soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
I like to wear skirts on the course, but have trouble finding ones I like. I loved Under Armors skirts initially, however they use a tiny little zipper for their closure. I found out the hard way (I have a great picture of me teeing off showing more than I should!:call-me:) that they are really flimsy and completely broke on both my skirts. I was pretty upset considering they were around 50 bucks, but more that I thought they looked really cute.

What brands do you like?

Uhm:

ttiwwop.gif

GG has reviewed tons of them in the golf style thread. I believe her favorite to date has to be Golftini. But she loves a ton of them. She can answer better than me, but she also loves PAHR, Pink Tee, Nike, Adidas, JoFit, and Puma. She has a lot of them. She will be on in a few to give her thoughts as well.

My favorite skorts by far are Golftini....they come with a hefty price tag but they are worth every penny. They are at the top for quality, function and just darn cute. I also love anything from Jofit, they made their golf apparel to make any size lady look good. Sweet Lies makes some pretty cute skorts too and both Jofit and Sweet Lies have a bit of a smaller price tag. I feel the exact same way as you about the Under Armor skorts, in fact the first skort I ever bought was Under Armor and just after one wash they didn't look the same.

In March Pink Tee will be launching their brand new line and they have the most adorable dresses. I wasn't sure how I would feel about a dress for golf but I am in LOVE!! Like JB also said PAHR is another amazing brand for clothing. Their spring line has some amazing pinstripe skorts and pants that I cannot wait to get my hands on. If you ever have questions on golf clothes you can start a thread or PM me anytime. I could talk about this stuff all day.

Oh and as much as I like to support the small companies some of my favorite skorts are still Nike and Adidas.

I am sure I am forgetting a lot but like I said if you ever have questions about golf clothes feel free to ask. Especialy if you hear of some brands I have yet to review because I am always looking for new companies to contact and learn about. I love golf but I love the clothes more : )

Okay, I am 100%, completely, unequivocally unqualified to post a response in this thread. But that has never stopped me before . . .

Soxy, I notice that you said "skirt" instead of "skort." Are you opposed to skorts? They keep you from showing too much because of the built-in undershorts.

As for specific brands, I like (looking at) Lija.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

As long as you don't go crazy with the patterned ones (i.e., balance them out with a solid colored top), I think they look fantastic.

For more mainstream stuff, Nike and Adidas have a number of skort options that look classy.

Harry you are absolutely right!! Lija is another wonderful brand I don't know how I fgot to add them. Lija is another brand that really stands for quality, you can tell from the very first time you put their line on. Their stuff is also very flattering and you are exactly right if you take a solid top or sweater set and match that up wtih one of the patterned skirt you will look amazing, it's such a gorgeous and classy look.

I have some cute skorts from Talbots as well, but they have yet to feature any golf clothes this year. :sad:

Okay, I am 100%, completely, unequivocally unqualified to post a response in this thread. But that has never stopped me before . . .

Soxy, I notice that you said "skirt" instead of "skort." Are you opposed to skorts? They keep you from showing too much because of the built-in undershorts.

As for specific brands, I like (looking at) Lija.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

As long as you don't go crazy with the patterned ones (i.e., balance them out with a solid colored top), I think they look fantastic.

For more mainstream stuff, Nike and Adidas have a number of skort options that look classy.
A lot of those do look kinda busy, but to be honest, Im much more worried about whats under the skirt/skort than what design in on the skirt/skort. What can I say....Im a guy. :confused2: I do like the pink one though. If I had a girlfriend who played golf and wore skirts, Id definetly buy her one.

A lot of those do look kinda busy, but to be honest, Im much more worried about whats under the skirt/skort than what design in on the skirt/skort. What can I say....Im a guy. :confused2: I do like the pink one though. If I had a girlfriend who played golf and wore skirts, Id definetly buy her one.

Bake, none of those are pink.

Put your glasses on, Claire, its the third one from the left on the top row...

Yeah, but its a pink plaid.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will stick with the Adidas or Nike, I can spend over $100 on a skirt. Why is it that golf clothes are always so expensive? It is insane to me. The tough thing is that most golf stores don't carry a lot of women's clothing so you can't try them on first. I may just have to order them online and then just return them if I don't like them.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will stick with the Adidas or Nike, I can spend over $100 on a skirt. Why is it that golf clothes are always so expensive? It is insane to me. The tough thing is that most golf stores don't carry a lot of women's clothing so you can't try them on first. I may just have to order them online and then just return them if I don't like them.

Soxy-

A lot of the Lija skorts and skirts are on sale for around $50 right now on the Lija website.

I did see the Harry, might be able to take advantage of the off season sales!

JoFit is not $100 either.

Most of the companies aren't really $100 for a skirt, just a couple of them and like Harry said you can find almost all of them on sale right now. I would also keep an eye out for Pink Tee....if you haven't tried a golf dress I recommend it. Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

Back