Best Apparel Company?

If you're a brand loyal consumer, it definitely influences your purchasing decision. We all want to emulate a PGA tour pro, and while we can't have their swing or talents, we settle for what the pro's wear. The same goes for Adidas, Oakley, Puma, etc.... their goal is to make you buy the shirt their pro's are wearing on TV. The Swoosh is much more recognizable IMO.

Very true. Most companies advertise their best stuff on the pros so amateurs buy it. It's the whole point of sponsorships. As for the swoosh being recognizable, it is, but if you've ever seen an Under Armour shirt, you know what recognizable is.

im not too picky as far as brands, as long as i like the look. however, with that being said, i do like a lot of the stuff puma has been putting out. i picked up some puma spikes the other day and i really like them.

I can't afford the "namebrand" stuff like I used to because I'm no longer in the golf business and could get great deals. With that said, all of my shirts are top quality brands, with "Carnouste" being the best. I have several pairs of top quality shorts and pants, and the point of all of this is--I've learned how to take care of the stuff with proper laundering and storage. They should last until I'm in my 70's, as long as my waist stays the same. Buying good quality stuff if you can afford it pays you back in many years of service from the items. That's my take on it.

I can't afford the "namebrand" stuff like I used to because I'm no longer in the golf business and could get great deals. With that said, all of my shirts are top quality brands, with "Carnouste" being the best. I have several pairs of top quality shorts and pants, and the point of all of this is--I've learned how to take care of the stuff with proper laundering and storage. They should last until I'm in my 70's, as long as my waist stays the same. Buying good quality stuff if you can afford it pays you back in many years of service from the items. That's my take on it.

Hmm... good theory. Although I do like the looks of a lot of the namebrand stuff over that of the lesser-known competition

I am fairly picky about my golf apparel. Blink1282, I do really like the Puma line out now. I've always been a Nike guy but bought some Puma apparel over the summer that was light and comfortable on the very hot days. My wife likes to pick up random pieces for me wherever she is shopping but I prefer the pro shop!

Last edited:
This is what I have been through so far

Hat: Nike light weight is great, easy to care and clean. Lately Titleist light weight hat is getting better

Shirts: Die hard RLX shirts fan. I am chubby (5'11 and 230 lbs) so I want the shirt to be roomy enough for golf swing but not too tight like JL.
They are quality shirts and dry quickly and nice feel Polyester. Looks great too.
Nike somewhat boring design and normal to me.
Adidas is my second favorite and they last good while.
Peter Milar, looking nice but their size is everywhere.. some are too small and some are too big so not true to its size. Too many cotton shirts which I don't care for.
Boss golf, too thick and heavy cotton and color fades away easily after a while.
Footjoy performance polo, nice fabric like RLX however they make the sleeve too long like Ping shirts and that I do not like.

Pants: Nike is so nice/cheap/comfortable however I always think they could use waist rubber band to prevent shirts pulling out.
Adidas, as nice as Nike but their size has not been consistant. too big most of time. Their shorts are better than long pants.
RLX long pants are too tight and too narrow (not as bad as JL but getting there), shorts are as good as Adidas
Boss pants are better with long pant but want to see more Polyester fabric than cotton.
My recent experiecnce with Callaway long pants (Polyester) has been great, nice Polyester fabric, great line and has rubber waist line inside that holds shirts intact.
I had slit put in and pants are performing just like brand new club!

Great first post!

This is what I have been through so far

Hat: Nike light weight is great, easy to care and clean. Lately Titleist light weight hat is getting better

Shirts: Die hard RLX shirts fan. I am chubby (5'11 and 230 lbs) so I want the shirt to be roomy enough for golf swing but not too tight like JL.
They are quality shirts and dry quickly and nice feel Polyester. Looks great too.
Nike somewhat boring design and normal to me.
Adidas is my second favorite and they last good while.
Peter Milar, looking nice but their size is everywhere.. some are too small and some are too big so not true to its size. Too many cotton shirts which I don't care for.
Boss golf, too thick and heavy cotton and color fades away easily after a while.
Footjoy performance polo, nice fabric like RLX however they make the sleeve too long like Ping shirts and that I do not like.

Pants: Nike is so nice/cheap/comfortable however I always think they could use waist rubber band to prevent shirts pulling out.
Adidas, as nice as Nike but their size has not been consistant. too big most of time. Their shorts are better than long pants.
RLX long pants are too tight and too narrow (not as bad as JL but getting there), shorts are as good as Adidas
Boss pants are better with long pant but want to see more Polyester fabric than cotton.
My recent experiecnce with Callaway long pants (Polyester) has been great, nice Polyester fabric, great line and has rubber waist line inside that holds shirts intact.
I had slit put in and pants are performing just like brand new club!

This is what I have been through so farHat: Nike light weight is great, easy to care and clean. Lately Titleist light weight hat is getting betterShirts: Die hard RLX shirts fan. I am chubby (5'11 and 230 lbs) so I want the shirt to be roomy enough for golf swing but not too tight like JL. They are quality shirts and dry quickly and nice feel Polyester. Looks great too. Nike somewhat boring design and normal to me. Adidas is my second favorite and they last good while. Peter Milar, looking nice but their size is everywhere.. some are too small and some are too big so not true to its size. Too many cotton shirts which I don't care for. Boss golf, too thick and heavy cotton and color fades away easily after a while. Footjoy performance polo, nice fabric like RLX however they make the sleeve too long like Ping shirts and that I do not like.Pants: Nike is so nice/cheap/comfortable however I always think they could use waist rubber band to prevent shirts pulling out. Adidas, as nice as Nike but their size has not been consistant. too big most of time. Their shorts are better than long pants. RLX long pants are too tight and too narrow (not as bad as JL but getting there), shorts are as good as Adidas Boss pants are better with long pant but want to see more Polyester fabric than cotton. My recent experiecnce with Callaway long pants (Polyester) has been great, nice Polyester fabric, great line and has rubber waist line inside that holds shirts intact. I had slit put in and pants are performing just like brand new club!
First off, welcome to THP!!! Wow... really good post for your first. Good detail and definitely making me consider looking at some of this stuff (not JL though, as I'm chubby too hehe).

I'm pretty new so still a long from from assembling my cache of equipment, decent clubs, and so on. I've decided in the beginning to get most of my stuff used on sites like ebay and craigslist, but the one thing I need to buy is shoes, as I don't really want a used pair of shoes? Anyone purchase golf shoes online? I am a little hesitant to purchase shoes before I can try them on, unless the golf shop up the road has a similar pair. I did notice that golf shoes (a url for discount golf world.com) are much cheaper than most of the places around me. Thoughts or opinions? Does anyone know what the return policy for shoes ordered online is generally speaking?

I got a lot of golf shirts from Value Village (2nd hand store). Even my wife looks out for some nice shirts for me. Of course, I choose the better conditioned (most still had tags on) shirts. The plus on going this way is getting quality shirts at greatly reduced prices. Saving some 75-80%. I like Nike, Adidas & these ones called On Tour. As for pants, most I get from Walmart. I also got my golf shoes from Wallie (Dr. Scholl's). My decision to get shoes at Walmart came from the poor choices I had at the Sport Chek down the road. I would be wearing Adidas shoes that were on sale, but they didn't have my size. The shoes have been good for walking too. Almost purchased new pair as gel pad on insole came off. But wife suggested re-glueing it on and it's held up since. Anyways, that's how it goes for me. L8R

I'm pretty new so still a long from from assembling my cache of equipment, decent clubs, and so on. I've decided in the beginning to get most of my stuff used on sites like ebay and craigslist, but the one thing I need to buy is shoes, as I don't really want a used pair of shoes? Anyone purchase golf shoes online? I am a little hesitant to purchase shoes before I can try them on, unless the golf shop up the road has a similar pair. I did notice that golf shoes (a url for discount golf world.com) are much cheaper than most of the places around me. Thoughts or opinions? Does anyone know what the return policy for shoes ordered online is generally speaking?

First I would go to any place that sells shoes and try them on at the store. Then go look around online at places like rockbottomgolf.com and eBay (just select "new" condition). This way you get to know the right size, and then you can go buy them for way less on the interwebs. Also, the return policies range from anywhere to 30-90 days on average, usually unworn, although some places might give up to 90% back on worn shoes

I really like the selection/price of the Nike line, and I also like the feel of the Adidas ClimaLite shirts. Any recommendations for winter clothes (base layers, long sleeves, etc). My winter golf collection is pathetic, I hate feeling all bulky with clothes

I really like the selection/price of the Nike line, and I also like the feel of the Adidas ClimaLite shirts. Any recommendations for winter clothes (base layers, long sleeves, etc). My winter golf collection is pathetic, I hate feeling all bulky with clothes

If you are looking for rain gear, Nike Storm Fit has been very good for me. I have also had great experiences with Sun Mountain, Footjoy, Adidas, and Nike outerwear. For base layers I have Columbia Sportswear top and bottoms that are very warm and very thin, like an advanced long johns. They aren't made for golf specifically, but they work well.

My favorite is Travis Matthew.

If you want to stay warm then i highly recommend the Mizuno line. You will not get cold with their winter sweaters/ jackets.

For pants i purchased the Galway Bay pants and i absolutely love them and they look great!

Back