Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four top 25 teams in a row? While I agree its not the SEC it's also not the ACC or Pac 10.

I think Wisconsin could be competitive in the SEC, but that's about it. Clearly Nebraska isn't all that great, that was proven in the mediocrity known as the Big 12. Michigan and Illinois? Palease! There's a couple of ACC schools that would be just fine in the Big 10.

Four top 25 teams in a row? While I agree its not the SEC it's also not the ACC or Pac 10.

I think Wisconsin could be competitive in the SEC, but that's about it. Clearly Nebraska isn't all that great, that was proven in the mediocrity known as the Big 12. Michigan and Illinois? Palease! There's a couple of ACC schools that would be just fine in the Big 10.

The problem with the Big 10 is that if OSU, Penn St, and Michigan are down, the entire conference is weak. This year, the conference is weak. Wisconsin this year can compete with Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma. But that is a rarity.

And that's b/c of Russell Wilson. He's a difference maker and it's funny to me that he's an ACC guy, who while was good, wasn't that good.

And that's b/c of Russell Wilson. He's a difference maker and it's funny to me that he's an ACC guy, who while was good, wasn't that good.

That offensive line and those running backs can make a lot of people look good.

That offensive line and those running backs can make a lot of people look good.

Aren't most of those guys from the squad last year? I think Russell Wilson's been a great addition. Even a silly Wiscansinite should be able to admit that.

The problem with the Big 10 is that if OSU, Penn St, and Michigan are down, the entire conference is weak. This year, the conference is weak. Wisconsin this year can compete with Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma. But that is a rarity.

But, could they compete on a weekly basis against Alabama, LSU, etc? Some of the SEC schedules are downright brutal, week in and week out.

Aren't most of those guys from the squad last year? I think Russell Wilson's been a great addition. Even a silly Wiscansinite should be able to admit that.

The running backs were on last years squad. They lost 3 staring o-linemen though. One was a first round pick and another was a mid round pick (if I remember right). Wilson is a HUGe addition. No doubting or denying that. He looks like he is the missing piece for the Badgers to be really competitive on a national stage.

But, could they compete on a weekly basis against Alabama, LSU, etc? Some of the SEC schedules are downright brutal, week in and week out.

To be honest, I don't know. This year I think they could. But SEC teams also schedule some cupcakes, as breathers from the conference schedule.

Taken from the network

Bad news for the Gators, I think Driskell will develop but not in a week. LSU dodges a bullet, but I'm kinda hoping we see a lot of Burton in the wildcat with the two speedsters.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- No. 17 Florida will be without quarterback John Brantley at top-ranked LSU on Saturday.
Gators coach Will Muschamp says Brantley has a lower leg injury that won't require surgery and will be sidelined at least a week. Muschamp says he will update Brantley's status every Monday.
Freshman Jeff Driskel is expected to start against the Tigers, but Muschamp says fellow freshmen Jacoby Brissett and Tyler Murphy will get repetitions in practice this week.
Brantley injured his leg on a sack late in the first half of Saturday night's 38-10 loss to Alabama. He was helped to the locker room and did not return.
Brantley, a fifth-year senior, has completed 62 percent of his passes for 518 yards, with four touchdowns and an interception.

TC, while I'm quite embarrassed and very angry with Bo, Martinez and the secondary, I wouldn't say it's clear that Nebraska isn't all that great, but I would say a great team beat the crap out of the Huskers for sure.

To be honest, I don't know. This year I think they could. But SEC teams also schedule some cupcakes, as breathers from the conference schedule.

SEC teams may have 2-3 cupcake games scheduled per year as opposed to Boise St. who has what, 7-8 per year if not more??

LSU is the only team to play 3 ranked opponents in their first 4 games. Beat them all not to mention all were on the road.

Now that's a real team's schedule...

SEC teams may have 2-3 cupcake games scheduled per year as opposed to Boise St. who has what, 7-8 per year if not more??

LSU is the only team to play 3 ranked opponents in their first 4 games. Beat them all not to mention all were on the road.

I have not / will not question LSU's schedule.

technically true, but the Oregon game was practically a home game for ya'll. And I'm sure bama has played 3 ranked teams, as well as Clemson.

Not discrediting LSU at all, but should we really refer to Mississippi State as a ranked team? Yes, they were ranked at the time, but come on, it's Mississippi State.

technically true, but the Oregon game was practically a home game for ya'll.

Lot closer to us than to Oregon that's for sure but still a 6 hour drive...a bit too far for me to make unfortunately.

Not discrediting LSU at all, but should we really refer to Mississippi State as a ranked team? Yes, they were ranked at the time, but come on, it's Mississippi State.

True...can't argue that one. But ranked is ranked. You can blame the polls on that one.

Poor State is always in the doghouse it seems....

Lot closer to us than to Oregon that's for sure but still a 6 hour drive...a bit too far for me to make unfortunately.

That blows, hell I thought the whole state packed up and went over. It was crazy to see that much yellow and purple in the stadium.

True...can't argue that one. But ranked is ranked. You can blame the polls on that one.

Poor State is always in the doghouse it seems....

It doesnt bother me one bit to watch them struggle.

And you're right, ranked is ranked, a win is a win.

That blows, hell I thought the whole state packed up and went over. It was crazy to see that much yellow and purple in the stadium.

Oregon doesnt travel well. I figured it to be 50/50 last year in Arizona, but it wasnt even close.

Believe me I would have been there if I could. Have a six month old and couldn't get a hall pass from the wife to be gone for that much time...

No. 8 Gorillas Hit The Road to Battle Tigers Saturday

PITTSBURG — The Pittsburg State University football team will travel to Hays, Kan., to face Fort Hays State University Saturday (Oct. 8) in Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association play.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, improved to 5-0 on the season with a thrilling 38-35 victory over then No. 1 ranked Northwest Missouri State University in The Fall Classic X at Arrowhead last Saturday (Oct. 1). The win helped the Gorillas improve to 4-0 in MIAA play, maintaining a tie for first place in the conference standings with No. 5 Washburn. Pitt State climbed seven spots to No. 8 in this week's AFCA/NCAA Division II Top 25 poll Monday (Oct. 3).

Fort Hays State improved to 2-3 overall and 2-2 in the MIAA with a 24-21 road win over Lincoln University last Saturday (Oct. 1) at Jefferson City, Mo. The win helped the Tigers halt a three-gam losing streak and level their record at 2-2 in the MIAA standings. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. (CDT) at Lewis Field Stadium.

This will be the 71st all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Tigers in a series that dates all the way back to the 1915 season. Pitt State holds a commanding 44-17-9 advantage in the series. The Gorillas are 19-9-6 vs. the Tigers at Hays and 24-8-3 vs. the Tigers in Pittsburg all-time.Pitt State is 18-0-1 in its last 19 meetings against Fort Hays State, including seven straight victories. The Gorillas are 9-0-1 in the last 10 match-ups at Hays. The last FHSU win over Pitt State happened in a 35-30 decision at Hays on Oct. 14, 1978. Last year, Pitt State pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 38-21 victory over FHSU on Oct. 23, 2010 at Hays. Quarterback Zac Dickey rushed for 125 yards and two TDs to lead the Gorillas.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=379699

Awesome start for Pitt State! Hope they can keep up that undefeated start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back