T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Ming" THP Putter Demo Thread

I do, but I have not had time to upload them. I will try to get them up tonight. There is some definate wear on the bottom, but the rest of it is pristine.
Jacob got any pics? I'd love to see how the finish held up after this length testing session.

Here are a few pictures, though if I am honest, they are not really good, but I think they give a good idea of the look of the putter.

I think my favorite part of this putter after the sound is the look at address. It looks like it means business.

SDC10133.jpg

SDC10132.jpg

SDC10131.jpg

SDC10130.jpg

SDC10129.jpg

That's not bad AT ALL for as much play as this one has had and considering it probably hasn't had a silicone wipe down in a long while. Thanks for the pic's Jacob, I love the Mills Black-Ox, its the original and the best IMO.

That said, how goes it with this gem Jacob?

It goes well, very well. The moderate toe hang really suits my stroke much better than my #7 does. I can only get on course on the weekends, unfortunately, due to practice, so I only have one round on it. I am still in love, especially with the speed control I am getting. I was putting it closer to the hole on lags than my 7 on nearly every stroke, and as far as feel goes, there is simply no comparison.
That's not bad AT ALL for as much play as this one has had and considering it probably hasn't had a silicone wipe down in a long while. Thanks for the pic's Jacob, I love the Mills Black-Ox, its the original and the best IMO.

That said, how goes it with this gem Jacob?

thanks for pics JR. Putter still looks pretty damn good. I hope we cross paths again someday haha

Likewise, I am hoping it never leaves Hubbertville AL again!
thanks for pics JR. Putter still looks pretty damn good. I hope we cross paths again someday haha

About to go out and put my last round on this beauty. It's been fun, Ming, it's been fun.

About to go out and put my last round on this beauty. It's been fun, Ming, it's been fun.

Can't wait to read about it!

Hopefully you get your name drawn Jacob, it may never leave!

Sounds awesome! Hey guys, how much did it cost yall to ship this thing?
All right then. I will announce the winner Tuesday night! Good Luck to everyone.

Sounds awesome! Hey guys, how much did it cost yall to ship this thing?

Priority printed out on usps.com was like 10-11 bucks. At the post office its usually around 12-13 for a putter in my experience.

Okie-day. Thanks bud. Full write up tomorrow or tuesday.
Priority printed out on usps.com was like 10-11 bucks. At the post office its usually around 12-13 for a putter in my experience.

All right then. I will announce the winner Tuesday night! Good Luck to everyone.

I will be excited for who ever wins, they are getting a great putter, and I would certainly be very proud to be chosen, I would have it fitted to my specs and game it.

sweet! This was such an awesome idea from TP Mills. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

I have spent the last 30 minutes thinking of how I want to quantify the experience that I have had with this putter. We all already know that it is gorgeous, we all already know that the feel on a perfect strike is absolutely impeccable. You can see that from all the other reviews. In lieu of that kind of review, I decided to focus on three aspects that I don't feel have been adequately addressed thus far: confidence, value, and ambiance.

As you look down over the putter, something speaks to you. It is not a large head, not a massive sweet spot, but it is accessible, while still looking the part of a putter you would find in a tour bag. Knowing this, one can feel assured of their ability to strike the ball well. Such assurance is rare for me. My Odyssey, for a time, gave me this feeling, but it no longer satisfies. Whether this is simply a honeymoon period, I do not know. I do know, however, that for the brief time I held this club on every hole, I was less afraid of the result than with any other.

Value. For many, this putter is out of reach. For me, it is out of reach. $320 is a massive price to pay for a golf club. Before this testing, I do not believe I would have even considered buying an "ultra-premium" putter, which this most surely is. I now question that assertion. This putter, in no way, can be called good value. I am sorry, it just can't, and I honestly think that if I went out and picked up a similar putter (Cleveland Classic, for example) I would putt nearly as well. However, the experience, all the intangible, impossible to word qualities of this putter make it a near must buy for those who enjoy the shape and feel and have the proper finances. It performs like a dream, feels amazing, and looks sharp as hell, and I think that makes up for the price tag, at least most of it.

Ambiance. I touched on this in the previous paragraphs. There is an intangible aura of unsurpassed quality and design around this putter. It would not be hard to believe it was hand forged in a cave somewhere in the mountains, even though I know it was not. The milling on the face has a raw, garage like quality that in some way offsets the elegance of the rest of the putter, preventing it from seeming overdone or too polished. Everything about this putter is in proper homeostatic balance. The finish, which starts out smooth and black and oozing a kind of cocky, adolescent arrogance and beauty, will age over time, developing into a mature, wizened thing that is like an old friend, one that you meet on every hole. I like that. It's little touches like that that make this putter what it is, and what it is.... is brilliant.

Thats the best I can put it into words guys, but I will say that this review is woefully inadequate. This putter must be experience to be understood. Will it perform for you? I don't know, but it did for me. Will you like the looks? I don't know, but I did. Will you feel the way I feel about its intangible qualities? Probably not, but that is the best part. A club like this is a different thing to different people.

I will conclude with this. This is, in my limited experience, without a doubt the finest putter I have ever had the privilege to use. I thank TP Mills for the opportunity.

Ah, the second post is much better Jacob lol

Glad you liked it buddy, hell maybe your name will get drawn!

I have spent the last 30 minutes thinking of how I want to quantify the experience that I have had with this putter. We all already know that it is gorgeous, we all already know that the feel on a perfect strike is absolutely impeccable. You can see that from all the other reviews. In lieu of that kind of review, I decided to focus on three aspects that I don't feel have been adequately addressed thus far: confidence, value, and ambiance.As you look down over the putter, something speaks to you. It is not a large head, not a massive sweet spot, but it is accessible, while still looking the part of a putter you would find in a tour bag. Knowing this, one can feel assured of their ability to strike the ball well. Such assurance is rare for me. My Odyssey, for a time, gave me this feeling, but it no longer satisfies. Whether this is simply a honeymoon period, I do not know. I do know, however, that for the brief time I held this club on every hole, I was less afraid of the result than with any other.Value. For many, this putter is out of reach. For me, it is out of reach. $320 is a massive price to pay for a golf club. Before this testing, I do not believe I would have even considered buying an "ultra-premium" putter, which this most surely is. I now question that assertion. This putter, in no way, can be called good value. I am sorry, it just can't, and I honestly think that if I went out and picked up a similar putter (Cleveland Classic, for example) I would putt nearly as well. However, the experience, all the intangible, impossible to word qualities of this putter make it a near must buy for those who enjoy the shape and feel and have the proper finances. It performs like a dream, feels amazing, and looks sharp as hell, and I think that makes up for the price tag, at least most of it. Ambiance. I touched on this in the previous paragraphs. There is an intangible aura of unsurpassed quality and design around this putter. It would not be hard to believe it was hand forged in a cave somewhere in the mountains, even though I know it was not. The milling on the face has a raw, garage like quality that in some way offsets the elegance of the rest of the putter, preventing it from seeming overdone or too polished. Everything about this putter is in proper homeostatic balance. The finish, which starts out smooth and black and oozing a kind of cocky, adolescent arrogance and beauty, will age over time, developing into a mature, wizened thing that is like an old friend, one that you meet on every hole. I like that. It's little touches like that that make this putter what it is, and what it is.... is brilliant.Thats the best I can put it into words guys, but I will say that this review is woefully inadequate. This putter must be experience to be understood. Will it perform for you? I don't know, but it did for me. Will you like the looks? I don't know, but I did. Will you feel the way I feel about its intangible qualities? Probably not, but that is the best part. A club like this is a different thing to different people. I will conclude with this. This is, in my limited experience, without a doubt the finest putter I have ever had the privilege to use. I thank TP Mills for the opportunity.

Jacob, you ok buddy? Computer issues perhaps? lol

Lol, guess he was excited. I am as well. Good luck everyone, this beauty is about to have a new home. Thanks Captain!

oops. Afraid that would happen. Internets screwy.

Edit.

There, I fixed. I have Sat. Internet and it has been storming. Yikes.

oops. Afraid that would happen. Internets screwy.

Edit.

There, I fixed. I have Sat. Internet and it has been storming. Yikes.

Haha, I thought maybe you'd just developed a forum stutter! hehehe

Lol, that is funny. I will do a writeup strictly on performance later, maybe tonight.
Haha, I thought maybe you'd just developed a forum stutter! hehehe

Craig, just remember, I have a great cookie recipe....

Hello all. I am getting ready to have Grace pull the name out of the hat. Just waiting for her to get herself cleaned up from Ballet practice. Should be about 7:45 to 8:00.

Hello all. I am getting ready to have Grace pull the name out of the hat. Just waiting for her to get herself cleaned up from Ballet practice. Should be about 7:45 to 8:00.

The man speaketh! lol

Back