Texas Get Together

Me too! Thanks for putting getting the tee times and everything BigK!

Here is the 'deal' we are getting for the tournament I am playing at Horseshoe Bay in 3 week from now. Now keep in mind, the guy putting it on is bringing over 200 players to the resort. $300 a person (sharing room) gets you unlimited golf on Friday starting at noon (which means 18 holes), tournament is then Sat. and Sun. (2 rounds) and unlimited play on the putting course. If you wanted room to self it was a little over $400 for the weekend. Keep in mind, that these rates also include our entry into his tournament and the prize money to pay out.

I'll talk to the tournament director when I'm there to see who he used at Horseshoe Bay and then see if he'll let me use his name when I deal with that person. I'll try and piggy-back off 'em.

I went to the site and put in 1 room from March 16th-18th, I got a room rate of $235 (includes resort fee) a night for unlimited golf that day. If you go 2 a room it gives you $340 (includes resort fee) split between 2.

I hear HSB is supposed to be sweet. threeboysdad sent me a PM on Vaaler Creek Golf Club which had a pretty smooth deal.

They have 3 bedroom condos (which look nice in the photos) and if people played this thing right would break down as follows for Friday night through a morning round of golf Sunday.

threeboysdad's numbers for Vaaler Creek Golf Club (3 bedroom condo assuming 3 player occupancy)
$200 Friday night (divided by 3 = $66.66/person)
$200 Saturday night (divided by 3 = $66.66/person)
$36.00 Saturday Morning round golf
$18.00 Saturday Afternoon round golf
$36.00 Sunday Morning round golf
$223.32 + taxes for the weekend per golfer

This resort is located in Blanco, Texas about an hour southwest of Austin. Everybody feel free to chime in!

I like those prices 2shoes!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great, great pricing! I'm down for most anything, but that sounds sweet.

That looks good 2shoes!

For everyone's convenience. We have a new Community group as well for everyone to join.

New group created to discuss. Lone Star Outings

Please pass the word so that we can gather all our fellow Texans!!

This group is meant for everyone, not just the folks thinking about the outing in March.

I thought I remembered someone saying also that OEM Kevin had a TX group as well? Can anyone confirm or am I making that up?

I thought I remembered someone saying also that OEM Kevin had a TX group as well? Can anyone confirm or am I making that up?

Nope. I'm not even in Texas currently. Next year I'll be back though

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

I haven't played Vaaler Creek yet, but I heard it's great. I'd definitely go for a round or two.

Nope. I'm not even in Texas currently. Next year I'll be back though

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

That will be awesome man. Any idea what part yet?

That will be awesome man. Any idea what part yet?

Most of the family live in Arlington or around the D/FW area so somewhere around there.

Tapatalked by Siri on my iPhone 4

Most of the family live in Arlington or around the D/FW area so somewhere around there.

Very nice - I am 3 miles south of DFW airport and about 2 miles from the Arlington border. Looking forward to having you around here!

**sorry for the thread hijack Nate**

Thanks cookie. Look forward to being back in the lone star state. No place like home.

Nate I wish I had Jerry's money.

We have one called Texas/Oklahoma golfers but it is a private group controlled by Bridges and he hasn't been on in quite a while; so therefore no one else can join. With this group being public it won't matter if one day I stop logging into THP, its public so anyone can post/join the group.

Blanco course looks pretty nice, looks kinda out in the boonies though. Where would we get food and drinky drink????

I really love the idea of Horseshoe bay, I've played Escondido Country Club down the way but never Horseshoe. What kinda price is the question, but seems a lot more reasonable than Barton creek at 1st glance. (But we haven't seen a price for that either).

Any other possibilities? I haven't played much golf down that way.

To give you an idea on one of Horseshoe Bay's courses, Ram Rock, this was a course that Ben Crenshaw and Tom Kite went out and played when they first opened, and when they finished (according to the proshop guys and how they tell it), both of 'em vowed never to play the course again. It was too tricked up for them.

Bumping for the folks. If you are interested in the March outing please join the Lone Star Outing group so that we can keep a good head count.

Hi Everyone,

i am Brownsville Tx. way down Texas. how can i join your group?
Just click the link above and post a reply. We'll be getting more information together in the next few weeks and will have an official announcement on dates, dollars, and so forth. Welcome to THP! Hope you've stopped by the Check In Desk http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Check-In-Desk and said hello to everybody!

I did visited the check in desk. I was trying to join the group but for some reason i can't join. Do i have to have certain amount of posts before i join any group?

Not sure. Did you just try to reply? That's all we need you to do to get your name on the list.

Back