How do PGA Pros wear pants?!!

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Quick question.

Because it is required for PGA pros to wear pants, how do they do it?!! I mean its just sweltering out there sometimes for them and they still have to wear pants.

The material that's in those pants must make it feel like they are wearing shorts. I feel much comfortable wearing pants as well, but most of mine I just boil in.

What companies, from the PGA show have really thin materialized and very breathable pants?

ya i have some of those pants that the pros wear during the summer and heat. they are extremely thin and light. most of them wick moisture away also. they are obviously warmer than shorts, but not by too much

I prefer wearing pants to shorts, but my cotton dockers just don't cut it.

I always wear pants and it doesnt really bother me. Ive played in temps in the 90s with high humidity and it wasnt that bad.
I personally cant stand to wear shorts and the only time I ever wear shorts is in the summer when Im cycling. Other than that, you will never, ever see me in shorts.

Maybe i'm goofy, hell my wife tells me I am, anyways for myself it doesn't matter if I wear pants or shorts as they both feel the same to me. I do not sweat in pants & prefer to wear them on the course.

I prefer shorts, but many of the tech pants feel great.

I prefer shorts, but many of the tech pants feel great.

Well, JB since you were at the show at saw most of the pants, could you tell me which brands offered SUPER SUPER SUPER thin pants, basically the material that the pros wear? I need some super thin pants.

I wear shorts no matter what the weather. I can honestly say I have only worn pants on the course a couple of times and they were both this year. I find myself getting colder as I get older.

There are some very comfortable pants that we use. For basic everyday pants I where 2 types that work great here in Tampa for the summer months. I wear the Haggar Q18 slacks that are micro-fiber and breath very well and I also where the Dockers golf slack in a micro-fiber and I am pretty comfortable outside for the summer.

There are some very comfortable pants that we use. For basic everyday pants I where 2 types that work great here in Tampa for the summer months. I wear the Haggar Q18 slacks that are micro-fiber and breath very well and I also where the Dockers golf slack in a micro-fiber and I am pretty comfortable outside for the summer.

Thank you, amollerud for actually naming a brand I could look at. :D

Still looking for some more though.

Nike makes great pants in my mind.

How do PGA Pros wear pants?!!

My guess is they put on their socks first. Right foot in right leg, left foot in left leg, stand up, pull waistband into place, and close them up.

My guess is they put on their socks first. Right foot in right leg, left foot in left leg, stand up, pull waistband into place, and close them up.

Hey! No smart comments.

JB- Does Travis Matthew, Capito, SubSeventy, PUMA, Sligo, Or Quagmire make any really really thin pants?

Sligo are definitely thin. Look for stuff that is polyester or nylon.

Nike makes great pants in my mind.

ya they are truly great. i have a few pairs of plaid nike pants and they are super thin and lightweight

I am so shocked. I NEVER would have expected a smart a-- answer from you! Especially to Dent!

I prefer to wear shorts as well but I also have a pair of Nike DriFit pants which feel like you have nothing on (I'm not too sure that's a good thing of not)

These here?
http://us.dockers.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3398440&cp=2271557.3380410&parentPage=family

Do they have a little bit of stretch to them to keep them from binding up when you're moving around?

Hey! No smart comments.

JB- Does Travis Matthew, Capito, SubSeventy, PUMA, Sligo, Or Quagmire make any really really thin pants?

JB said:
Look for stuff that is polyester or nylon.

Sub Seventy's pants are 100% Polyester.

Thank you, amollerud for actually naming a brand I could look at. :D

Still looking for some more though.

I also wear the Dockers Tour Pro Peformance Microfibre pants... love them! They are always on sale at my local dockers outlet for 30 bucks a pop. Normally they'll run over 60... which is pricey for me.

The Adidas ClimaCool pants are good. I have two pairs of those.

Back