Nike Dymo & Dymo 2 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review JB! Been a fan of the Nike drivers the last two years and looking forward to demoing these when they come out in a couple months.

• Admin
If you like what you read, please leave a comment. The companies read them.

I'm not into square drivers really, but I can attest to this one.
Going to read now.

JB

Nice review, How do you think it compares to your Evolver. Did these have the STR8-fit systems? Oh and my usual question, how did the face sit??

• Admin
The STR8 Drivers come out one month later so Nike has asked that we review those later. The face sat about .5 degree closed, but closer to neutral than what we have seen. They are not offset. It compares quite well to the Evolver. Completely different animal.

• Admin
If you type in Nike Dymo Review in Google we come up first.

You did a great job on this JB.
envy.gif

Glad you liked it WSE.

Sorry if I missed this announcement JB, but since you've reviewed most of the other new Nike equipment, have they mentioned sending out the new DYMO fairway woods to you?

They are waiting until they send me the STR8 Dymo driver and will include the fairway woods at that time.

After reading this review JB, it really made me want to look into getting one of these. I really am intrigued by the results you produced, but I really cannot stand the look of the driver. The colour scheme they chose is just absolutly awful!

The headcover is probably one of the ugliest I have seen right now. Grey/Red/Yellow is not a good combination. I will probably stay with Nike on my next driver choice, but this one is probably a No-go for me.

The headcover as we highlighted in the review is HORRIBLE. However throw a Daphne's cover on it and you are good to go. I love this driver.

i didnt realize they were making a square headed driver for this. very cool. however, i am very happy with my FT-i that i do not plan on switching drivers yet. if i was though, this would be on my list of drivers to try

The headcover as we highlighted in the review is HORRIBLE. However throw a Daphne's cover on it and you are good to go. I love this driver.

I kind of have this thing Where I have to keep the stock headcovers. I really do not like animals or custom covers in my bag. (I sound like a grump)

Agreed the cover is horrible. I also do not like the look of the driver as well. Grey/Black is such a dull combination I like some colour in the driver. Although It shouldn't matter if it performs well, but look is a bit of a factor for me.

Great review though.

Dent,
Look should be a factor. I am not big on stock covers, because I do not like everyone on the course looking at my gear. But most drivers are gray and black aren't they?

I guess Ping G10 had some copper in it.

True, but they did it in a way that it makes it not look that great. For example here are a few great looking drivers that really catch my eye:

cleveland-hibore-xls.jpg

CALLAWAY_FT5_LG.jpg

And of course, look how much nicer their old driver used to be:

NikeSUMOS5000Driver_LG.jpg

Okay, so you are referring to the bottom of the club. I kind of like the Dymo's red and gray.

i actually think they look really good from both sides. but everyone is different. some people barf when they look at square drivers, i however love them

Tried the DYMO today, and was actually a little dissapointed. The driver to me set up a little funny at Address, The toe end was pointing a bit up for me. The club actually looks really solid though. The driver is actually really nice looking, but the edges of the club at the bottom I don't really like because they have that added part around it. I was surpised as well to see they dampened the sound of the Driver considerably and has the sound of a 907. I guess I couldn't get a feel for the face because of the tape, but It felt normal as well, probably a little less than the Driver I currently have. As far as distance, I could just not get the ball out there. Compared to the monster, I was losing a good 10-20 yards of distance. In that Catagory I can not really give an accurate descripton of the face because I don't know how much tape effects it.

One really cool thing I noticed, that I have never heard with any other driver, is on the backswing, maybe because of how the head is shaped, but if you have a fast enough swing, when you swing the driver past your head, you will hear a nice "whoooosh" sound as the driver passes through the air.

The grip and shaft are really nice looking, the grip has a cool look to it and has little horizontal slits on it where the thumbs go for added grip. The bright yellow shaft w/ black graphics is really appealing.

Just my quick input on this driver.

That is ashame Dent. I have used it a lot the last few weeks and still love this club.

I cannot wait to the Dymo, I love the looks, both the driver and the fairway metals.

Back