Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks tad. 250 yard drives are few and far between usually. To get two in one round and another couple close feels good. Was using a 9.5* Superfast from the sale clubs today.

Not launching them as high as you had been Smalls? Sounds like dropping the loft on the driver helped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not launching them as high as you had been Smalls? Sounds like dropping the loft on the driver helped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a combination of the loft and also getting through the shot better. I'm going to try out a 10.5 Superfast with a stiff shaft tomorrow if my wife's boss is there. (It's his). But yes, the launch is a lot lower than it had been.

I played my home course yesterday, Cameron Hills. I only played nine, but did manage to get in one good shot. Hole #8 is a 148 yard par 3, I hit my 7 iron into a bit of a wind. The shot actually looked like I have some skill in this game. Anyway knocked it to six feet from the pin and birdied the hole. It's been awhile.

a friend of mine was late for his tee time and he was riding the course looking for his 4 some
he passed me while i was on the teebox and waited for me to hit
best drive of the day... it felt so good. flush. effortless. 311 wind assisted cart path assisted
glad he witnessed that drive and not the one from the previous hole... it went a whopping 15 ft

Nice shot smallville!

As for me I had a chip in from about 30 feet using a 7 iron. I blasted it but it hit the pin bounced back and then spun back into the cup giving me a lucky birdie. Otherwise it should have been off the green and probably a double bogey.

a friend of mine was late for his tee time and he was riding the course looking for his 4 some
he passed me while i was on the teebox and waited for me to hit
best drive of the day... it felt so good. flush. effortless. 311 wind assisted cart path assisted
glad he witnessed that drive and not the one from the previous hole... it went a whopping 15 ft
I had a good day driving today but I did have one similar to that. It went about 75 yards though, not 15 feet, but was at about a 45* angle to the left and then I had to deal with trees.

Par 3 measuring about 135 yds. Hit a pw in to about 4 feet left of the pin. Made the 4 footer for bird.

I had a good day driving today but I did have one similar to that. It went about 75 yards though, not 15 feet, but was at about a 45* angle to the left and then I had to deal with trees.
mine was an epic top. driven into the ground. thud bounce roll that barely made it to the end of the teebox... my gf was lolling hard

Played a new course today which was pretty horrible. The whole course is incredibly hilly and there is barely a thread of grass, the greens have grass almost an inch long and the members there rave about it, could have had more fun smacking my clubs at the dirt outside my house for a few hours.
The last hole was a 270 yard uphill par 4. The drive was my shot of the round. I actually drove the green which left me an eagle putt. Missed it but made the birdie.

460 yard uphill par 5 17th hole yesterday. Had 190 in and hit a low 4 iron, maybe cut it 5/10 yards, to the center of the green about 20 feet away. I had a lot of good shots yesterday but thinking back that was the best.

Missed the eagle - tap in birdie.

I had 2 today. First was a par 3 playing 142 into the wind. Went for the flighted down 6 iron using the J38 and ended up with this great shot (missed the putt):

IMG_0123.jpg

Second was on the 18th. 503 yard par 5 and I was in the bunker protecting the front of the green in 2. Bunker was hard packed sand from recent flooding and hit a wedge perfectly to 2 feet for a tap in birdie to finish the day.

last putt of the day was from off the green
had to go thru the fringe up a ridge and into a bowl section on the front of the green
right into the hole... the only putt today that went in

I need to get the putter working better. A few months ago..I shot 75 and had 9 putts for birdie within 10-12 feet. Missed everyone. Patience is a virtue so I guess I will learn from this.

17th hole, par 3. Tee shot slightly over the green on a steep hill about 5 feet above the green, about 70 feet away from the pin. Hit the Gap Wedge and landed it about halfway there and it broke right, right into the hole. Birdie 2!

I had 2 today. First was a par 3 playing 142 into the wind. Went for the flighted down 6 iron using the J38 and ended up with this great shot (missed the putt):

IMG_0123.jpg

Second was on the 18th. 503 yard par 5 and I was in the bunker protecting the front of the green in 2. Bunker was hard packed sand from recent flooding and hit a wedge perfectly to 2 feet for a tap in birdie to finish the day.

Ha, ha! With the putter there, it looks like you were measuring to see if it was a gimme!

I was playing a new course for me, today, and I was unsure of what and where to hit on most of the tees. The 14th is a severe dogleg right, and the fairway slopes to the right, so you really need to just hit straight away and let the ball funnel towards the green. Smoked it about 255, with a bit of a draw, and it rolled up just shy of the 150 marker.

The next shot was my best contact of the day, but not my best shot. 158 yards to the flag in the middle of the green. A little wind in my face, but I had been hitting pretty solid all day so I thought I could still get there with a 7. It just did fly the green (I saved par, though!)

Ha, ha! With the putter there, it looks like you were measuring to see if it was a gimme!

I was playing a new course for me, today, and I was unsure of what and where to hit on most of the tees. The 14th is a severe dogleg right, and the fairway slopes to the right, so you really need to just hit straight away and let the ball funnel towards the green. Smoked it about 255, with a bit of a draw, and it rolled up just shy of the 150 marker.

The next shot was my best contact of the day, but not my best shot. 158 yards to the flag in the middle of the green. A little wind in my face, but I had been hitting pretty solid all day so I thought I could still get there with a 7. It just did fly the green (I saved par, though!)
That's not a gimme? Looks like I've been doing wrong all this time. hehehe

par 4 #15
hit a crap drive that actually found the short grass
then a super fat cut with my 4w leaving me 15ft in front of the green pin cut in the middle
didnt trust my wedges so i gave it a texas wedge
had to pop it pretty hard to get it over the lip of the green and it was uphill right to left all the way to the hole
just wanted to get it close cuz i already had 4 1 putts in a row and thought the odds were against me
dead silence till a few inches of the hole when i hear my buddies yell "oh you son of a beach"
best birdie of the day

Had two drives over 250 yards today. Also had a 185 yard 5 wood to 10 feet (problem was I had to re-hit on the tee that hole).

Had two drives over 250 yards today. Also had a 185 yard 5 wood to 10 feet (problem was I had to re-hit on the tee that hole).
man you are crushing it off the tee smallie

man you are crushing it off the tee smallie
Thanks Russ. I'm having my share of crappy drives too, but I am intent on having a draw on my drives, and sometimes the slice says "no, not yet!" haha.

#2 par 3. 162 to the front 174. 3 foot from the pin and made the birdie. Only decent hole of the day. I did get to watch threeboysdad actually working today. That was special.

par 4 #15
hit a crap drive that actually found the short grass
then a super fat cut with my 4w leaving me 15ft in front of the green pin cut in the middle
didnt trust my wedges so i gave it a texas wedge
had to pop it pretty hard to get it over the lip of the green and it was uphill right to left all the way to the hole
just wanted to get it close cuz i already had 4 1 putts in a row and thought the odds were against me
dead silence till a few inches of the hole when i hear my buddies yell "oh you son of a beach"
best birdie of the day

Its nice to hear about someone getting it done with a Texas Wedge!

i had 2 shots today that i couldn't pick just one..... although im sure everyone else would say the one over the other, i have been working on this flop shot for a while and i never actually pulled it off on the course and today i did so here are the 2....

Par 4 5-10 yards to the right of the green on my second shot with a bunker in between my ball and the green and the flag was 3' from the sand trap. I opened my 60* all the way and took a full swing at full speed shot it straight up in the air and it landed 1 foot from the cup with no roll. saved par... ive been working on this shot for months at the range but never had the balls or opportunity to try it today i did and i couldn't stop smiling after and i had a even bigger smile after the next hole

Par 3 125 yard par 3 with water in front and to the right of the green. pin in the back hit a full PW and watched the ball hit behind the pin start spinning back right towards the cup and lip out and around the cup to 1 foot tap in birdie! i thought for sure it was gonna drop but ill take tap in birdies any day of the week!

I went to the course this morning to try out my new 3 wood, forgetting that the range is closed on Thursday mornings. So I was forced to walk a pre-work practice 9 holes. On a 350 yards par 4 I hit two balls, one driver, one 3W. First ball was 165 out (have not figured out the 3W) and is a severely uphill second shot. Hit a 6i over the huge bunker in front of the green and stopped it 5 feet past the pin. Second ball was 110 and I hit a PW over the same bunker to 3 feet. Missed the 5 footer, made the 3 footer. Feels good when your irons are picking up the slack!

Edit: Great shots Buckjob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back