Nike Introduces Lunar Ascend

I like the look and the price point is obviously great. The one thing I worry about these kinds of shoes is traction. I don't mind losing a little over a full set of spikes, but sometimes I wonder how much better they would be over a normal pair of athletic shoes.

Gotta agree with one-t. The white with black and red is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

If they were all black, or all white, theyd look exactly like tigers cross training shoe that everyone said they hated.

Im pretty excited about trying them out, because I thought the Lunar Controls were as good a shoe as any on the market and the price point was exceptional. If the comfort is there, I will be all over these, especially on those hot long outing days.
I love my lunars and if these can even be half as good as that shoe with this price I will own a pair.

If they were all black, or all white, theyd look exactly like tigers cross training shoe that everyone said they hated.
I don't think so, Tigers shoe looks really bulky and almost like a high top from the 80's. I think they are completely different shoes.

I like sneaker type golf shoes...they go well with shorts. But I find the "lunar" name a bit strange.

Arent all shoes oddly named?

Foot Joy?
AdiPure?
ICON?
Etonic?
ECCO?

I guess I just dont see how Lunar is any more odd.

I love the looks of these. Just actually had to return a pair of Nike Vapor Zoom's back to Nike because of a cracked sole so looks like I'll be getting myself a pair of these with the voucher they're sending me

I really like these! I've been thinking of getting some casual golf shoes and these are definitely something I would buy.

I don't know that I'll ever be a fan of Nike. It's a mental thing and just don't like any of their offerings.

Arent all shoes oddly named?

Foot Joy?
AdiPure?
ICON?
Etonic?
ECCO?

I guess I just dont see how Lunar is any more odd.
The first thing I thought of when I heard the name was playing golf on the moon. Though I imagine you'd get a bit more carry on all your shots.

I really, really like them. I could easily see myself snagging a few pairs of these as soon as possible. Tough to beat lightweight, comfortable footwear.

Man I said I didn't like them but the White with a little red looks pretty good

I would think these would be perfect for THP Demo Day

Yeah they would. I wonder if they would leave little puddles from the sweat

I have the Lunar Controls and they are fantastic. I'll have to go try a pair of these on somewhere...

I've had a pair of the Nike Hyperfuse basketball shoes before and they were so, so, so comfortable. If that same Hyperfuse technology is properly implemented in these shoes it could end up being a really fantastic pair of kicks. Also, not a bad price point.

I actually like the look of a couple of these. I wear a lot of lime green and I think I would be a-ok with those as well as the other one that's been pointed out on this thread.

I was trying to look at the sole and see just how much traction you could get out of them. In lacrosse I used to wear molded, short, soccer cleats and I found those had plenty of traction when conditions were fair. It really just depends on how deep the molding is, and where on the foot they put which types of traction.

I would imagine that, pending a THP review, I would have a pair of these in time for the outing. Nothing like a $99 pair of light weight shoes- especially when I walk 90% of my rounds.

I like the looks of the shoe, especially the dark color. The price is reasonable, but it looks like something I would run or workout in and not lace up for a round of golf. I'm just more of a traditionlist when it comes to golf shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tried these on last night at DSG and at first I didnt know they were spikeless so these feel just like any Lunar running shoe but even better! Note they say "Hyperfuse" on the tounge and for those that know this, the Hyperfuse basketball shoes are extremely popular through high school/college teams this year, and a good amount of guys in the NBA wear those as well. I picked up a pair of lows in the basketball shoes a few days ago, and these honestly felt identical to the Ascend's. I am definitely going to try to pick these up one of these days, I think the traction will be great and these will hold up great as the Lunar running shoes always do for me.

I don't usually love NIKE shoes, every time I get one I promise myself I won't buy another one again... But I guess all the money they spend on marketing works because I keep coming back.

Low expectations aside, I just picked up a pair from TGW for $88 and change (It's normally $99.99 but bought a towel to break $100 and used the catcard coupon code to get a discount).

I needed a golf shoe since my dad's dog ate my last pair... so I decided to pick it up for 2 reasons:
1) it doesnt look HOT like most leather shoes - I live in Miami, and it's always summer here, it seems;
2) they make these in WIDE not just normal, and I have very wide feet;
3) ok, 3 reasons, I love the looks.

Will let you know how I like it next week after I get a round with them on.

I have a different opinion of these shoes. I saw and touched these today, they are much better looking in person. Nice color scheme, sole and feel (material used to create)
The black and green are very sharp and will be in the Kong's closet.

I think I'm going to pick up a pair of these for my days I have one class and then go straight to the range.

Gonna buy a pair tomorrow. These will be perfect for the range and probably don't need to change back into sneakers afterwards. Still undecided between Black / Red or Black / Green. Will have to see them in person.

Back