The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having that problem earlier. I reinstalled iTunes, did a force backup of my iPhone, then tried it. So far, it's working.

Ok, that makes me feel a little better that it's not just me. I will install iTunes on my desktop and try it that way. I have just always had it on my laptop.

Did you reboot after installing iTunes?

Ok.... so where is imessages? and why are there more forced apps that I wont use and I cant hide in folders?

How much charge is it to download the iOS 5?

Wow W.E that was a longgggg download

Ok, that makes me feel a little better that it's not just me. I will install iTunes on my desktop and try it that way. I have just always had it on my laptop.

I just got that error again. Now it's just frustrating. :banghead:

The good thing I guess is after this finally works you dont have to use iTunes anymore for updates.

I just got that error again. Now it's just frustrating. :banghead:

I got it too. I downloaded iTunes on my desktop but it won't sync with my phone. When I tried to download the new update it said that it will delete everything but I can't figure out how to get it backed up and synced with the new one?

Same thing goes for me. From what I've read is that it's a networking problem but I could be wrong

I got it too. I downloaded iTunes on my desktop but it won't sync with my phone. When I tried to download the new update it said that it will delete everything but I can't figure out how to get it backed up and synced with the new one?

Ive gotten it twice now, not sure what the issue is. As far as the desktop goes, I would stick with where you initially synced your iphone (laptop?) If you convert over to the desktop now, it will wipe your phone and set it up new.

I'm goning to hard reset, as in delete the iphone to factory settings. Give me a few

Ive gotten it twice now, not sure what the issue is. As far as the desktop goes, I would stick with where you initially synced your iphone (laptop?) If you convert over to the desktop now, it will wipe your phone and set it up new.

That's what I just read too. Although it says that I can backup my phone with the computer I normally sync it to and then do the update and then I should be able to get that info back from the backup by syncing with the normal computer I sync with. Any suggestions? I am clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Ok so I have it and its not that different, but where is imessage?

iMessages is the same as messages. All apple did was intergrate software to where it is still sending SMS messages but if it detects you are sending to an iOS device it won't count as a text message

I'm goning to hard reset, as in delete the iphone to factory settings. Give me a few
From what I have just looked at, it's due to the heavy traffic on Apples servers, nothing to do with our iTunes or iPhone.

That's what I just read too. Although it says that I can backup my phone with the computer I normally sync it to and then do the update and then I should be able to get that info back from the backup but I have no idea how to do that. Any suggestions? I am clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Ok, let's see if I can get this to make sense. Open iTunes, dont click on upgrade yet. Look on the left side of iTunes where it says "iPhone" (under it will have music/vidoes/etc), right click on "iPhone" and then click "Backup." Then you will have a solid backup that you know you can restore from.

Ok so I have it and its not that different, but where is imessage?

Your "iMessage" is integrated into the SMS app. All "iMessages" will be blue rather than green, but only when you are sending it to another device running iOS5.

From what I have just looked at, it's due to the heavy traffic on Apples servers, nothing to do with our iTunes or iPhone.

Not surprised really. Ugh.

Ok, let's see if I can get this to make sense. Open iTunes, dont click on upgrade yet. Look on the left side of iTunes where it says "iPhone" (under it will have music/vidoes/etc), right click on "iPhone" and then click "Backup." Then you will have a solid backup that you know you can restore from.

That was super helpful thank you! I think I was able to transfer all the info from my phone as well and authorize this computer so that I can do the sync here as well. Once the sync is complete I will give this download another try. I was starting to think that maybe it's a server issue on their end as well. There has to be millions of people trying to get this download right now too.

That was super helpful thank you! I think I was able to transfer all the info from my phone as well and authorize this computer so that I can do the sync here as well. Once the sync is complete I will give this download another try. I was starting to think that maybe it's a server issue on their end as well. There has to be millions of people trying to get this download right now too.

Bingo. iTunes isnt acting right at all, think I am going to wait a while and try again. 3 errors in a row. I am thankful that after today I will never have to cable sync with iTunes again.

Bingo. iTunes isnt acting right at all, think I am going to wait a while and try again. 3 errors in a row. I am thankful that after today I will never have to cable sync with iTunes again.

LOL, as soon as I type that, I look over and my phone is loading up iOS 5, no error this time.

I am giving it a try on the other computer now. I backed up the phone and was able to transfer all my apps so hopefully that will help. If not I have everything saved on itunes from my laptop and hopefully I can just sync the two (fingers crossed). This of course is assuming that the download works.

I am giving it a try on the other computer now. I backed up the phone and was able to transfer all my apps so hopefully that will help. If not I have everything saved on itunes from my laptop and hopefully I can just sync the two (fingers crossed). This of course is assuming that the download works.
If the download works, you should be able to wirelessly sync it. That is what I am attempting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back