Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
Have the r9 now and was thinking about up grading, but was wondering if it was worth it and what how much better if any the r11 is?

Only way to tell is if you try it out!

I've tried the r11 against my r9, and I didn't like it as much. Felt more 'solid' at impact, if that makes sense. Just couldn't hit it like I do the R9. Which isn't to say it's not as good, just not for me.

Which shaft do you have in your R9? The Motore F1 in mine just felt better than the Blur in the R11 to me.

It's a stock still shaft, but not the f1. Can't remember of the top of my head.

It's a stock still shaft, but not the f1. Can't remember of the top of my head.

Chances are it's the Fuji Motore (not the F1 version). I didn't get on with this one quite as well for some reason. Might be worth taking the chance to hit the R11 if you can.

Both are really solid 3 woods. Both adjustable. Love the contrast of the R11.

I demoed a r11 4 wood side by side by my R9 4 wood and I just didnt see enough of an improvement in the r11 to justify making the change. Both were using standard stock shafts in Stiff and the neutral setting.

I loved the R9. When I first hit the R11, I really thought it was the one for me. I realized shortly there after that I greatly preferred the sound and performance of the R9. I have since found 4-5 FW woods that have just flat out outperformed the R11 for my game in this years equipment lineup.

I loved the R9, it was probably my most consistant club in my bag until I found another this August. Can't compare it to the R11 as i have never hit one but the R9 is amazing.

Back