T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Ming" THP Putter Demo Thread

I have been really busy at work, so I haven't gotten out as much as I have wanted too. I had it in the bag last Sunday. I used it for the first couple of holes. The golf balls felt really good off of the face of the putter. It has great weighting, but I could just not putt with it. I was pulling putts right, breaking my wrists, etc... My stepdad is a fan of blades so he put it in play the rest of the round. Let's just say I had to wrestle it from him after. He was putting lights out with it.
I'll try to get in some practice with it and post a complete write up this weekend.

Hey Bogey any more thoughts on the Ming? Curious minds want to know!!!

is that just for the Huey? I wouldnt mind keeping the Nellie :D

No matter what, TP Mills putters are sick and I would spend the money if I had it

Just goes for the Ming. I am going to put all the names in a hat and my 9 yr old daughter is going draw out the name.
If your thinking of bribing her, she likes mermaids, iPads, UNC basketball tickets, and sparkling earrings.

Just goes for the Ming. I am going to put all the names in a hat and my 9 yr old daughter is going draw out the name.
If your thinking of bribing her, she likes mermaids, iPads, UNC basketball tickets, and sparkling earrings.

:clapp:

It's on it's way to Jacob. I'll give a complete rundown tonight. Overall I thought its a fantastic looking putter. But I just struggled with the thin grip, and blade style. I would happy to be chosen to win it. I think my stepdad cried a little when I told him I had to send her on her way. He was burning up the greens with her. I would give the Ming to him.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Randy,
If UGA doesn't beat BSU, I am going to have remove your name from consideration! :devil:

I fully understand, I will be so ashamed I probably will be in the fetal position for days. :embarrassed:

Little Miss Craig? I can make a heck of a chocolate chip cookie.

Randy,
Are the fans already screaming for a new HC?

Some have been screaming for the past 2 years, so you know there is much talk about it after last night. I was asked about that in last nights thread on College Football and gave my answer over there. I still think 8/9 wins with a win over U of Fla keeps his job. Having said that, I am unsure we have the line on either side of the ball to get those wins for CMR, especially against UF.

It is here.

Oh my God.

First thoughts and pics in about 30 minutes, but I will go ahead and say, this putter looks SO much better in person than you can believe. It looks like a true expression of the art form, a da Vinci, a Piccaso. It has a raw, primitive look, and yet there is not a hair out of place, not a single misstep in the stampings. Oh, and the black oxide finish is GORGEOUS, even where it has started to show age.

I have always said I would never spend 300 on a putter, but just looking at this is making me question that.

Just took it and rolled it a bit. I promised pics, but the camera is crapping itself trying to take pictures inside, so I will wait till I get on course.

I used premium balls for this session.

I understand what you all mean by the audible feedback this beauty gives. I was so used to my insert putter that at first it came as a bit of a surprise. I will try my best to describe it for you readers.

For me, calling it a click is a disservice. This is no mere click. At its core, there is a deep, reassuring sound, soft yet assertive, like the voice of a great speaker. After this though, you hear the slightest of high notes, like a piano key being played as softly as possible. A subtle vibration crawls up to the fingertips on a good hit, a confirmation of a stroke well made.

I have taken 15 or so strokes, and I love this putter. It seems great for my moderately curved path. More testing will follow every night if possible. I am open to any questions.

I knew you would love that bad boy JR, it is a sweet putter for sure.

**ahem**

I TOLD YOU SO JACOB! Hehehehe

Seriously though, it so hard to put things like the sound into words, your description is way more elegant than my "plush" click Jacob.

Can't wait to hear more from ya bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your PM to see how much I am loving this thing. I can't wait to test it some more, it is beside me now and I am putting and posting at the same time, lol.
**ahem**

I TOLD YOU SO JACOB! Hehehehe

Seriously though, it so hard to put things like the sound into words, your description is way more elegant than my "plush" click Jacob.

Can't wait to hear more from ya bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No testing possible tonight or, probably, tomorrow night, but I am spending the whole day on the course Saturday. Gonna get some pics, might even show the forum my course while I am at it.

Looking forward to your thoughts and pictures, I know you will have a great time Saturday.

Looking forward to your thoughts and pictures, I know you will have a great time Saturday.

Yeah, I got some buddies taking the ACT that day, and since I already have a good score, I skipped out on it to play golf, so I am gonna head down to town with them, eat breakfast, play a round, eat lunch with them after they are done, and then play another round or two. The weather is just absolutely gorgeous.

I rolled some Scottys once. They were nice, but not great. Just nice.

Similarly, I have rolled Mizuno Betti's, Ping Redwoods, and an Odyssey TriHot. All "just nice."

This putter is more than just nice. I am smitten, and I haven't even hit the course yet.

Alas, in all goid relationships, there are a few minor annoyances, such as snoring, or leaving the toilet seat up.

I am speaking of the headcover. It, much like its contents, is beautiful. However, I REALLY wish it was magnetic instead of velcro. I think at this price, such an adjustment should be looked into.

Similarly, I have rolled Mizuno Betti's, Ping Redwoods, and an Odyssey TriHot. All "just nice."

This putter is more than just nice. I am smitten, and I haven't even hit the course yet.

Alas, in all goid relationships, there are a few minor annoyances, such as snoring, or leaving the toilet seat up.

I am speaking of the headcover. It, much like its contents, is beautiful. However, I REALLY wish it was magnetic instead of velcro. I think at this price, such an adjustment should be looked into.

Nice observation, I really did not think about that at all as I immediately placed the headcover in a safe place and used one of mine during the time I had the Ming. I know that I personally perfer the magnetic closure headcovers I have over the zipper and velcro ones. I agree 100% with you on this even though I really only opened the hc to take it off and only replaced it the one time for shipping.

Great putting day today. Speed control seemed better on the slower greens than usual. The putter produces a very smooth roll too.

You know Jacob, I used to be the same way, but I'm SO paranoid about my HC's not falling off to ensure there's no chance of my babies getting beat up which has happened to me a couple of times with magnetic enclosures and the Bettinardi style neoprene pull over (it stretches out) so that the Velcro has been nice. Although, I can safely say AM&E's newest magnetic covers are WAY WAY WAAAAAY stronger than they used to be. I get completely where you're coming from though, it just doesn't phase me like it used to.

Great putting day today. Speed control seemed better on the slower greens than usual. The putter produces a very smooth roll too.

Glad you're still loving it. Its a special little putter IMO.

Jacob got any pics? I'd love to see how the finish held up after this length testing session.

Back