Another Agera size comparison pic, with ball for reference
IMG_7957.jpeg

It definitely had that composite kind of sound to it
I’ll echo this on the mallet shaped ones, on longer putts they give off a more composite type of sound.

Balled rolled so well off that for you. It’s got to make you take a long look at them.
It does and I both love and hate that for me. 🤪

Only reason I hate it is because I want to be committed and locked into the putter I’m using. There are things aesthetically that I love about my current putter but there are some manipulation at setup I need to do to ensure a good roll. It’s fine I’ve adjusted and dialed that in..BUT

….. the DLT that the cobra’s have negate the need for those manipulations and that is really sitting in my mind now. Thanks @Golfers Anonymous 🤪

These are proving really hard to find near me. Want to find the Agera RS, Nova and Cuda in RH to try out. The search continues.
Feel ya. I struck out today too. Visiting the in-laws and Austad’s had none. They are actually a decent sized store with pretty good selection otherwise.

Feel ya. I struck out today too. Visiting the in-laws and Austad’s had none. They are actually a decent sized store with pretty good selection otherwise.
Might be just early. The big box store had them but the smaller local accounts didn’t have them in quite yet

Might be just early. The big box store had them but the smaller local accounts didn’t have them in quite yet
Yeah the PGA SS I went to didn’t have them, but they had another in store event going on so maybe just have to wait a bit.

I really thought I would be in a Cobra Agera RS this year, but initial toughts in really limited action with wrong handed clubs has me thinking I may prefer the Pebax insert on the Vintage line. Definitely need more time to try them out and decide.

I really thought I would be in a Cobra Agera RS this year, but initial toughts in really limited action with wrong handed clubs has me thinking I may prefer the Pebax insert on the Vintage line. Definitely need more time to try them out and decide.
That’s kinda where I am at currently. Leaning towards the newer insert.

I’m seriously leaning towards trying the new Widesport.

If you do I’d love for a pic at address with a ball
I’ll try but finding Cobra putters near me may be difficult. I’ll see if my LGS has any.

Got a chance to visit my local GG and they had a very limited selection of the new Cobra putters. Got a try a few, and while I think they are very nice, I think I’m going to sit this release out - something about the Supernova and Agera shapes in person just doesn’t do it for me. Strangely enough, although they didn’t have a regular Agera, they did have a CB one which I thought was pretty cool.

Last edited:
1709002023864.gif
Denied again.
Will have to go back to my local GG. Really small store but I know they will at least have a few for me to get my hands on.

No widesport sightings yet near me based on a few calls today. Really hope to roll that one soon. The Pebax insert feel is enjoyable.

A Cobra demo day was just confirmed at the sim place I go to. Booked a 60min fitting to be used for irons and fw's. But the new putters will be available to roll as well!

No widesport sightings yet near me based on a few calls today. Really hope to roll that one soon. The Pebax insert feel is enjoyable.
I’m going to check with my local shop later this week. I’m looking to tryvthe Widesport.

I’m going to check with my local shop later this week. I’m looking to tryvthe Widesport.
What draws your eye to it compared to your current?

What draws your eye to it compared to your current?
The wider blade is very intriguing to me.
I was torn between the Widesport and Grandsport because I really preferred a blade over the mallets. I went with the Grandsport because of the hosel. I’m more comfortable with a plumber’s neck.

I got a chance at the Morgan Cup to hit some putts with a Widesport during practice and I liked what I was seeing and feeling.

Suprisingly I really liked this putter. Would take some getting used to but its in the running to make the bag this year...if nothing else could be a fun experiment.

1709045730707.png

Right up my alley, I dig it.
I really don't know if want some thing that large sticking out of my golf bag haha but I found it very easy to align and since my putting woes were brought to light for everyone to see its under consideration. I'll probably go roll them a few more times before deciding.

Suprisingly I really liked this putter. Would take some getting used to but its in the running to make the bag this year...if nothing else could be a fun experiment.

View attachment 9245224
what about it has been appealing? and have you given thought of how to grip it? that was one of the questions I had when rolling it, figuring out how keep consistent with hand placement

Back