THP's Charity Contest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to be hosting a raffle on our site in the next month with the profits going to two charities. The Special Olympics and the Humane Society. This year we are going to be doing it based on raffle. Readers of the site will be able to purchase tickets for $5 and can purchase as many as they would like. The winning tickets will be able to pick from all the prizes donated in a certain class. Each night at 8pm EST we will pick 3-4 raffle numbers and that person will win the prize up for auction. If that person wins something that he or she cannot use, you will be able to exchange it for some designated prizes up for exchange. Every little bit helps and we hope that our readers can embrace giving back as much as we do.

The tickets will be sold on both the forum and the main site and the response from the companies so far has been outstanding. I will be updating this post as the prizes arrive, but so far the list is looking pretty good. We know times are tough, but we hope that we can all get a little something saved up in time to help out.

Our rules are a little different, anybody is eligible for this contest and can purchase tickets to win in the raffle. Photographs are required because we are going to submit the thread to the charities as well as the companies so that they can see the prizes in action. We hope we have an amazing turnout and judging by each company's reaction, the prizes are going to be great.

List of companies confirmed for donating prizes as of today. As the companies confirm, we will add them here. Once we receive the prizes in the mail, we will list them next to the company.

1. Taylormade - R9 Driver
2. Bridgestone - 2 Dozen Golf Balls
3. SeeMore Putters - Bronze FGP Putter
4. Basic Golf - Shirt & Hat Combo
5. Bagboy - Mini GT Pull Cart
6. Graphite Design - Multiple Shafts
7. GloveIt - Nicole Miller Headcover Set
8. Cleveland Golf - CG14 Wedges 6 Total
9. Travis Mathew Apparel
10. Nickent - Evolver Driver & 4DX Cavity Back Set
11. OGIO - OGIO Backpack
12. Lady Golf - Keri Golf Bag
13. Capito Apparel - S7 Kit (Belt, Buckle, Divot Repair)
14. PAHR Golf - Certificate for Free Outfit
15. Daphne's Headcovers - Multiple Headcovers
16. LIJA Apparel - $100 Gift Certificate
17. Titleist 09 ProV1 and ProV1x Golf Balls and Hats
18. Bionic Glove - 3 Gloves
19. SunDog Eye Wear - 4 Pairs of Sunglasses
20. Fairwaystyles.com - 2 $50 gift cards and 5 pairs of shorts
21. Izzo Golf - Swami GPS
22. Pink Tees Ladies Apparel - Dress/Polo Outfit & Tee shirt
23. Lela Designs
24. Live Eyewear Quattro Glasses
25. House of Carrington Apparel
26. Golftini - Skort and Matching top
27. GEL Putters - 4 Golf Bags, 2 putters, 2 shirts
28. Nike - Dymo Driver and 3 dozen golf balls
29. Bushnell - Tour V2 Rangefinder
30. Cobra - Camo GT Stand Bag and 12 Tour Hats
31. Hozell - 3 Hats and 2 shirts
32. 10th Tee Bars - 6 Boxes of bars.
33. Yes! Putters - 1 Putter
34. Sweet Lies Golf - 1 Ladies Outfit
35. Mizuno -MX-700 Driver
36. ECCO Shoes - Ladies Shoes
37. Epoch Tees
38. Gogie Girl - 3 Ladies Hats
39. Sligo Wear - Full Outfits & Belts

Last edited:
Special Olympics I know is a fantastic, fantastic organization. I go with the boy I nanny every week - he plays basketball, baseball, runs track and more. Those kids get to socialize and learn teamwork, and even more importantly, have a chance to set goals and have ambitions to work at. My little guy is so good at track, he runs faster than me! I'm always so impressed by the volunteers and everyone running the program.

Thanks for helping out with this program guys!

Special Olympics I know is a fantastic, fantastic organization. I go with the boy I nanny every week - he plays basketball, baseball, runs track and more. Those kids get to socialize and learn teamwork, and even more importantly, have a chance to set goals and have ambitions to work at. My little guy is so good at track, he runs faster than me! I'm always so impressed by the volunteers and everyone running the program.

I've had personal experience with Special Olympics and agree with you 100%. This is great that you are going to help them out JB.

• Admin
We can only help them out based on your guys contributions. So we hope everybody will be able to jump in.

Great Idea. all these contests are just so tempting, but I can't enter em all.

(I'm stupid with my money and have blown the last 2 checks on golf clubs in one day)

Great Idea. all these contests are just so tempting, but I can't enter em all.

(I'm stupid with my money and have blown the last 2 checks on golf clubs in one day)

wait till you have a full time job... only gets worse!

• Admin
Dent,
If you can only enter one, make it the one for charity. Help them out.

wait till you have a full time job... only gets worse!

I can imagine seeing all that money not being spent, it's gotta go somewhere.

Once you get a full time job your money is spent before you even get paid so buying golf clubs is the last thing you think about.

For some reason, this made me think of The Ringer

Lets please keep this one on topic. Thanks.

The company list has been added to original post. As companies confirm, we will add them to that list.

The company list has been added to original post. As companies confirm, we will add them to that list.

Wow--there's some great companies already!

Updated with #16.

LIJA has joined the ranks.

Some prizes have been updated on the 1st post.

I'll try to purchase at least one ticket...I'm a big fan of the humane society.

wow some nice prizes there already. Although the closest to the pin does sound like a good idea, it is alot more time consuming than doing a drawing.

Great list of companies. Some of my favorites are represented there. And it looks like there are going to be some amazing prizes. What's listed already is very impressive.

We should have quite a few more coming over the next few days and know more about what prizes are coming. Including some clubs.

wow, this is so cool. am i correct is assuming that the guys who run other golf discussion sites just keep the stuff they dont have to return for themselves? you guys are giving away some fantastic stuff! thanks!!!

RS,
I have absolutely no idea. As far as the regular giveaways, if a company lets us keep the item after review, we give it away. However most of the items we test have to go back to the companies. Rarely do we get to keep items overall. These are all items that companies are donating for this specific event.

But we have a track record with these contests and the companies that have participated have enjoyed them so far.

It's a win win for us here at THP. We get to give back to our members because they can win great prizes and we can support some wonderful charities. Not to mention we get the whole golf community involved, I am really excited about this.

Back