Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

To say that I am excited to get this driver out to Ballyhack in August is a massive understatement. This club has been perfect for me.

I have mentioned it before, but my misses with this club go just about as far as middle strikes. My bigger misses with this driver, are still playable. My biggest misses wouldn’t be salvageable with a satellite guidance system.

Played yesterday and did not at all have my best stuff. I don’t think I found the center or center adjacent of my driver all day. I lived off of the high toe and heel. Distance wise, you would never know the wiser. Ball still got out there with some pop, and still in play. I think of all 14 drives, I only had one hole where I was hitting a different club into the green than I’m used to.

It’s absurd the amount of forgiveness in this driver.

Played yesterday and did not at all have my best stuff. I don’t think I found the center or center adjacent of my driver all day. I lived off of the high toe and heel. Distance wise, you would never know the wiser. Ball still got out there with some pop, and still in play. I think of all 14 drives, I only had one hole where I was hitting a different club into the green than I’m used to.

It’s absurd the amount of forgiveness in this driver.
How's the sound/feel on those shots?

To say that I am excited to get this driver out to Ballyhack in August is a massive understatement. This club has been perfect for me.

I have mentioned it before, but my misses with this club go just about as far as middle strikes. My bigger misses with this driver, are still playable. My biggest misses wouldn’t be salvageable with a satellite guidance system.
I heeled one sooo bad today on a par 4, low screamer left of the fairway, still got over 200 yards out of it. It was a pull, but flew straight as an arrow even though it was so far on the heel that it was almost a hosel strike. Insane forgiveness, I definitely didn't deserve what I got out of that strike.

I was 9/14 FW today, and even the misses were damn good.

@BigMac , does the round Paradym X weight fit in the Smoke head front weight spot?

@BigMac , does the round Paradym X weight fit in the Smoke head front weight spot?
Yes, it does fit. It's also the same size and thread pitch as the sole weights on the Mavrik Max, they're all interchangeable.

I also discovered that the front weight on the Ai Smoke Max is blue Loctite'd in place, so don't be surprised when it's a little stubborn coming out.

I'm excited; my A.I. Smoke just shipped this afternoon.
I just don't know if it's leaving Monterrey and going to Austin, or if it's leaving Austin & heading to me.

Yes, it does fit. It's also the same size and thread pitch as the sole weights on the Mavrik Max, they're all interchangeable.

I also discovered that the front weight on the Ai Smoke Max is blue Loctite'd in place, so don't be surprised when it's a little stubborn coming out.
This is good. Thank you sir!

I mean the X is a 5. Why not give it a shot??
I went to a 14g in the back of the X and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure I want to play with the front port of the Max and move the CG forward, though. I still might toy with it just for fun, it's a cheap enough experiment.

I went to a 14g in the back of the X and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure I want to play with the front port of the Max and move the CG forward, though. I still might toy with it just for fun, it's a cheap enough experiment.
I'm not saying it's a good idea...I'm saying it's a fun idea lol

I'm pretty sure it's been posted, but does anyone know the stock weight of the front weight in the Max?
Ugh, I had mine out the other day, should have weighed it!

Still trying to figure out driver for 2024. Darkspeed LS is in house and has seen the course once. I’m thinking it will get a shoot out vs the Smoke Max.

Been playing the Rogue Max LS for 2 seasons with Tensei White and have seen a lot of good results. In fact my driving hasn’t been my issue which is nice. I know Ai Smoke TD is supposedly more forgiving than the last version but I still feel like the Max head is where I need to be.

Still trying to figure out driver for 2024. Darkspeed LS is in house and has seen the course once. I’m thinking it will get a shoot out vs the Smoke Max.

Been playing the Rogue Max LS for 2 seasons with Tensei White and have seen a lot of good results. In fact my driving hasn’t been my issue which is nice. I know Ai Smoke TD is supposedly more forgiving than the last version but I still feel like the Max head is where I need to be.
The trick is to just hit it in the middle of the head every time.

Where I have been usually dreading spending time with my driver, I've really been feeling eager to get back on the range with the Ai Smoke. It's a weird feeling, and I am very fired up about it.

The last time out, after getting my alignment sorted out and trying to resolve my swing path visuals a bit, I was really peppering the ball on the range. I can't say whether or not the Triple Diamond head is fade biased, but I think I am currently fade biased as was the wind - but the ball was launching pretty straight with a bit of a fall off right that was fun to watch.

What I really liked about the session was the couple I was able to turn the head around, the quality of the contact was super addictive. As soon as I got that sound I was genuinely eager to do it again.

I'm excited; my A.I. Smoke just shipped this afternoon.
I just don't know if it's leaving Monterrey and going to Austin, or if it's leaving Austin & heading to me.
I ordered 9* max Tuesday evening, shows shipped yesterday and UPS tracking says "cleared customs". Evidently coming from Monterey. Expected delivery Monday.

Where I have been usually dreading spending time with my driver, I've really been feeling eager to get back on the range with the Ai Smoke. It's a weird feeling, and I am very fired up about it.

The last time out, after getting my alignment sorted out and trying to resolve my swing path visuals a bit, I was really peppering the ball on the range. I can't say whether or not the Triple Diamond head is fade biased, but I think I am currently fade biased as was the wind - but the ball was launching pretty straight with a bit of a fall off right that was fun to watch.

What I really liked about the session was the couple I was able to turn the head around, the quality of the contact was super addictive. As soon as I got that sound I was genuinely eager to do it again.
You getting confident with your driver again is making me so happy

Back