What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, JB, Jacqui's are off the heel. My misses are off the toe. But maybe I'll ask him in the Ask a pro forum. Thanks!

We went golfing today for the first time in about a month. I shot 94 but it wasn't for lack of trying. It was cart path only, so you know it was soggy out there. If you didn't land the ball on the green it was plugged in the ground around the green. Moreover, trying to read greens was next to impossible! They were nothing but brown and it was tough to read them.

The best part was we played in less than 4 hours, and we were being held up the whole day! I was shocked that we got done before 4:30 when we started about 12:40 or so. As soon as we got our clubs back in the truck, we drove the cart around and went inside and got a couple of beers. We went outside to drink them and add up the scorecard when the wind started picking up and you could feel the temperature dropping. It was close to 60 when we started, and it stayed that way or warmer the whole time we golfed (I even had to take off my jacket!) By the time we got to the car after our beer, it was 52 and now it's 31. Winter in the Midwest. I love it.

Hope the hybrid was working well for you Smallie.

I only hit it a couple of times today JB. My thoughts about it are still true: I don't think you can possible NOT get the ball airborne with that club. Do you think they will make them in 5-PW? hehehe

The new woods worked great, for both of us. I hit a couple drives that were in the 240-250 range, and I just don't do that. Or used to not. 12.5 degrees sure keeps the sidespin off the ball! Jacqui even hit a couple in the 200 yard range with her 12.5 driver. She liked her 7 wood the best though, she hit one of them close to 170. That's what she hit her old driver!

I wish I had gone to a higher loffted driver 20 years ago when I was going through drivers like a madman trying to find one I could hit! 10.5 was as high as I could allow myself to go. Live and learn.

Glad to hear it. THose hybrids are so easy to hit and will save you come golf season on par 5s and long par 3s.

79 today with TinCup Tampa. 40 on the front and 39 on the back. No birdies all day.

At the turn right now with GG, Amollerud, and his better half.

lucky duck. its been raining a lot up here lately, and i have a tournament in 2 weeks. not so excited due to extreme practice conditions

Not too lucky. Got 4 strokes on teh back 9 from amollerud and still lost. I couldnt make a putt. Had to pick up the dinner bill tonight for the four of us. Why I wanted to wager with this guy is beyond me. I figured with 4 strokes I should be safe. He had all 4 strokes back in the first 3 holes.

ah that stinks. if im ever down there and get a chance to meet you guys and play i will wager with him :banana:

Not sure you want to do that. hehe

Shot 67 today, after a 2 week layoff with christmas and the new year.... Got to stroke the new gel putter (Thanks THP) for the first time on the golf course, wow great feeling putter its just a little too upright for me (centershafted ) and it was hard getting it to sit right behind the ball. Do like the way the ball comes off the face but still need another round with it to see if it will stay in the bag.......

Nice score Knight. Hope it works for you.

I shot a 68 at Pebble Beach on Links 2003.
I also shot 70 at Kapalua Plantation.

Oh crap, this is supposed to be for real golf isn't it? Never mind then . . .

i shot a 76 today. been averaging 78-82 lately though, so today was a good day. going back out tomorrow too.

30 on a par 3, 9 hole. It was my little brothers first time out so we went to a short course for him. He's got a natural swing for never having played golf in his life.

30 on a par 3, 9 hole. It was my little brothers first time out so we went to a short course for him. He's got a natural swing for never having played golf in his life.

I have always been so envious of people with natural athletic talent. Hopefully your little brother will start to enjoy the sport as much as the rest of us.

I have always been so envious of people with natural athletic talent. Hopefully your little brother will start to enjoy the sport as much as the rest of us.

I hope so, but he is a nationally ranked tennis player and I don't want to distract him from that to much.

Very cool. My co-worker at my day job plays there all the time. He lives out in Lutz so it's not too far from his house.

yeah, im actually going out there at 130 to play today too. hopefully i will play as good as i did yesterday :banana:
im actually about halfway between Heritage Harbor and Westchase in Odessa near Gunn Hwy and Tarpon Springs Road if you know where that is :act-up:

(hey, i think i just qualified for tonights drawing with this post!)

You are fairly close to us RS. We will have to get out there sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back