waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of UK mags seem to be giving this rave reviews, anyone tried one?

Haven't had a chance to roll any of the newer Mizuno putters, but they look fairly nice. They have grooves on the face, but they just look like straight cut grooves rather than roll grooves from a first look.

Classic Anser-shaped, but not a lot to make it stand out from the crowd on looks alone, for me.

Just got mine to compare to the Ghost spider I am using at the moment. Pics and performance will be posted tomorrow.

Had a coupe of rounds with it and I am really happy with it. Coming from a Ghost Spider I tend to find the spider helps me line up putts slightly better with all the alignment aids and markings but the feel off this putter is amazing. I am sinking long puts and getting the weight of the put just right. I prefer the solid face rather than the soft insert and found instead of falling short in a putt I am slight past the whole which I prefer. Highly recommended and will update with my progress on it in due course. Bit pricey but good value, ended up costing around £129.99 but it is well made and looks fantastic.

6235458522_25e4c4de0b.jpg
6234929275_e2ec625ee6.jpg
6234937217_d73258c4fa.jpg

Interesting, I didn't even know Mizuno made putters.

Cool pics waz. I knew mizzy had partnered with Bettinardi to make a few putters, but that's downright cool. Anyone know if they sell them here in the states?

BDG

Looks like a nice piece of kit!

How is the weighting on it? Is it heavy or light? Are the grooves quite deep and there to serve a purpose, or just cosmetic?

Most importantly - how does it roll? :D

That's a really nice putter. I love the very basic look. It it really sleek.

Nice, plain putter.... Let us know on the fee and/or roll

Cool pics waz. I knew mizzy had partnered with Bettinardi to make a few putters, but that's downright cool. Anyone know if they sell them here in the states?

BDG
They arent available here in the states.

Interesting, I didn't even know Mizuno made putters.
They made putters back in the '80s and early '90s, then outsourced their putters to T.P. Mills and, more recently, Bettinardi. Mizuno got out of the putter market for a year or 2 and just recently got back in on a very limited basis with these MP Craft putters.
Dont look for them to be available in North America anytime soon though. There simply isnt enough marketshare in putters for it to make sense for Mizuno from a business standpoint.
A person could always get one imported from the UK or Japan, but they already go for a premium and the import costs and hassles associated with that make it so that youd have to REALLY want one for it to be worth it.

In the UK Mizuno fetch a premium, I paid around £130 which is more than majority of Ping and Taylormade putters.

The balls rolls really well and the feeling is great. Since I switched from the the Ghost spider to this I seem to be getting my weight and distance on my putts more accurate. I like the simple looks and bought it based on rave reviews in the UK where it seems to be regarded as one off the best putters for feels and accuracy. Would well recommend a roll but if importing it will be pricey!

Last month in the UK I saw this in a pro shop. Looked and felt nice, just won't give up a Scotty for it!

Last month in the UK I saw this in a pro shop. Looked and felt nice, just won't give up a Scotty for it!

Don't let a company/brand blind you because someone else told you they were what you needed. That is up to you. Not saying the scotty isnt right for you, just saying don't let a brand dictate your choices.

Just as a follow up, you all should know that yesterday I attended a local Mizuno demo day event and spoke with the reps about when/if they are going to offer these putters in the U.S. and was told that they have absolutely no plans to get back into the putter market in the foreseeable future. The rep pretty much told me that after the ugly split with Bettinardi that they arent too eager to get back into the putter market in the U.S.

Back