Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Been awhile since I've looked at THP but the President Cup reminded me to look.
Checkered I too had no luck with the X3 and like yourself had a excellent result with the 808. My ball of choice is the Artic. I also enjoyed the gel range (gel, pinky and UV). Maybe try one of those and see if it helps. Pretty sure 808 will be in production early next year......ask Boz for more details if you want.
Buck I now have a 64 and am enjoying it. Thanks for your help.

Been awhile since I've looked at THP but the President Cup reminded me to look.
Checkered I too had no luck with the X3 and like yourself had a excellent result with the 808. My ball of choice is the Artic. I also enjoyed the gel range (gel, pinky and UV). Maybe try one of those and see if it helps. Pretty sure 808 will be in production early next year......ask Boz for more details if you want.
Buck I now have a 64 and am enjoying it. Thanks for your help.

Glad I'm not the only one! I've still got a few different ones I'm trying, but the 808 so far has seemed the best for me. I've got some gel's I'll have to try soon with what you've said!

Well, I talked to Boz and first off let me tell you how nice of a guy he is. I've had many little chats with him in the past week about what he hopes too see and about all the golf products. He is a really laid-back guy, a really genuine person too be running a business.

Secondly I can't wait too get this little package too be sent too me. I hope too get it by midway / end of next week. I've heard nothing but good things about everything and I'm pretty excited for them too arrive!

Checkered- glad I could help. I have heard of 5 hcp players using the gel series to good results. The x3 does seem to be the most popular ball but it's not everyone's choice. I too struggled with the fact I wasn't using the one everyone else loved, but then we don't all play the same game.
Bierwirth- congrats on joining the vision test pilots. Boz has a world of knowledge and is always there to help. Sometimes I think more than he should. The guy has a passion for the game and people getting the most out of it. I've learnt alot from the simplest questions.

Yes, i completely agree!

Sadly......... Sadly; it just snowed here :( and it leaves and 2 days later it snows for the last week the day after i got my package i can't wait too take these too the course but now i have too wait a few weeks I'm hoping not any longer! But I'm going too try and go too the inside simulator course too keep my swing still in check and at-least i can see how they feel and sound.

I asked everyone for a opti golf for christmas but i doubt they want me doing that everyday they wont be able too find me all day haha.

Gone a little quiet in here. You Northerners packed up the clubs for winter?

Yes sir, another month in a half and I'm hoping the courses should be opening up for some Spring Golf. And i think they should be in great shape, we have rarely had any snow this winter..

Yes sir, another month in a half and I'm hoping the courses should be opening up for some Spring Golf. And i think they should be in great shape, we have rarely had any snow this winter..
A month and a half? It's not even officially winter yet!

A month and a half? It's not even officially winter yet!

Just talked too the Owner at our course 10 minutes ago, says it should be open March 1st or hopefully feb 17ish at the earliest! Which isnt too bad as we sometimes have had snow all February. But pervious years our winters have been 3 feet of snow -20 and this year theres hardly none with highs of +4 everyday its pretty nice Winter here in the Okanagan. Hoodies everyday i could get use too this!

On a side note: I talked too my cousin 3 hours away in Vancouver and the courses are open down there still :O

Between the weather and work I haven't been able to get out. Looks like it should be decent out and around 40 this weekend. Might get a chance to get out and play a little. :D

Gone a little quiet in here. You Northerners packed up the clubs for winter?

Unfortunately... Yes for the most part. I have played twice in the last 7 weeks in bad conditions. I got my THP pack, but really can't give any kind of review in 40 degree temps and 30 mph winds. I played the pink ball Boz sent me last week with some good success off the tee. Good distance and feel off the irons as well, less spin than the penta. I like the X3 the most so far, but my playing partner loves the yellow 808. I am reserving judgement until I get a little Better weather. I really like the colors and graphics and have been questioned about them multiple times. I may try the gel next.

Date: 12/11/11
Weather: 43 degrees, calm winds and dry (as good as it gets up here in December) :)
Test: a full round with the Vision UV X3

Played the UV X3 at Druids Glen on Sunday and shot 77 with it. I am really loving this ball. Love the color, the graphics, and the overall look. The cover is a little firmer than the Penta and the Srixon Z star, but the performance is pretty similar. Slightly less spin off the scoring irons, similar distance with all clubs, and straight off the Driver. It is a little "clicky" off the putter face, but I am used to it now. I really can't wait for some warmer weather so I can get out there and see how it performs in 60+ degree weather.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the support this year on the thread, much appreciated. :clapp:

I will talk to Josh about doing another round of testing in 2012 especially the Tour Vision / Vision Pro (Prototype 888)
ball I am working on at present as I would like to gather some quality feedback from THP as the information to date
has been very helpful from a design standpoint.

All the best to you all for the festive period and hopefully we see a better economy in 2012.

Best Regards,
Wayne (Boz)

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the support this year on the thread, much appreciated. :clapp:

I will talk to Josh about doing another round of testing in 2012 especially the Tour Vision / Vision Pro (Prototype 888)
ball I am working on at present as I would like to gather some quality feedback from THP as the information to date

All the best to you all for the festive period and hopefully we see a better economy in 2012.

Best Regards,
Wayne (Boz)
Sounds fantastic. I liked the 808. The only ball I have left is Russell. He sits on my desk at work.

Hi Guys,

Best Regards,
Wayne (Boz)

Another testing would be awesome!!! A lot of Vision fans here on THP, can't' wait to see what's in store for 2012 from you guy's!

That's great news, Boz!

Hi Guys,

Best Regards,
Wayne (Boz)

Awesome news Boz. I am really enjoying the X3. Are we going to get a production blue version? Please? My buddy swears by your 808 as well. I haven't had a chance to game the gel yet, but I will. I just dont want to lose it! Can't wait to see your 2012 line!

Hi Guys,

Best Regards,
Wayne (Boz)

Wow that's just cool. To even think of doing another round is just a compliment.
Hope for the best in 2012!

I can't wait too get my hands on the Tour! That things gonna be sweet!

I think next season I'm going to try out some Vision golf balls. I've heard amazing things about them, so they will likely be heading my way next season!

HWCBN
I was talking to AB - Long / Damien this morning about his game etc and he
mentioned
his latest scoring *where he is becoming more consistent especially in spin
terms with
the X3 leading to his best back nine score of 30 (6 under). This is one of
lowest scores
I have heard for the balls, the other point of interest was a putting best 9
of 11 which I
Feel is key to a better game not the high spin from Wedge and partial wedge
shots of
The Tour Premium designs.'
I for one find this interesting as I find my putting to be one of my most improved areas also. *My wedges also give me more confidence of late. Not sure if it's practice or ball consistency but it's most certainly more accurate than before Vision. Thoughts?

HWCBN
I was talking to AB - Long / Damien this morning about his game etc and he
mentioned
his latest scoring *where he is becoming more consistent especially in spin
terms with
the X3 leading to his best back nine score of 30 (6 under). This is one of
lowest scores
I have heard for the balls, the other point of interest was a putting best 9
of 11 which I
Feel is key to a better game not the high spin from Wedge and partial wedge
shots of
The Tour Premium designs.'
I for one find this interesting as I find my putting to be one of my most improved areas also. *My wedges also give me more confidence of late. Not sure if it's practice or ball consistency but it's most certainly more accurate than before Vision. Thoughts?

I think that a translation might help out here
In the land down under we have a few golf forums, and without naming them for obvious reasons, on one of the TheBozfromOz is known to the users there as Boz, Wayne, and HWCBN.

HWCBN is He who can't be named. This came about for reasons that don't really need to be discussed here but The Boz knows who we are talking about, which is good.

Further to the quote that allegingbow from The Boz. It relates to a blistering nine holes in 6 under par by AB_from_Oz using the UVX3, never seen this fellow play but apparently he can launch a golf ball.
The comments re wedges is something that a few low handicap users are really beginning to notice and comment upon here in Australia, which gives us higher handicappers some hope for one day having that great round of golf.

And yes we are all excited about the pending delivery of a new trial ball as well, if the past deliveries are anything to go by than I am excited already. There is nothing quite like receiving a package from Boz with a note saying try these out and let me know what you think.

To all you snow bound golfers a merry xmas and a safe new year, I will think about you as I play in some lovely summer weather.

To all my overseas Test Pilot Visionaries I wish you a safe Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope the snow clears so you can get back to reviewing the balls in the new year. Your comments and thoughts have been insightfull and enjoyable reading. Merry Christmas from Down Under.

I think that a translation might help out here
In the land down under we have a few golf forums, and without naming them for obvious reasons, on one of the TheBozfromOz is known to the users there as Boz, Wayne, and HWCBN.

HWCBN is He who can't be named. This came about for reasons that don't really need to be discussed here but The Boz knows who we are talking about, which is good.

Further to the quote that allegingbow from The Boz. It relates to a blistering nine holes in 6 under par by AB_from_Oz using the UVX3, never seen this fellow play but apparently he can launch a golf ball.
The comments re wedges is something that a few low handicap users are really beginning to notice and comment upon here in Australia, which gives us higher handicappers some hope for one day having that great round of golf.

And yes we are all excited about the pending delivery of a new trial ball as well, if the past deliveries are anything to go by than I am excited already. There is nothing quite like receiving a package from Boz with a note saying try these out and let me know what you think.

To all you snow bound golfers a merry xmas and a safe new year, I will think about you as I play in some lovely summer weather.

Hearing some great things about these balls, thanks to Boz for your support of THP and allowing the guy's to test their products. Merry Christmas.

To all my overseas Test Pilot Visionaries I wish you a safe Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope the snow clears so you can get back to reviewing the balls in the new year. Your comments and thoughts have been insightfull and enjoyable reading. Merry Christmas from Down Under.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's to our brothers down under!

Back