The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was At&t's response to the FCC about its merger with Tmobile which is essentially getting ****blocked by the FCC after letting Verizon do its merger. Scathing!!

“We expected that the AT&T-T-Mobile transaction would receive careful, considered, and fair analysis,” Jim Cicconi, AT&T Senior Executive Vice President of External & Legislative Affairs, said. “Unfortunately, the preliminary FCC Staff Analysis offers none of that. The document is so obviously one-sided that any fair-minded person reading it is left with the clear impression that it is an advocacy piece, and not a considered analysis… The report cherry-picks facts to support its views, and ignores facts that don’t. Where facts were lacking, the report speculates, with no basis, and then treats its own speculations as if they were fact.” SNAP!

This was At&t's response to the FCC about its merger with Tmobile which is essentially getting ****blocked by the FCC after letting Verizon do its merger. Scathing!!

“We expected that the AT&T-T-Mobile transaction would receive careful, considered, and fair analysis,” Jim Cicconi, AT&T Senior Executive Vice President of External & Legislative Affairs, said. “Unfortunately, the preliminary FCC Staff Analysis offers none of that. The document is so obviously one-sided that any fair-minded person reading it is left with the clear impression that it is an advocacy piece, and not a considered analysis… The report cherry-picks facts to support its views, and ignores facts that don’t. Where facts were lacking, the report speculates, with no basis, and then treats its own speculations as if they were fact.” SNAP!

I love it! Very true too.

I'm a little perplexed that the 4S is still on backorder pretty much everywhere.... Really??

I'm a little perplexed that the 4S is still on backorder pretty much everywhere.... Really??

I walked into apple store here in Austin yesterday and upgraded to 4s in less than 5 minutes.

I asked at Best Buy here last night if they had any and they had multiple devices in stock.

I asked at Best Buy here last night if they had any and they had multiple devices in stock.
There's literally 5 Best Buy stores within 15 or so miles of me and I've checked every one. They only have the Verizon version in limited qty.

I wanted to use BB cause they'll give me 6 months no interest & I get the rewards points too. I know I've spent a ton there (BB) but I know I've received well over $500.00 of those certificates so far. I have $350.00 worth of certificates in the rewards bank right now.

There's literally 5 Best Buy stores within 15 or so miles of me and I've checked every one. They only have the Verizon version in limited qty.

I wanted to use BB cause they'll give me 6 months no interest & I get the rewards points too. I know I've spent a ton there (BB) but I know I've received well over $500.00 of those certificates so far. I have $350.00 worth of certificates in the rewards bank right now.

Best buy also has the trade-in option.

18 hours in with my 4s and I'm underwhelmed from a call quality / dropped call perspective. Probably not the phone, but some app running that keeps causing it. I upgraded mainly for the speed, camera and face-time with my kids while at work...vs 3GS.

Tapatalk needs an update for iOS. Android got one yesterday, this needs to happen soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I did it. I ordered and iPhone 4s yesterday, it has already shipped, and I will have it next week. Pretty excited for a new phone since I really disliked my Samsung Captivate.

Well, I did it. I ordered and iPhone 4s yesterday, it has already shipped, and I will have it next week. Pretty excited for a new phone since I really disliked my Samsung Captivate.
Good stuff! The 4S is a sweet phone, although it wasnt enough for me to pay full retail to update from my 4.

Good stuff! The 4S is a sweet phone, although it wasnt enough for me to pay full retail to update from my 4.

Thanks WE. I was an original iPhone user, then switched to the android phone and really regretted it. Happy to be back!

Thanks WE. I was an original iPhone user, then switched to the android phone and really regretted it. Happy to be back!
I did the same thing, except had an iPhone 4 and switched to Android (switched from AT&T to Verizon before iPhone was available). As soon as the iPhone was available on Verizon, I switched back. Glad I did. I am a fan of the Android OS, but for ease of everyday use iOS can not be beaten.

Really can't wait till iOS starts to incorporate widgets, or even just a freakin icon for quick toggling for GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi

Tapatalk needs an update for iOS. Android got one yesterday, this needs to happen soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you seen Tapatalk on Android? Its awful. Looks like a cartoon or something. Whats wrong with the iOS version?

Have you seen Tapatalk on Android? Its awful. Looks like a cartoon or something. Whats wrong with the iOS version?

It kind of looks like the forum to me dude.

Nothing is "wrong" with it. Just want the multiquote option, which I probably wouldnt use much, but I still want it.

It kind of looks like the forum to me dude.

Here:

Android
Spoiler
ss-480-1-23

And iOS:

Spoiler
80b0f8c8.jpg

IMO, it looks 10000x better on iOS.

What makes one better than the other?

Looks like crap on Android. I still want multiquote though.

Imiss tapatalk for my iphone. I dont get why they all can't be the same.

What makes one better than the other?

Looks like sh*t on android. Hate it. See W.E.'s comment.

Looks like crap on Android. I still want multiquote though.

Ive wondered why iOS doesnt have that.. but have you noticed you can reply ALL in a PM? You cant even do that on the actual forum. wtc?

Imiss tapatalk for my iphone. I dont get why they all can't be the same.

I dont either. I suspect its because of the fragmented nature of Android..but could be wrong.

Dudes, don't worry, the iPhone w/ tapatalk cometh to TC in 2012. At least I can THP on the fly. that's what really matters. I'm not a tech geek and certainly not picky.

Ive wondered why iOS doesnt have that.. but have you noticed you can reply ALL in a PM? You cant even do that on the actual forum. wtc?
Whenever I get a PM, I usually grab my phone to reply through Tapatalk. It just seems easier.

Dudes, don't worry, the iPhone w/ tapatalk cometh to TC in 2012. At least I can THP on the fly. that's what really matters. I'm not a tech geek and certainly not picky.
Very good point.

Yeah I get you and your non techy ways but trust me when you use it on iOS you'll see. When I went to Android briefly I hated using tapatalk on it. Just doesnt work as well IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back