SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Awesome buddy, congrats on the new additions. Good luck moving forward and lean on Ted, I really think the guy enjoys being able to help all of us. If you feel comfortable posting your videos here, I'd love to see them. I won't critique them, we are all learning and thats Teds job, its just fun seeing the changes a person makes over time. I might even see if I can find an old video of before SeeMore training and after to show where my stance has changed.

Congrats again and welcome to the family!

I know I deleted the videos off my BlackBerry, but I can see if they are saved through my email...

Looking good couldbeu, you may find a small adjustment with alignment until your eyes get used to the new positionning. I'm not a fan of a CS but I have to say this one looks like I could use it if you stood on the right side of the ball! I have that same Feeltec grip and I'm sure you'll love it as well!

Here's the videos I've been sending to Ted... I apologize for the low quality... but these were taken with my BlackBerry and it's in my ManCave...

The way I putted before SeeMore:

I'm using my Nike Method 002 33.5" 2* Flat
Spoiler

Down the line:

Head on:

Obviously Ted filled me in on a little bit of the SeeMore putting philosophy... and I made some adjustments. he also told me he would like to see me in a 34"-34.5" putter. I have the Nike Method 003 in a 34" 2* Flat, so I switched to that putter.
Spoiler

And this was taken before a morning round... so I'm dressed in Sligo ready to go...

Ted told me things looked good, but I might want to watch my shoulders... they were getting a little rounded, which has a tendency to make me lift the putter with the hands and can make me want to take it to the ouside.
Here's the adjustments I made after I got home from work.
Spoiler

Ted was happy with what he was seeing... this is the info he used to help match me up with the mFGP putter and specs...
He wanted me a little further from the ball so we went with 34.5" in length, he liked the lie angle so we kept it at 69*. I wanted to get the larger grip to help take the hands out a little more.
These are the videos I sent Ted last night after putting for a few minutes...
Spoiler

Down the line:

Head on:

I'll keep reporting back as I get more info...

Last edited:
Looks great- I know how excited I was waiting for mine! Is the face on that just smooth? I have an original FGP with the milled but yours looks smooth.

My last video I sent to Ted he said if he was being very picky on the head on view you can see I was letting my left elbow flair out on my follow through.
So I made a quick adjustsment and sent him this video after I got out of work last night.

Spoiler
[video=youtube;uAEwu-dKq58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEwu-dKq58[/video]

My last video I sent to Ted he said if he was being very picky on the head on view you can see I was letting my left elbow flair out on my follow through.
So I made a quick adjustsment and sent him this video after I got out of work last night.

Spoiler
[video=youtube;uAEwu-dKq58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEwu-dKq58[/video]

Sounds and looks like your making solid headway. Keep up the work you will be dropping strokes right and left.

I wanted to say that this thread rules.

There is some amazing info in here that I think has really helped me. I will admit to being very skeptical of the actual Seemore technique in the past. Mostly because I interpreted poorly and executed it even worse. I feel like I really understand it after watching some of these videos.

The one that really gave me an 'Aha!' moment was the one about keeping shoulders back to avoid manipulating the stroke. That just made sense and it actually works.

This is one of the best THP threads ever.

Hawk - glad to see that it is working for you! Agreed that it is very cool that it can even help forum members that may not even be using a SeeMore putter.

Hawk - glad to see that it is working for you! Agreed that it is very cool that it can even help forum members that may not even be using a SeeMore putter.

Agreed... I started putting a better after talking to ted a few times and watching the SeeMore videos. But the SeeMore makes sure that I get set-up the same way everytime. Just like a free throw shooter stands at in the line in the same spot everytime... It's really about consistency.

And besides the shoulders back... the other tip that has helped me is to keep my weight on the balls of my feet. I was flat footed before. And at the same time, don't let it get too far on your toes...

There is some amazing info in here that I think has really helped me. I will admit to being very skeptical of the actual Seemore technique in the past. Mostly because I interpreted poorly and executed it even worse. I feel like I really understand it after watching some of these videos.

The one that really gave me an 'Aha!' moment was the one about keeping shoulders back to avoid manipulating the stroke. That just made sense and it actually works.

Thanks Hawk... that means alot.

Agreed... I started putting a better after talking to ted a few times and watching the SeeMore videos. But the SeeMore makes sure that I get set-up the same way everytime. Just like a free throw shooter stands at in the line in the same spot everytime... It's really about consistency.

You summed it up great there. After a while you'll notice you setup becomes second nature and the only thing you need to worry about is line and pace. Putting is hard enough and Seemore helps by making the controlled variables a lot easier.

Good to hear its helping. The shoulders back helps me keep the line as well and actually helps me release the club head rather than short jabbing it, if that makes sense. Now if I can keep from peeking I'll be good to go.

Very cool. Thanks for the kind words. The Aha moments, I only wish I had more myself! The shoulders comment was from Duey and Ted right?

Very cool. Thanks for the kind words. The Aha moments, I only wish I had more myself! The shoulders comment was from Duey and Ted right?

It was in a video with Ted I think?

This was in the video training and then Ted noticed it as a problem in my setup and suggested I square up better.

A couple things to touch on after yesterdays round. First off this putter really sucks at Drag putting. Every time I was ready to try it I made my putt, so I got almost no drag putting practice in. Actually I found myself getting a bit handsy yesterday, even though I felt really solid in every part of my setup. It took me a couple holes before I realized it was my grip. My standard grip is more of an overlap, but Ted is trying to break me of that and once I got my hands separated, but touching I found it very difficult to turn or open close the head during a stroke. Balls started dropping again. I will say that making these changes effects my distance control to a degree. With my shoulders back, my knees bent in more of an athletic posture and my grip in the right position I will leave a few putts short until I "find" my distance 'feel" again, if that makes sense.

A few questions for the other testers:

1. How are you gripping the putter?

2. What issues did you see in route to learning this setup?

3, Have you switched to another putter yet and if so how much do you continue to use the SeeMore setup?

4. If you had to pick one or two tips that helped you the most with this putter, what would they be?

5. Lastly, how is your SeeMore holding up?

I am a rightie and gripping right hand on bottom with no interlocking or overlapping (used to point index finger down shaft). Left thumb barely touches near where my right hand meets with wrist.

Initially was pushing putts and leaving them short (which I believe was more due to the insert). After watching the videos again about a month into it I realized I still had some bad habits at setup specific to ball position and grip that needed correcting.

3. Have you switched to another putter yet and if so how much do you continue to use the SeeMore setup?

No - and really have no desire even though I have rolled a few others but nothing that makes me want to change.

4. If you had to pick one or two tips that helped you the most with this putter, what would they be?

Hard to say - outside of the RST which has worked wonders, I have found that ball and grip position has made the biggest difference.

It is holding up very, very well. Glad to take a few pics if anyone wants to see. I did put the Super Stroke slim on it a few weeks ago and feel that has quieted my hands down some. Feel that has made the shorter putts within 6 feet more predictable and made me stop putting a death grip when nerves came into play.

Thanks Mcook, I'm seeing very similar things to you, but will hold off until I see what some others are seeing. I'd love to see a picture or two, I'll try to post some myself.

I received my SeeMore Blakc GunMetal mFGP CS last night... what a beauty! I almost don't want to putt with it and get it dirty, but it feel too good to leave it sitting around.
I picked out the Feel Tec Oversized Grip, I have(had) a tendency of using my hands and wrists too much, I'm hoping the larger grip helps me to loosen the grip up a little more and use my bigger muscles.
I got the Black SeeMore headcover as well as another Bronze colored one, that really stands out. I also just recently picked up one of the 2011 THP putter cover as well... So I'll have to see which one brings me the most luck and go that route.
Ted Also through in a Triangulator for me and I wanted to buy the Pat O'Brien DVD, but he through that in too! AWESOMENESS!

Here are a few pics:

IMG00121-20110824-2347.jpg

IMG00123-20110824-2348.jpg

IMG00126-20110824-2349.jpg

IMG00127-20110824-2350.jpg

IMG00128-20110824-2351.jpg

Awesome Putter!!!! Great choice... Hope she treats you well. I actually feel that Im getting better as time goes by with mine.Look forward to lots of updates

A few questions for the other testers:

3, Have you switched to another putter yet and if so how much do you continue to use the SeeMore setup?

1. I hold the grip with my top index straight down the side and my thumb on top. My bottom hand also has my index straight down with my 3 other fingers overlapping my top index finger and the bottom thumb pad over the top thumb. Not the recommended way but it works for me and keeps the hands dead quiet.

2. I took me a while to get used to the different sightline from having the putter dead in the middle of my stance with no forward press. It has since become second nature.

3. I haven't switched, but tried my old Yes! Same length and style as the Si4 but can't used to it. I wish my Si4 had a bit more weight in the head though, easier to keep online.

4. I wouldn't say tips, but just having a consistent setup with visual feedback is a big confidence booster. That and not trying to manipulate the stroke SBST but to naturally let it arc back and forth like Pat o'brien recommends.

5. It's holding up great but it has few small scratches on the bottom from a small rock that I thought was a pitch mark on the green!

Huge skim alert..

Would anyone say their putting stroke has been affected at all like do you feel more confident that you're coming through with better contact on the ball since testing with the different putters.

And would anyone say that their putting stats has improved. Less three putts and such?

I'd love to see a picture of the recommended grip from Seemore.

Huge skim alert..

Would anyone say their putting stroke has been affected at all like do you feel more confident that you're coming through with better contact on the ball since testing with the different putters.

And would anyone say that their putting stats has improved. Less three putts and such?

TC1: I would definitely say that I have TONS more confidence after going through the entire SeeMore process than I did before. Prior to this, I would experiment mid-round with forward pressing or changing grips, etc because I was having a bad putting day. I now have consistency in my setup that I can rely on. I have gone from averaging about 37 putts per round to about 33. I probably still average 1-2 (3) putts per round and that is typically from running a putt 5 or 6 feet past the hole getting too aggressive or mis-judging the speed of a green. Prior to this, I was averaging about 4-5 (3) putts per round.

Huge skim alert..

Good questions,

My putting stroke has definitely improved based on the simple fact that I'm always in the same position at address. If you're off a bit the RST will let you know. It has become much more consistent. I still make the odd bad stroke here and there, but to be honest they rarely happen where as last year I would hit the ground a lot more before hitting the ball.

I've never kept putting stats(I've recently gotten a GPS, so I'll be able to begin tracking that), but I know for a fact I've reduced my 3 putts. Basically barring a misread on line or speed I'm almost an automatic 2 putt. Where I've picked up a lot of putts is in the 8-12 ft range. I now go in thinking I have a good chance of making this instead of accepting a 2 putt. It's definitely made me a better and more consistent(there's that word again) putter. The confidence in my stroke allows me to focus more on reading the breaks and speeds of the putts.

Hope this helps!

Back