JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you change your spikes? I have about 8 pairs of shoes and try to change each out once a year. Curious how often people change theirs.

Same, about once a year.

• Admin
I have a feeling, I do not need to do it that often based on the fact that I have about 9 pairs of shoes and rotate them each time I play. But it is easier than monitoring each pair. I definitely wear the Nike shoes more than my FJs now.

Not often enough! Looking for fun spikes in something other than pink.

On my shoes with the Tri lock spikes, I have to change them every 3 months. But the ones with the Q Locks dont last too long. I think its because I could only find them in stingers, but they were only making it about 2 weeks last summer. Those are also my walking golf shoes and range golf shoes.

How often do you change your spikes? I have about 8 pairs of shoes and try to change each out once a year. Curious how often people change theirs.

about once a year, few pairs went longer and ended up having to leave one stripped spike in there permanently

Whenever they start looking worn down.

I don't like to do it with my Eccos though for a really stupid reason. My Eccos all came with spikes that match the shoes.

cfli-whitebisoncognac.jpg

But they don't sell replacements in that color. They only sell them in one color (yellow).

d_1044.jpg

But when they get worn enough, I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet.

• Admin
Harry,
That is crazy. I am going to call our Ecco person about that this week.

Harry,

I did call them a while back and the person I spoke to said they were working on getting them available for sale. I hope they do. I love all 3 pairs of my Ecco Flexor shoes (not too fond of the 2009 styles though). Best shoes I've ever had.

I had the same problem with a pair of the hydro Eccos. But the spikes that come on the Saddles are kind of crappy and snap off, so you have to change them.

I don't really know. We golfed more last season than I have since they went to soft spikes. I don't need to change mine yet (20-25 rounds so far on new shoes). I avoid walking on anything but grass so my spikes have only seen concrete from the truck to the cart and walking where we park the cart to walk into the clubhouse.

Love my 2 pair of Ecco's also - always looking to pick up an extra pair as best shoes I have ever had - however I really want the matching bi-color spike replacements!

As I walk 2-3 times a week year round - I change spikes ~ bi-monthly (alternating months) The champ spikes are great by letting you know when warn out.

I replace mine when they are worn down. My last pair of shoes, the spikes were so hard, that they lasted for 3 seasons before I just tossed them.

My new pair of Oakley shoes, use a funny type of spike, and I'm limited in my choices (presently using Champ Stinger's, they're OK) I'll do some more looking when I've used up what I've got, I stocked up when they ran on sale. I bought these shoes in the summer, and have played ~20 rounds of golf in them, and they're starting to show some wear, I'll replace the few that have worn down the most, and see how long I can make a set last.

anyone else feel that replacement spikes are expensive, considering I own like 7 pairs of shoes 12 bucks a pair adds up!

I just bought some 360's beginning of last year, so I'll probably change them halfway through this year coming up.

Harry,

JB-

I know I sorta waived you off on this, but now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't. I have 3 pair of ECCOs and all 3 use the black and translucent brown spikes (pictured above). I was rotating my spikes to the shoes I wanted to wear that day, but now they are all getting bad. Did you happen to speak to ECCO about the replacement availability and, if so, what did they say?

Thanks.

7 pairs of golf shoes DD that is just crazy I have 1 how many regular pairs of shoes and sneakers do you have 1 for each day of the week? LOL.

I replace 2x a year.

JB-

I know I sorta waived you off on this, but now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't. I have 3 pair of ECCOs and all 3 use the black and translucent brown spikes (pictured above). I was rotating my spikes to the shoes I wanted to wear that day, but now they are all getting bad. Did you happen to speak to ECCO about the replacement availability and, if so, what did they say?

Thanks.

Harry,
I did speak to them and pretty much got the same answer that everybody was getting. "They are working on it". As of a month ago, they said that they did not have them available.

8 pairs in the locker (one is FJ Leather Classic that has not been worn in years...should give to the caddie master). One of our perks is that spikes are given to locker attendant by the club and we give him $10 to change them out. So I end up changing them more often than necessary. As soon as the tips look a little worn, I change them out.

DS,
Im like you. I have about 12 pairs of shoes. Different colors and such to match with outfits of course. When tips get worn, I replace them. Because of that, I am only having to change them about once a year. Its funny that when I started this thread, I only had 8 pairs. Many I need to stop buying shoes.

anyone else feel that replacement spikes are expensive, considering I own like 7 pairs of shoes 12 bucks a pair adds up!

I feel the same way !
A nice pair of golf shoes cost between $40-$100 on sale or not, but the replacement spikes would cost $10-$15. After 2-3 years the built in cushion would be toasted even the exterior still looks fine, no good for a walker if you value your health.
I change the soft spikes on my shoes anywhere between 20-30 rounds of golf ( walker ), that's roughly twice a year.
In my opinion, the MSRP for replacement spikes is way too high.

DS,
Im like you. I have about 12 pairs of shoes. Different colors and such to match with outfits of course. When tips get worn, I replace them. Because of that, I am only having to change them about once a year. Its funny that when I started this thread, I only had 8 pairs. Many I need to stop buying shoes.

I would do the same thing JB, when you have a golf locker right beside you and you get such good deals, who wouldn't go there and buy shoes?

Wow I'm falling behind, I have 2 pairs and they are the exact same shoe.

Back