2011 re/max world long drive championships

wull

Reaction score
Handicap
for anyone who is interested this is underway just now from october 27th-november 4th,so only a few more days to go.

this link will give you access to live scoring,i'm only wanting to keep up-to-date with jamie sadlowski and the young kid domenic mazza.he's only 16(possibly 17) and has a lovely swing just like jamie,has similar build to jamie and hits it for miles.

http://longdrivers.com/2011Timeline.php

Last edited:
Mazza made it to the finals last year! Crazy power out of that kid!

unbelievable,that was the first i seen of him on vids from youtube.he made the final against joe miller and because he played as an amateur he didn't receive the $70,000 runner up cheque.....i don't even know if he's pro this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXbH8eJQhQ

unbelievable,that was the first i seen of him on vids from youtube.he made the final against joe miller and because he played as an amateur he didn't receive the $70,000 runner up cheque.....i don't even know if he's pro this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXbH8eJQhQ

Yeah it was crazy last year. He turns the money down outright. I remember watching last year and flipping out because of how mature he was. I would have not been able to handle myself if I was 16 and won $70,000!!! And he is supposedly a heck of a baseball player and isn't sure if he should give it up for golf!

Yeah it was crazy last year. He turns the money down outright. I remember watching last year and flipping out because of how mature he was. I would have not been able to handle myself if I was 16 and won $70,000!!! And he is supposedly a heck of a baseball player and isn't sure if he should give it up for golf!

similar story to jamie,he pitches left handed but plays golf right handed and jamie plays ice hockey left handed......i wonder if this helps,or makes a difference.i'm also in the same boat,right handed at golf but left handed....i don't hit it as far as them but i do generate some silly distances at times.

similar story to jamie,he pitches left handed but plays golf right handed and jamie plays ice hockey left handed......i wonder if this helps,or makes a difference.i'm also in the same boat,right handed at golf but left handed....i don't hit it as far as them but i do generate some silly distances at times.

That is a great observation. I didn't know that about the two of them. Very very interesting point. I can imagine it helps with pulling the club head through the zone and turning your hands over. I bet you have some pretty sick club head speed!

Im a lefty in hockey and righty in golf. It helps me for sure.

I cant find sadlowski on the leaderboards. What group is he in?

Im a lefty in hockey and righty in golf. It helps me for sure.

I cant find sadlowski on the leaderboards. What group is he in?

Not sure but he tweeted about the 40+ mph wind and how it was knocking his yardage down close to 100 yards (his numbers not mine)

I bet you have some pretty sick club head speed!

i don't know what my ss is,a friend of mine reckons my normal ss with the driver is roughly 115 but thats just a guess.if i really jump on it i'd expect to be over 120 but i won't know until i get on a trackman or similar.

i don't know what my ss is,a friend of mine reckons my normal ss with the driver is roughly 115 but thats just a guess.if i really jump on it i'd expect to be over 120 but i won't know until i get on a trackman or similar.

You need to give those a shot just to find out. I'm not a numbers guy normally but I thought it would help with the shaft thoughts I was having. I had no idea what I was until this summer with the driver I was clocked at 112-115 ish. Just cool info to know.

I was incorrect. My driver ss was 110.2 on average this past summer. I was curious after you wrote that and I found my driver evaluation on my computer haha.

That kid has crazy power! I wish I could hit it like that.

I wish they'd broadcast this live...or at least in the evenings...and not wait until December!

I wish they'd broadcast this live...or at least in the evenings...and not wait until December!

Finals are live on 11/4. ESPN3 if I am not mistaken.

Tappin' from my iPad!

From the link in the 1st post:

Friday, November 4, 1PM - 4PM EST LIVE ON ESPN3

1:00 PM – 2:15PM - Senior Division Quarters, Semi and Finals

2:30 PM – 4:00 PM -Open Division Quarters, Semi and Finals

Tappin' from my iPad!

Sweet thanks Cookie. I'm watching those!

oh nice, I'll actually be able to watch something on espn3 on my lappy. I'v never actually found something I wanted to watch on there before. Though they do have some cool random stuff.

Will definitely be watching. Last year was awesome.

today's play has been postponed due to bad weather,not sure when it's going to kick off as there is nothing so far on the live scoring.

just checked and jamie got through his stage and is currently lying 2nd in stage 2 with a drive of 352 yrds.

he's through to round 5.that will be on later @ 2.45-3.45pm their time.

I hope Jamie or Dom wins. I love the fact they are two normal sized guys who just friggin crush the ball. Lots of the other guys just look like the Hulk.

Back