Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Round 3 with the AI Smoke Max D and I think I have never been more confident with my driver, the distance, better flight and consistency is the best it's ever been for me, can't wait to see what my tee game will be this season

Driver head packed
UST Mamiya THP Proto shaft packed
This combo is just working wonders for me. Back to the small fade I love playing

For those playing this one, what is your ball flight typically?
I playing a pretty low ball flight which I like personally. Lowest ball flight I’ve ever played and it’s been a little draw as of now which I’m trying to get away from

Today’s round was wow. Fairways were pretty soaked and it’s cold so it’s not surprising I lost a few clubs of distance. What is surprising is I usually lose more distance on days like today. I expect this will be the third straight year of gaining distance with new Callaway drivers once posting season ends.

67% FIR with the Smoke Max on 12 shots. That was also after having to adjust to a new delivery that had me coming more in to out. I usually live around 40%. Forgiveness toe side is stupid silly. I hit one tee ball that I immediately started waiting for the ball to hook hard. It found the middle of the fairway. I’m able to play my stock draw consistently with the APW about halfway to draw. I’m also able to hit a fade when the hole calls for it. I think I can tweak the APW a little for a tighter draw without losing my fade to the right. The adjustability is paying off big time for me.

Today’s round was wow. Fairways were pretty soaked and it’s cold so it’s not surprising I lost a few clubs of distance. What is surprising is I usually lose more distance on days like today. I expect this will be the third straight year of gaining distance with new Callaway drivers once posting season ends.

67% FIR with the Smoke Max on 12 shots. That was also after having to adjust to a new delivery that had me coming more in to out. I usually live around 40%. Forgiveness toe side is stupid silly. I hit one tee ball that I immediately started waiting for the ball to hook hard. It found the middle of the fairway. I’m able to play my stock draw consistently with the APW about halfway to draw. I’m also able to hit a fade when the hole calls for it. I think I can tweak the APW a little for a tighter draw without losing my fade to the right. The adjustability is paying off big time for me.
More forgiveness and improved accuracy is great.

Yesterday we had three Ai Smoke drivers in the group. One glorious swing, and this guy out drove @Wildcat , @MSEASU , and @Doubleb21

I double down with a perfect UW. Only GIR in 2 in group too!

It only happened once. So I absolutely have to brag! I took a run at the Eagle. Didn’t leave it short.

View attachment 9247615
beautiful drive followed by a even better UW shot! Was fun to watch. Your driver looks nice And performed well when I tried it on the range!

Buddy of mine called today and said he wanted to go buy a new driver. He wanted the ping 10k after he hit it when we went to the PGASS a few months ago. He hit it, but wasn’t hitting it great. Put together a cobra and tried a few shafts and he was hitting it ok but just didn’t like it. Store guy put him into a ping 430 SFT and that straightened it up a little and he was liking that. I thought he might like the TM and we tried that but it was definitely a no. I said he needed to at least give the AI smoke a try since we were there. 2 swings I. He goes “I hate to say this but I really like this one”. Once he said that I cleared all the shots off the computer and had him. Hit 5 with everything he liked. The Smoke was 15 yards longer, better laun angle and spin. Tried another shaft and he really liked it. Ended up in the AISmoke max D 10.5 with the Denali 6.0.

I’m a little bit sad I didn’t get fit into 💎💎💎, loved the look at address and the feel, plus the flight when I got one good just felt so much better than standard Paradym from last year. TSR3 was just hard for me to not go for, is giving me a neutral flight and has been super easy to hit. Might end up getting one to play around with later on in the cycle since I have a better idea now of how to get it built… and it just looks SO GOOD

Got driver finally!

Attachments

• 20240311_123501.jpg
    20240311_123501.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
The DENALI BLUE passes the waggle test and how it feels swing on my back patio with snow melting around me.

Yes, it does fit. It's also the same size and thread pitch as the sole weights on the Mavrik Max, they're all interchangeable.

I also discovered that the front weight on the Ai Smoke Max is blue Loctite'd in place, so don't be surprised when it's a little stubborn coming out.

Thank you for this info., it is incredibly helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine called today and said he wanted to go buy a new driver. He wanted the ping 10k after he hit it when we went to the PGASS a few months ago. He hit it, but wasn’t hitting it great. Put together a cobra and tried a few shafts and he was hitting it ok but just didn’t like it. Store guy put him into a ping 430 SFT and that straightened it up a little and he was liking that. I thought he might like the TM and we tried that but it was definitely a no. I said he needed to at least give the AI smoke a try since we were there. 2 swings I. He goes “I hate to say this but I really like this one”. Once he said that I cleared all the shots off the computer and had him. Hit 5 with everything he liked. The Smoke was 15 yards longer, better laun angle and spin. Tried another shaft and he really liked it. Ended up in the AISmoke max D 10.5 with the Denali 6.0.
Im not surprised, the Smoke is legit this year. I’ve not hit it inside much, did he say how he liked or disliked the sound? Some have reported it as not quite as muted as the Paradyms, but for me playing it outdoors, I generally don’t feel a big difference

Im not surprised, the Smoke is legit this year. I’ve not hit it inside much, did he say how he liked or disliked the sound? Some have reported it as not quite as muted as the Paradyms, but for me playing it outdoors, I generally don’t feel a big difference
He did t comment on the sound. To me it was a nice solid sound

Just wondering if there was a reason for the bolder statement? Not a fan of past Callaway drivers?

Just wondering if there was a reason for the bolder statement? Not a fan of past Callaway drivers?
He’s just not been a big Callaway fan. Not had good results when he’s hit them before. I think it was much older tech though. I’ve been playing golf with him for over 20 years and shave only ever known him play cobra and TM drivers. Few hacks with drivers from others in our group that have different stuff on

12/14 fairways hit today, and one of the misses was with a 3W. The one miss with driver was a high pull that found a fairway bunker. The only thing this driver doesn't do is swing itself while I sit down and have a drink.

12/14 fairways hit today, and one of the misses was with a 3W. The one miss with driver was a high pull that found a fairway bunker. The only thing this driver doesn't do is swing itself while I sit down and have a drink.
Pretty much point and shoot. :LOL: Your confidence on the tee must be so high. I really like seeing your results for fairways hit each time you post. It's really increasing my anticipation to get my Max D into play.

He’s just not been a big Callaway fan. Not had good results when he’s hit them before. I think it was much older tech though. I’ve been playing golf with him for over 20 years and shave only ever known him play cobra and TM drivers. Few hacks with drivers from others in our group that have different stuff on
That’s really cool that he gave it a shot and it ended up being the best fit!

I‘m on spring break with the family, but my thoughts keep circling back to the driver. It is a rocket launcher that really shines with mishits. I’m seeing exactly the distance is expect 240ish on good hits and excellent hits are rewarded with 260+! Mishits aren’t punished at all, my average there is round 237. Couple that with this being a fairway finder off the tee… even terrible shots really end up in the first cut!

I'm glad he gave it a shot!! There has been some Callaway drivers in the past that I have not gotten along with but the smoke is built different and I am glad I was able to give it a shot this year also!!!

Got in 18 with my buddy and his new AI Smoke driver yesterday. I've never seen him hit driver so well in the 20+ years I've been playing with him. Longer and straighter than he's ever hit any driver.

Two days of Ai Smoke at Briggs Ranch and two days of hitting it really well.
I can’t get enough of this thing. I keep getting older and weaker and I am hitting driver further and better than I have in years.

There is something to this one, that is just special for me.

I can’t get enough of this thing. I keep getting older and weaker and I am hitting driver further and better than I have in years.

So good to hear. I've just picked one up and I'm hoping it does good things for me as well.

Got in 18 with my buddy and his new AI Smoke driver yesterday. I've never seen him hit driver so well in the 20+ years I've been playing with him. Longer and straighter than he's ever hit any driver.
They are the real deal. Just effortless

I can attest to this driver for him. He lined one through the fairway into the bunker and his statement was “That’s over 280 yards. There is now way that’s me.”

Back