iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Thanks for the pics guys, it really isn't as big as I thought it might be.

Nice Tacoma Grant!

Thanks dude. I will give you some better pics in the car thread.

Hey guys,

just got back from the driving range and decided to do a little different comparison today. I decided to compare the new and improved iCaddi against a wet towel followed by a dry towel as most people on THP say this is what they do on the course. I was interested to see how well the wet/dry combo did so here are my results:

Spoiler
THP003.jpg

comparing the length of the two iCaddis

Spoiler
THP005.jpg

another comparison picture

Spoiler
THP006.jpg

The new iCaddi on the bag. Much shorter than the original which is why I like it.

Spoiler
THP007.jpg

wet/dry combo clubs I cleaned

Spoiler
THP011-1.jpg

afterwards

Spoiler
THP012-1.jpg

afterwards closeup

Spoiler
THP009-1.jpg

Clubs I cleaned with the iCaddi

Spoiler
THP014.jpg

iCaddi after cleaning

Spoiler
THP015-1.jpg

iCaddi after cleaning closeup. Much cleaner in the grooves than the wet/dry combo

The comparison to me isnt really that close to be honest. The iCaddi got down in the grooves a lot better than the wet/dry combo. I really think those closeup pictures show it pretty well. While the wet/dry combo got the surface dirt off, it couldnt get down in the grooves.

I also think the new iCaddi performed better today when I was able to use both hands because I wasnt filming. I really like this new iCaddi and think the size,color, and new fabric make it a winner.

If anyone has any questions let me know

bump.. I think this is a great comparison for those who dont have a good towel..

Well Sunday is usually a big day for me to go get in at least 18, but with the showers looming I decided to try and hit the driving range before the storm.. I got through about half a of a large bucket before it started pouring, but luckily got a couple dirty clubs to clean with the iCaddi to show you guys.

Spoiler
002.jpg

Spoiler
003.jpg

Spoiler
003.jpg

I will say I am very impressed by how well the iCaddi worked for me today. The rain made the ground super soggy so any divot was covering my clubs in mud as you can see in the picture. If you use the iCaddi before the mud dries onto the clubs it works extremely well, and this softer material is actually something Im buying into on the new iCaddi now.

These clubs get just as clean as using a wet towel and a brush and it takes half the time. I think this week I am going to try cleaning my grips with the iCaddi and see how that works. Apparently it is made to clean grips as well, but I have not really utilized that at all yet.

Thanks again :thp: and Vatten inc for allowing me this awesome opportunity. Once again I am open to any questions/tests that people might want to see, but if you didnt read it previously, my test of a wet/dry towel vs. the iCaddi was a very interesting comparison.

Appreciate all the pix and comparisons. Still not sure I would buy one of these as it seems like another thing I would have to carry as I use my towel for more than just cleaning clubs.

Appreciate all the pix and comparisons. Still not sure I would buy one of these as it seems like another thing I would have to carry as I use my towel for more than just cleaning clubs.

Howzat, not trying to sell you on the iCaddi, but what else are you using your towels for? The new iCaddi is quite a bit smaller and I dont think it would be cumbersome to take onto the green anymore

Howzat, not trying to sell you on the iCaddi, but what else are you using your towels for? The new iCaddi is quite a bit smaller and I dont think it would be cumbersome to take onto the green anymore

I use a larger towel and use one end for wiping clubs and the other to dry my hands and wipe my face. So basically It would be in addition to my towel and although it doesn't weigh much it would be something extra to deal with. I walk 99% of the time and carry my bag.

Ok good to hear. Just curious. I ususally ride so I dont so much notice the extra little towel on my bag.

Received my upgraded towel yesterday while I was celebrating my brothers birthday and played today but didn't get a chance to test it out. I like the same feel the the size is much better in my opinion. I'll be playing a round this week so I'll be testing it before the weekend Love the color much better than the orange.

I use a larger towel and use one end for wiping clubs and the other to dry my hands and wipe my face. So basically It would be in addition to my towel and although it doesn't weigh much it would be something extra to deal with. I walk 99% of the time and carry my bag.
well our idea actually came from the big towel, i walk or use a push cart as well and i used a large towel for the same purpose and didnt like the fact the towel had to be drenched for cleaning my clubs. sometimes i would get my gloves and pants wet cuz im a little clumpsy so wanted to combine the towel with the same functions as a normal towel and that is where our idea of icaddi came about. inner layer of the towel is used for clubs and grip then the outside of the towel was meant to be used for hands, face and etc. that was the concept behind our towel. if you have any questions let me know thank you THP and testers!!

I was able to get a set of 9 holes in on Friday and Saturday of this weekend. I played with SethO on Friday and just a quick nine at the local muni on Saturday. Here are the results of each day.

Test Date: 9/16/2011
Weather: Nice overcast day. 85* temp. The course was really dry and hard.

I made it out with SethO for a quick nine after he got off of work. The course was still pretty dry and the clubs stayed mostly clean through out the round. My wedges tended to get the dirtiest during the nine holes. The iCaddie did a great job of getting into the grooves and cleaning the wedges off. As I was telling Seth during the round, that I thought the iCaddie did a great job of cleaning clubs. I feel that even though the iCaddie doesn't get all the way down in to the grooves, like a brush. It cleans them good enough to get great contact with the ball and put spin on the ball. On thing that I did notice, due to the soft greens, that my ball kept getting really dirty. The iCaddie was also to have around for cleaning the ball after each hole. I loved this feature. I think I am going to try and carry it to the green again. The small compact version might work out better this time for me.

Test Date: 9/16/2011
Weather: Nice overcast day. 75* temp. The course was damp from a fresh rain that morning.

I was able to get some good testing in on a wet day. It rained that morning and the course was damp. It wasn't really soaked, but the fairways and greens would get your balls and clubs wet each hit. I was going to get some video in, but I ended up pairing up with a random twosome. I thought it would be awkward trying to get some video with them around. HAHA The iCaddie had no problems with the wetter clubs and balls. It did a great job cleaning each club I used it on. I really love having this towel on my bag. It does a great job giving you a fresh club or ball to play with. I think the compact version is the way to go too. It doesn't get in the way much and does everything you need from a towel.

All in all, from the two test days. I can tell you from my experience with the towel that it just flat out preforms for a towel. I know many of you think you are just fine with a wet stinky towel and a dry one. I think if you had the iCaddie you would change your mind. It is so easy to prep and deal with during the round. My hands never get wet from it or you don't have to re-wet it. I think if you took a chance with it, you would be really surprised how much you would fall in love with it. I hope to get out this week to do some more testing with the iCaddie. I know I a least plan on making it to the range for some iron work.

Great updates, gentlemen. After seeing your pics comparing the two on the bag, I have to say the new one is much better in terms of size.

TH, I'm very impressed with the before/after comparison pics. It looks like the iCaddi performed really well. I want it.

Great updates, gentlemen. After seeing your pics comparing the two on the bag, I have to say the new one is much better in terms of size.

TH, I'm very impressed with the before/after comparison pics. It looks like the iCaddi performed really well. I want it.

I would strongly suggest it Hawk. The pictures tell the story, the iCaddi works very very well

Once it comes out in retail locations I'm going to grab one.

Once it comes out in retail locations I'm going to grab one.

Couldn't one of us send you one? I mean we do now have two towels. I'm sure you'd rather have a new one but it couldn't hurt?

I mean unless JB/Mike have a problem with it. I'm just throwing that option out there.

That's really generous of you, but no worries. I'll gladly buy one up once they are available on the site. From what I've seen, this is a company I'd like to support :)

well our idea actually came from the big towel, i walk or use a push cart as well and i used a large towel for the same purpose and didnt like the fact the towel had to be drenched for cleaning my clubs. sometimes i would get my gloves and pants wet cuz im a little clumpsy so wanted to combine the towel with the same functions as a normal towel and that is where our idea of icaddi came about. inner layer of the towel is used for clubs and grip then the outside of the towel was meant to be used for hands, face and etc. that was the concept behind our towel. if you have any questions let me know thank you THP and testers!!

I must not quite get it. I don't see that there is enough room to keep an area separate to wipe my face with the one end being the water pocket. I guess I like the fact that with a towel i can use one end for cleaning the clubs and the other end for my face. Would it be possible to put the water pocket in the middle so that you could still have each end free? I guess that would make the towel too long an cause other issues. Sorry just thinking out loud apparently.

Some very good reviews in here guys, I must admit I like the 2.0 version MUCH better. Im in need of a new towel and I think I will have to give this a look when I can find one locally

Some very good reviews in here guys, I must admit I like the 2.0 version MUCH better. Im in need of a new towel and I think I will have to give this a look when I can find one locally

Its much better. Those comparison pictures between the wet/dry vs the new iCaddi tell the story I think. It cleans your clubs better in half the time, and that is really invaluable to me. If it cleans the grips well (plan on testing this tomorrow) then they may have an even better product than I thought

Really liking the new size. I have to say you guys are doing an amazing job in here. The company is taking your feedback and using it to better their product. Outstanding!

Really liking the new size. I have to say you guys are doing an amazing job in here. The company is taking your feedback and using it to better their product. Outstanding!

One of the truly amazing things about THP Testing. It really makes all the hard work and fun that much better. Knowing that a company is taking our advice to heart and revamping their product at least partially based on our findings! I love it

I do think it's pretty amazing that your input has helped improve the product. Great job, guys. It's not an easy task to review an item like this and you've done a really good job at it.

I must not quite get it. I don't see that there is enough room to keep an area separate to wipe my face with the one end being the water pocket. I guess I like the fact that with a towel i can use one end for cleaning the clubs and the other end for my face. Would it be possible to put the water pocket in the middle so that you could still have each end free? I guess that would make the towel too long an cause other issues. Sorry just thinking out loud apparently.
unfortunately we are not able to put the pocket in the middle thats a great idea though.. ill make a note of that and see what we can do.. thank you for your input.

Mike,

Why isn't it possible? I just made a rough sketch of how it could work out . I'll attach the drawing it a second. Pretty much your taking the towel and putting it in thirds. You keep the water packet in the middle with the dry on one end. With another dry art on the other side for the face/drying grips. It's not a pocket. But just another idea. Take a look...

F86A28D5-orig.jpg

Last edited:
I do think it's pretty amazing that your input has helped improve the product. Great job, guys. It's not an easy task to review an item like this and you've done a really good job at it.

Hawk,
I think I have done enough testing with the original towel and posted my findings, so I would be happy to send you my black one for you to test and post your own review if you would like. We could always use more opinions and I think Mike would enjoy them too. Just pm your address.

After this weekend's rounds.....
I like the shorter version that Mike sent me and it has now found a permanent home on my bag.(even though it's blue)
The longer fibers seem to get down into the grooves and do a little better job of cleaning. I have also found that if I clean the clubs right after the shot, I have no problem cleaning them pretty well. But...if I stick the club in the bag and then try to clean it before the next shot with it, the dirt has dried in the grooves and I either have to really work at it to get it clean, or I have to grab the brush. (note to self...always clean right after the shot!)
I will be posting more reviews about the shorter version towel after my next round this coming weekend.

Back