ESPN Gridiron Playoffs Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I set up a challenge for the playoffs.

This is set up like the regular season Gridiron Challenge (basically a fantasy league) but this one is for the Post Season.

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron-playoff-challenge/en/frontpage

League name: THP Playoff Challenge

Password: Hackers

Please use your THP name in your entry so we know who you are! Please join before the playoffs start. If you join late or do not use your THP name your entry will be removed.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST AND NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED. IT IS ONLY FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS! One entry per person.

Overview
The objective of the game is to select a roster of NFL playoff players, while staying under the $50.0 million salary cap, and accumulate the most points according to the scoring system.

Select Your Players
Rosters must consist of eight (8) players and one (1) team unit (defense/special teams) which fit under the $50m salary cap. The eight (8) players on a team's roster consist of the following positions:

• 2 Quarterbacks (QB)
    [*] 2 Running Backs (RB)
    [*] 2 Wide Receivers (WR)
    [*] 1 Tight End (TE)
    [*] 1 Kicker (K)
The listed salaries are based on a combination of the players season-to-date and projected playoff statistics according to the scoring system and will adjust twice during this game: once after Wild Card Weekend and once after Divisional Weekend. Players are moved onto your roster by selecting the position you want to modify and clicking on the green Plus (+) icon next to one of the players in the available players list.
Roster Lock Periods

Roster slots lock individually at the scheduled start time of each player's game. The first lock is the weekend of the NFL Playoffs on Saturday, January 7, 2011 (exact time TBD) and you can change the players around as often as you like up until this time. After the Wild Card Weekend is completed, you will be able to select a new roster for the Divisional Playoffs games. After the Divisional Playoffs are completed, you will again be able to select a new roster if you wish. This is the last roster change period available as the roster you have set for the Conference Championship games is frozen for the remainder of the playoffs (i.e. the Super Bowl as well). The roster change periods are listed below:

• Period #1 (Wild Card Weekend): Game launch (Dec. 15) until first kickoff of the Wild Card Weekend games (Jan 7 - time TBD)
  • Period #2 (Divisional Playoffs): Shortly after the Wild Card Weekend games are complete until first kickoff of Divisional Playoffs (Jan. 14 - time TBD)
  • Period #3 (Conference Championships): Shortly after the Divisional Playoff games are complete until first kickoff of Conference Championship (Jan. 21 - time TBD). This is the final roster lock.
In order to maximize your possible points for the game, you should have active players for the first 8 games of the playoffs. In other words, do not play any players from teams that have BYE's during the Wild Card Weekend games.

You do this so much better than me. I'm in.

I am in, thanks Smalls!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Im in, thanks Smalls!

Couple weeks to get into this one.

I'm in. I'm a Fantasy Football rookie.

Nice, I love these leagues.

We've got eight people in this so far. Bumping this to see if we can get some more.

I'm in!

Don't forget to set your team for the first round of playoff action. If you're not in yet, remember to get in before the first game starts!

Let's go people! Sign up!

My team has been set - looking forward to a fresh start!

Kind of difficult to set a team, less to choose from and some interesting matchups. Dont expect to see crazy points like we saw in regular season in the Gridiron Challenge.

That's right! There's only 9 people in so far. Wonder how many would be in if there was a prize? 75? 100?

That's right! There's only 9 people in so far. Wonder how many would be in if there was a prize? 75? 100?

I just want some bragging rights. Less people the better my chances. :D

Cmon, people!

Just a few days left to get in.

Someone named tliser got in. I don't see a forum member with that name, so if you see this, please change that name to your forum name or it will be removed.

Set mine last night, this should be fun.

Last call, first game is at 4:30 ET tomorrow.

Last call, first game is at 4:30 ET tomorrow.
Man, the board moves so fast now that I missed this one. I will be entering it tonight.

Man, the board moves so fast now that I missed this one. I will be entering it tonight.
Good deal. I'll probably bump it another couple of times before tomorrow's first game.

I already had an account as DawgDaddy47 and entered through it, that is alright I hope.

It is. As long as we know who you are is all that matters.

Back