Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it seems like Pitt St is always playing another ranked team. Good luck to them, I hope they play well.

And good thing they're good at football, because they couldn't stand up to Kansas in basketball. :D
Tough for a D2 team to keep up with a D1 team in any team sport! KU's football team would probably beat Pitt State most of the time!

Hope they can win their first National title since 1991 this season.

Tough for a D2 team to keep up with a D1 team in any team sport! KU's football team would probably beat Pitt State most of the time!

Hope they can win their first National title since 1991 this season.

That would be awesome to see them win a National Championship, and it's tough for most D1 teams to keep up with Kansas in bball.

Just curious- for those that don't "have a dog in the fight", so to speak, who do you think will win #1 LSU at #2 Alabama?

Bama. I think these teams are fairly evenly matched. Giving the nod to Bama simply due to home field advantage. Should be a good game.

Just curious- for those that don't "have a dog in the fight", so to speak, who do you think will win #1 LSU at #2 Alabama?

I think LSU will win. They beat my Ducks, so they gotta be the best, right? :alien:

Bama wins, 21-7. No way LSU comes in to Tuscaloosa and wins.

On another note, FSU is looking good these days. Their record isn't great but 4 wins in a row by some big numbers. They also have a young, highly underrated defense. They'll be really good next year.

I know everyone is focusing on the big #1-#2 matchup this week (Bama wins by 10 or more BTW), but we have a pretty big game up here in the NW too. UW (6-2)/Oregon (7-1) should be a good matchup. Oregon will likely beat my Huskies, but it is the final game in old Husky stadium, (one of the best and loudest places to watch college football in the country), and they are celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1991 National Championship team. UW has lost to Nebraska and Stanford on the road and Oregon has only lost to LSU. Emotions will be high and there are not too many fanbases that hate each other as much as Oregon/UW. Both offenses are awesome and it will be a high scoring affair. My pick UW 44, Oregon 41. (Homer pick)! Realistically, UW has a punchers chance and needs to play clean and win the turnover battle to have a chance to win.

I know everyone is focusing on the big #1-#2 matchup this week (Bama wins by 10 or more BTW), but we have a pretty big game up here in the NW too. UW (6-2)/Oregon (7-1) should be a good matchup. Oregon will likely beat my Huskies, but it is the final game in old Husky stadium, (one of the best and loudest places to watch college football in the country), and they are celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1991 National Championship team. UW has lost to Nebraska and Stanford on the road and Oregon has only lost to LSU. Emotions will be high and there are not too many fanbases that hate each other as much as Oregon/UW. Both offenses are awesome and it will be a high scoring affair. My pick UW 44, Oregon 41. (Homer pick)! Realistically, UW has a punchers chance and needs to play clean and win the turnover battle to have a chance to win.

You know as much as I like my tide being in the spotlight I hate that so many other games get neglected. I think the Oregon/UW could be sneaky good provided that UW can keep the mistake to a minimum and put points on the board.

You know as much as I like my tide being in the spotlight I hate that so many other games get neglected. I think the Oregon/UW could be sneaky good provided that UW can keep the mistake to a minimum and put points on the board.

What?? There are other games being played tomorrow?

How about another top 10 SEC matchup (Ark-SCar) being on at the same time??!! ESPN has got to be sick about that!!

:banghead:

How about another top 10 SEC matchup (Ark-SCar) being on at the same time??!! ESPN has got to be sick about that!!

Carolina without Lattimore...

Arky has looked like crap the past few weeks...

Dont see this one being great.

Agreed. The Bama/LSU matchup is exciting, no doubt, but the media is almost exclusively covering the "game of the century" to the detrement of other matchups. Look at the teams that UW/ORE have lost to... #1 LSU, #4 Stanford and #11 Nebraska all on the road. Technically LSU was nuetral site, but that game was much closer for LSU fans and the stadium was 3/4 full of them.
UW had a great chance of beating Nebraska, but 2 of the worst calls I have seen went against them and then a true freshman fumbled a kickoff that turned the tide of the game in the 3rd quarter and still only lost by 13. They have a young team and fell apart after. FYI: They called kick catch interference on a Husky punt where the Nebraska returner fumbled the ball. It was immediately clear and replays showed that no Husky was close to him and it was in fact a Nebraska player that flashed in front of the returner. UW recovered the fumble and would have had the ball on the Nebraska 23 yard line with 1:30 left in the half. Instead, Nebraska got the ball back + a 15 yard penalty and scored right before half, at least a 10 point swing. The Stanford game wasn't close as they buried the Huskies by 4+ TD's.
Oregon played LSU close too. There is some good football being played in the PAC 12 right now. Stanford may be the best team in the country, Oregon is awesome too and very innovative on offense, USC is darn good still (taking Stanford to 3 OT's and only 2 losses), ASU is very good, UW is on the come too with a great offense.
Fun stuff.

It's a rumor, still seeking confirmation.

Been that kinda year huh dude :alien:

Carolina without Lattimore...

Arky has looked like crap the past few weeks...

Dont see this one being great.

I agree about the razorbacks, but this game could be a nailbiter.

Agreed. The Bama/LSU matchup is exciting, no doubt, but the media is almost exclusively covering the "game of the century" to the detrement of other matchups. Look at the teams that UW/ORE have lost to... #1 LSU, #4 Stanford and #11 Nebraska all on the road. Technically LSU was nuetral site, but that game was much closer for LSU fans and the stadium was 3/4 full of them.
UW had a great chance of beating Nebraska, but 2 of the worst calls I have seen went against them and then a true freshman fumbled a kickoff that turned the tide of the game in the 3rd quarter and still only lost by 13. They have a young team and fell apart after. FYI: They called kick catch interference on a Husky punt where the Nebraska returner fumbled the ball. It was immediately clear and replays showed that no Husky was close to him and it was in fact a Nebraska player that flashed in front of the returner. UW recovered the fumble and would have had the ball on the Nebraska 23 yard line with 1:30 left in the half. Instead, Nebraska got the ball back + a 15 yard penalty and scored right before half, at least a 10 point swing. The Stanford game wasn't close as they buried the Huskies by 4+ TD's.
Oregon played LSU close too. There is some good football being played in the PAC 12 right now. Stanford may be the best team in the country, Oregon is awesome too and very innovative on offense, USC is darn good still (taking Stanford to 3 OT's and only 2 losses), ASU is very good, UW is on the come too with a great offense.
Fun stuff.

Let's not get crazy now. I'm not sold on them.

Let's not get crazy now. I'm not sold on them.

I hope Stanford gets in the title game against the Bama/LSU winner...I would be interested to see if the Cardinal could keep it closer than I would expect.

Been that kinda year huh dude :alien:

Not at all. Considering most didnt think we would be making a bowl game. Pre-season, most of the "experts" said that through 9 games we would be 3-6. We lost a lot of players, and I knew it would be a tough year, but im alright with 6-3 at this point.

I hope Stanford gets in the title game against Bama...I would be interested to see if the Cardinal could keep it closer than I would expect.

FIFY!!

Not at all. Considering most didnt think we would be making a bowl game. Pre-season, most of the "experts" said that through 9 games we would be 3-6. We lost a lot of players, and I knew it would be a tough year, but im alright with 6-3 at this point.

And you know what that means? Most likely going to be in Florida for a bowl game, man I love bowl season since moving down here.

And you know what that means? Most likely going to be in Florida for a bowl game, man I love bowl season since moving down here.
I have been to a ton of bowl games since moving down here, love that.

Right now I think most are projecting us to the Chicken bowl in ATL.

I was trying to leave my Crimson-colored glasses out of the comment...but yeah Bama/Stanford.

Personally, I think Bama by 14 tomorrow.

It isn't easy for me to toot Stanford's horn being a conference foe, but they are darn good. I would love to see Bama/Stanford in the title game.

I was trying to leave my Crimson-colored glasses out of the comment...but yeah Bama/Stanford.

Really? What do you think the final score will be?

I agree about the razorbacks, but this game could be a nailbiter.

They have had their share of nailbiters already this season, so I'm expecting no less this weekend. If the Hog offense won't sleep through the first half and the defense actually makes a few plays, then Arkansas could pull away for a solid W. At least we know that Arkansas won't roll over and quit if they get behind.
Hopefully it will be a good game and not some of the hard to watch mess that UA and SC have both played at times this season.

I have been to a ton of bowl games since moving down here, love that.

Right now I think most are projecting us to the Chicken bowl in ATL.

Mmmm chicken bowl That would'nt be a bad one to go to if they're playing Clemson.

Man I hope you're right, I'd be ecstatic with a 14 point win. I can't stand a dirty team.

Mmmm chicken bowl That would'nt be a bad one to go to if they're playing Clemson.

We played Clemson, got slapped around, 38-24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back