"Refinished" golf balls

ATLGolfer

#ATLClive75
Reaction score
Handicap
I received a Groupon code for Knetgolf, which specializes in "refinished" golf balls.

I have purchased reclaimed golf balls in the past, and the results have been as expected -- some like-new balls, a few duds, but an overall good experience for the money.

I'm a little hesitant about the "refinished" golf balls. Putting a new coating on the balls seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Has anyone bought refinished balls? What are your thoughts (and what kind did you buy)?

I appreciate any insight.

Don't buy refinished golf balls. There are quite a few threads here that address this.

+1 to what smalls said, if anything buy recycled

Don't buy refinished golf balls. There are quite a few threads here that address this.

I agree. I've bought high grade used balls in the past with no issues, but I have seen some really bad "refinished" balls, so I stay away from those.

I've accidentally bought refinished balls and it didn't hurt me really. I mean i'm sure they're not what they should've been performance wise but it just depends what you're going to use them for I reckon.

knet has great deals on recycled golf balls also, I would go for those instead of the recycled. I have had great luck with the Mint and Grade A used balls. Even Grade B aren't bad.

I tried the "refinished" balls from another company years ago.
I'll never make that mistake again. I only buy new balls.

buy used... 1st or 2nd grade are great! (some sites use 5 A's or A/B/C scale)
I bought 50 Bridgestone B330S's for 45 bux a while back.... there were 2 balls that had scuffs on them, 5 had player marks on them (sharpie) and the rest near mint!! They were 2nd grade... so I can imagine that first grade would be mint!!

I make decent money in the swamps and woods by my country club finding balls, cleaning them, and reselling them. Any chip in the paint and I won't sell, just good looking ProV1s that old rich guys whack into the woods every tee shot! My experience with used balls is great.

I buy from KNET all the time because I can get Nike ONE Platinums there (I freaking love that ball)

Refinished are no good in my book.

Recycled is the way to go if not buying new.

I wouldnt buy refinished. I just go to our local big box store and buy the ProV1 practice balls at nearly half the price. Doesnt bother me losing 1 or 2 yards and having "PRACTICE" printed on them.

Back