is pretty underrated on these wedges. While it's not an optimal grind if you like hitting a lot of open face shots, it works well for full swings, regular chips/pitches, and is even good out of bunkers. My 54S is my most used sand club unless I really need to lay it wide open and try to get the ball in the air quickly. The S isn't a "sexy" grind, but it's very practical.
S grind is great. I played for 2 years with a 52 58 s grind set up and those were the best short game years I have had. My ego and marketing makes me think I need to play vokeys to be “the best”. One day I will get smart and go back to wedge designed by Roger Cleveland they seem to just be better and feel softer to me.

I have S in my 54 and 58 and I’m very surprised how easy it’s been to pick it off the ground. Feels like I can hit a variety of shots pretty effortlessly these days. I can only hope that continues into the season. I will say I love the Jaws look. Maybe it’s the dots in the back but just something about the look is just awesome. This is the first callaway wedges I’ve had but it’s amazing how quickly things have clicked even going back to the GD.

Boy do I agree with this. For those that like pretty straight forward, it is really really good.

image.jpg
Decided to do some grind testing.. it’s the only other grind I thought about getting in the 58 so why not!

View attachment 9241440
Decided to do some grind testing.. it’s the only other grind I thought about getting in the 58 so why not!
I love the versatility of the z-grind as it's what I got on my 58. I love that it allows me to open it up and add loft while keeping the front edge down. With the chipping technique I utilize it's working very nicely for me

I love the versatility of the z-grind as it's what I got on my 58. I love that it allows me to open it up and add loft while keeping the front edge down. With the chipping technique I utilize it's working very nicely for me
I got the c grind which is also versatile but I want to see the differences between them!!

View attachment 9241440

That grind is like a cheat code for me with the way I chip and pitch off of tight lies and the ones that sit down in the rough around here. Interested to hear your feedback!

I got the c grind which is also versatile but I want to see the differences between them!!
I believe my jaws full toe 54 is a c grind. In wet conditions and out of the bunkers that thing is a cheat code for me. The 58 z is one I can manipulate easier on tight lies and get high/ spinny chips

I believe my jaws full toe 54 is a c grind. In wet conditions and out of the bunkers that thing is a cheat code for me. The 58 z is one I can manipulate easier on tight lies and get high/ spinny chips
Good to know that they are both cheat codes 😂my short game is one of my weaker points… it has its good moments but definitely a weaker point of my game

I never thought I would say it but this 58 Full toe J grind is my favorite wedge. So versatile from chipping to full swings. Out of the sand it is money!!!

JAWS Raw 54* day on the GC3 for the first time today. 3/4ish swing, just wanting to compare things between Chrome Soft and Chrome Tour.

Loving the spin I am seeing with the Chrome Tour and 54*. Would love it if I could get that carry up a bit more to the CS numbers, but if it means I lose 1000rpms of spin, I can settle with being a handful of yards shorter.
1000017072.jpg

1000017071.jpg

At one point the pattern on the face was looking good, and then it started to go haywire missing more towards the toe at the end.
1000017060.jpg

Last edited:
My goodness if I told you six months ago I was absolutely happy with where I was at with my bag in the wedge spot…oh how wrong would I be!!!

The look of the Raw grin and especially the full toe J grind on my 58* is so pleasing to the eye.
IMG_2534.jpeg

The Jaws Raw have opened my mind to just how good my wedge game could be! My 58* has become more than just used out of bunkers to being used in various places on the course. I can go full swing to 1/4” shots and generate spin, control and consistency.

Just one of the many good shots today during my SIM round…

View attachment IMG_2536.mov

Last edited:
I’ve said it before but.. I’m excited just to use these again, I was definitely nervous about how these wedges were going to play and feel coming from Vokeys and then Edel sms wedges. I was nervous they were going to not feel “heavy”. Also switching to 58/54 has me excited for any 100 yards and in shots

@Mmaynard11 I think I’ve told you before that Jaws Raw is unmatched. And Full Toe is such fun!!

I love, love, LOVE my three wedge setup. It’s going to be huge for me this year for multiple reasons. The gapping of the Smoke AW (46*) allowed me to go 50/54/58 in Jaws Raw. The 50* is such a beautiful club. And I’m happy to finally have a 60* out of the bag.

These are starting to age beautifully. I’m going to clean the clubs up and snap some pics. Jaws Raw for life. Might be my favorite clubs Callaway produces. And that’s really saying something.

@Mmaynard11 I think I’ve told you before that Jaws Raw is unmatched. And Full Toe is such fun!!

I love, love, LOVE my three wedge setup. It’s going to be huge for me this year for multiple reasons. The gapping of the Smoke AW (46*) allowed me to go 50/54/58 in Jaws Raw. The 50* is such a beautiful club. And I’m happy to finally have a 60* out of the bag.

These are starting to age beautifully. I’m going to clean the clubs up and snap some pics. Jaws Raw for life. Might be my favorite clubs Callaway produces. And that’s really saying something.
I was so against the full toe but it is now my go to club that I’m pulling out of the bag. I want to add more!!!

I was so against the full toe but it is now my go to club that I’m pulling out of the bag. I want to add more!!!
I love the Full Toe, still tossing around the idea of getting one in 54° too.

Back