2024 Cobra Putters

One more these are the vintage mallets. All on the smaller side. I think the new stingray shape is better than the nova personally.

IMG_5625.jpeg

Found a few at Golf Galaxy. They had the 38” CB Agera, and left handed Agera and Left handed Vintage Nova. Tried all 3 of them. 38” CB felt odd, not sure I could adjust. Being right handed only having left handed versions of the other two wasn’t ideal but it allowed me to feel the difference between the two inserts. The Ageras insert feels the same as the previous version to me, has a bit of a click to it. The Vintage insert felt softer to me, no noticeable click to it while in the store. Will need more time to see which I prefer, only rolled a couple putts each. All three were in plastic so not great for seeing the finish but it looked nice. Also rolled a few nice putts left handed with the Agera going right hand low 🤔.
IMG_1135.jpeg

Found a few at Golf Galaxy. They had the 38” CB Agera, and left handed Agera and Left handed Vintage Nova. Tried all 3 of them. 38” CB felt odd, not sure I could adjust. Being right handed only having left handed versions of the other two wasn’t ideal but it allowed me to feel the difference between the two inserts. The Ageras insert feels the same as the previous version to me, has a bit of a click to it. The Vintage insert felt softer to me, no noticeable click to it while in the store. Will need more time to see which I prefer, only rolled a couple putts each. All three were in plastic so not great for seeing the finish but it looked nice. Also rolled a few nice putts left handed with the Agera going right hand low 🤔.
View attachment 9244372
The softer insert has me excited to try them

Now on the inserts. The 3D line is firmer and it’s not close. I wish they had the OG models to compare it to but sadly they did not. There was a solid feel and an audible sound when striking the ball as well. Similar to last insert I’d say maybe slightly more muted. It kind of reminded of the more solid feel you might get from a milled putter…depending on the putter and milling of course.

The Vintage insert was infinitely softer. If I’m being honest it gave me white hot vibes which I think is a really good thing. Both inserts put a fantastic roll on the ball. The 3D line seemed a little hotter off the face to me but probably more me just adjusting to the softness.

Overall I’m super impressed with the changes. Both the shape and looks are more refined and look like higher quality and I think the price point is fantastic.

IMG_1463.jpeg
Got to town tonight to try them. Definitely two different feels on the two series with the Vintage being my favorite of the feels and even in that line there are feel differences. Went in wanting to really like the Cuda but the Stingray is definitely a touch softer and is probably the softest feeling in the series but they’re still firmer than the Odyssey White Hot insert as I was hitting themselves side by side. To note if a insert was made of a pencil eraser I would love it so take it for what it’s worth.

View attachment 9244401
Got to town tonight to try them. Definitely two different feels on the two series with the Vintage being my favorite of the feels and even in that line there are feel differences. Went in wanting to really like the Cuda but the Stingray is definitely a touch softer and is probably the softest feeling in the series but they’re still firmer than the Odyssey White Hot insert as I was hitting themselves side by side. To note if an insert was made of a pencil eraser I would love it so take it for what it’s worth.
Interesting that the feels changed in the series. Definitely need to find these somewhere hopefully with more of the options to try out.

@jdtox thanks for the comp pics and description of feels. If you had to pick one today what would you pick?

@jdtox thanks for the comp pics and description of feels. If you had to pick one today what would you pick?
Funny I was thinking about that as I was rolling them. I honestly don’t know. I’d have an easier time ruling some out haha.

Maybe a small lean toward the vintage insert.

Funny I was thinking about that as I was rolling them. I honestly don’t know. I’d have an easier time ruling some out haha.

Maybe a small lean toward the vintage insert.
Comparing a couple insert putters to the OG 3D the Vintage insert sounds appealing but none of the Vintage heads speak to me like the Agera RS does

3D’s for the type of face feels really good. If your preferred putter is more in the milled feel they’ve done a good job on these.

Comparing a couple insert putters to the OG 3D the Vintage insert sounds appealing but none of the Vintage heads speak to me like the Agera RS does
The Agera RS is a really good shape and size. The standard Agera even looks a bit smaller than the OG. They did have the CB 38” model and I kind of dig it. Tried the armlock too haha. Hated it.

More testing required.

The Agera RS is a really good shape and size. The standard Agera even looks a bit smaller than the OG. They did have the CB 38” model and I kind of dig it. Tried the armlock too haha. Hated it.

More testing required.
Hmm... hearing the standard Agera is a touch smaller than the OG peaks my interest

Now on the inserts. The 3D line is firmer and it’s not close. I wish they had the OG models to compare it to but sadly they did not. There was a solid feel and an audible sound when striking the ball as well. Similar to last insert I’d say maybe slightly more muted. It kind of reminded of the more solid feel you might get from a milled putter…depending on the putter and milling of course.
Oh I love the sound of all of this!!

Thanks so much for all your pics and impressions today. I had a meeting day from hell and was unable to make it down to GG to see them so living vicariously through your pics and posts was the next best thing.

I’m getting down there tomorrow. I need to feel this Grandsport 35 for myself. Your pics made it look really nice. Love the face. Not sure how I feel about the alignment lines yet.

I think I will have some time tomorrow to browse and get some firsthand interaction with these. Love the early pictures but need to touch and feel and see these up close. Just based on the visual changes to the Agera this iteration can definitely compete to go in the bag. Love what they did with it. If the insert feels as described I would lean toward the pebax in the vintage. But what happens if I love how one insert feels but love the characteristics of the other line? What is one to do?

I love the look, really like the firm feel off the face. It rolls the ball VERY WELL. I gotta admit tho this alignment line is distracting to me. Not a deal breaker tho.
IMG_8925.jpeg
IMG_8926.jpeg

I’m a little bummed at what the GG website says is in stock for my local store - currently says only the new Agera is in stock. Hoping that’s just an error - I’ll find out tomorrow!

These are proving really hard to find near me. Want to find the Agera RS, Nova and Cuda in RH to try out. The search continues.

Got to spend a good amount of time with these. The finish seems really well done and really enjoy the choice of grip.

I’ll echo others that there is a difference in feel between the two lines. The Vintage feels softer but still has a touch of backbone to it. I also agree with @Golfers Anonymous that there is some slight difference in feel between the vintage models.

Compered to the OG, the new 3D ones had almost a more muted sound in the center that got more pointed away from the center. Hit a few towards the toe that weren’t that pleasant (but I shouldn’t hit it there!). There seems to be more strike feedback. I speculate that the more muted feel is do to the carbon whereas the OG was aluminum. It definitely had that composite kind of sound to it. I liked it, your mileage may vary. I’ll note that the Grandsport had less of the composite sound, likely due to the 3D lattice being more enclosed compared to the other models.

Beyond the feel, the 3D line had all the foregiveness I’ve come to know and love from the prior line. Even rolled the CB for a bit. If you are one that struggles with your lag putting I’d recommend checking them out. It seemed automatic on the probably 25’ putt I had in store.

In terms of the Vintage line, the feel was really pleasing. Soft yet dense is how I would describe it. I didnt think I would lm like it as much as I did. I went into this release thinking I was pretty sold on the Agera RS but the vintage line has made me re-think that. The stingray in particular looks really good with the design tweaks this year. Very clean.

I’m going to have to do a little more side by side and hopefully find a Widesport in the wild to make a final call on these for me. (Or maybe get a little crazy and rework the paint fill on the Stingray as I don’t like long alignment lines)

Back