Tiger taking a peek..

Since its against the rules to ask, looking for the missing club is common. Some pros cover the numbers or clubs do their playing partners can't peak. I've done it in a few events and qualifiers

Since its against the rules to ask, looking for the missing club is common. Some pros cover the numbers or clubs do their playing partners can't peak. I've done it in a few events and qualifiers

One of the best players I have ever known at my home course is dead and gone now, but there was a time when he won the club championship like ten times in eleven years. He ground out the area on each iron where the number was at. He did not like it when someone looked to see what he was hitting. He had his own way of knowing each club.

Seems like worrying about nothing to me as none of us hit a given club the same distance. All I care about is how far I hit mine.

I am not sure what it matters. I usually know what the guys in my group are hitting we are usually talking about it but I don't let what they are hitting influence my shot. I know exactly what I am hitting before anyone else even says what they are hitting. I would think Tiger knows what club to hit. I guess it is just curiosity but not sure why they would care what the other is hitting. To me there is to many variables I mean I might be one club longer than my partner but if he hits a 6 and hits it easy and I hit a hard 7 I may be long or so on...

One of the best players I have ever known at my home course is dead and gone now, but there was a time when he won the club championship like ten times in eleven years. He ground out the area on each iron where the number was at. He did not like it when someone looked to see what he was hitting. He had his own way of knowing each club.

Seems like worrying about nothing to me as none of us hit a given club the same distance. All I care about is how far I hit mine.

I think it can be advantageous in club selection. I know how club myself based on what my playing partner is hitting. The pros know how far each one hits it and can gage off their distances.

I don't see the problem in it. and FWIW, most good golfers can tell what their opponent hit just by watching them pull the club.

Me personally, I will only take in consideration the opponents club IF the have the same ball flight/trajectory as I.

I noticed Stricker do this yesterday on one of the par 3's to JByrd. I think it's within the rules and a good idea. I've done it quite a bit during league play.

Back