Has anyone ever built a Short Driver?

rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever built a 43.75" long driver? What kind of head and driver loft did you use? What is the shaft weight?

I built a driver that was 43.5 last year. Used a Cleveland 310 head has the head is a little more compact and it had a C. Kua shaft in it.

I didn't build a short driver however I do play a 44.5 inch driver and have the weight kit (Titliest) to add swing weight back. I cut the shaft down myself and it works great, most of the time :D

My R9 Supertri plays @ 43.75
9.5 degree
stock shaft (not sure on the weight)

I built a driver that was 43.5 last year. Used a Cleveland 310 head has the head is a little more compact and it had a C. Kua shaft in it.

Did you feel like you could swing a little harder with it and still have control?

Did you feel like you could swing a little harder with it and still have control?

Ya know, this is going to sound crazy, but I never really tried and dont really swing all that hard. I fear bad things would happen with any club and me swinging hard.

Ya know, this is going to sound crazy, but I never really tried and dont really swing all that hard. I fear bad things would happen with any club and me swinging hard.

I understand that. I just seem to get myself in trouble when I over swing. I think if I had a shorter driver I would try it more often than with a longer driver.

My buddy has a 43.75" '09 Burner that he doesn't use that I'm considering taking. The 09 Burner = Best Burner ever IMO, and I think I could benefit from a shorter driver.

Thanks for posting the article. I'm really becoming a Tom Wishon convert and information like this is just reinforcing that even more.

I play the longest clubs I can swing and still make decent contact, from driver to wedges. With short clubs I will tend to over-swing, especially with a driver, my current driver is about 47 inches. My iron set is 1 inch over and my next set may be 2 inches over if I go with more of a GI club than a blade. I just prefer longer clubs.

What shaft are you using on the R9 Supertri? What's the weight?

Please be specific with the shaft. What kind of model and weight?

What shaft are you using on the R9 Supertri? What weight?

Stock Aldila Re-Ax 60 in stiff. Not a fan of the shaft (too whippy for my swing), just haven't upgraded it yet.

I built one that exact length. It is an Acer XF Thriver shafted with a stiff flex Aldila NVS 75 gram shaft - SW is D2 if I remember correctly.

Has anyone ever built a 43.75" long driver? What kind of head and driver loft did you use? What is the shaft weight?

I have I Tour Edge XLD head that has a Aldila 65-S Shaft that I am gonna get cut to 44 inches. It is just too long for me to make consistant contact at this point. It is playing at 47. When I hit the sweet spot it is a bomber to beat all, but I only hit is solid about 1 in 10 times.

If I were to play with a 43.75" driver, I would be pulling everything 90 degrees left. I am 6'2" and that would just equal a bad combination for me. I guess I just don't see the benefit in playing a shorter stick.

Back